Helpful WARNING for those purchasing Faster To The Fun

LHP

FYI, Goo Gone is fantastic for removing that sticky residue on just about any surface. It's not expensive and is available pretty much everywhere.

Thanks! I'd forgotten about that stuff. Packing for our cruise that leaves next Saturday and my tags are all gummed together from those stickers! Will have to run out and find some this week. :)

This...

A very simple solution, regardless of what port you're sailing from, and regardless of what color tags the porters use. Before the porter takes your bags, ask him to please tag them "Priority", whether you're Platinum, Diamond, or have purchased FTTF. Don't tip him UNTIL your bags are properly tagged.;)

In NYC 9-7-13, there was a separate cart for FTTF and Priority. However, the porters were tagging luggage with the orange tape and then putting it on the regular carts. We pointed out to our porter which of our bags were checked and FTTF, and he went over to their stand and got the orange tape for them and stuck it on. However, our bags did not have the tape (as I remember) when they arrived at our cabin and they arrived sometime after 1:30. We were on board before 12:00. I think if we didn't mention they were FTTF no one would have cared to look.

I've never not gone directly to my cabin after boarding. Never had a problem

But you were never supposed to go to your cabin till after 1:30. However, some people would always sneak in even with the doors closed.

Now those who are Diamond/Platinum and FTTF can go to their cabin with no problem.

Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago on the Splendor. We checked in 3 bags. The only one we got early had an orange sticker. The other 2 showed up after 4pm without a sticker, only the regular FTTF on the label.

I have fttf and printed my luggage tags today which have the fttf logo. Also, the bottom half of each one is green. Does that mean anything,? I usually print them in black & white.

Our cruise from Galveston in January we dropped our bags off at the terminal before parking the car at an off site garage and taking the shuttle back. As soon as the porter saw the F2F on the tags, he put some orange tape on them and made the comment about ,"You're VIP, these go on a different cart." DH's bag was waiting for us and mine got there in about an hour. Seems like some are observant while others are just there. Will pay attention on our upcoming cruise. Good to know, although it's not that big of a deal for us.

Our cruise from Galveston in January we dropped our bags off at the terminal before parking the car at an off site garage and taking the shuttle back. As soon as the porter saw the F2F on the tags, he put some orange tape on them and made the comment about ,"You're VIP, these go on a different cart." DH's bag was waiting for us and mine got there in about an hour. Seems like some are observant while others are just there. Will pay attention on our upcoming cruise. Good to know, although it's not that big of a deal for us.

Perfect. I'll watch for that!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

In NYC I pointed out our luggage tags to the porter and he put another sticker on that said something (FTTF?) in addition to the already printed FTTF and Priority (we are platinum) on the tag.

Yet we still got our luggage after 4. And yes we tipped him.

In NYC 9-7-13, there was a separate cart for FTTF and Priority. However, the porters were tagging luggage with the orange tape and then putting it on the regular carts. We pointed out to our porter which of our bags were checked and FTTF, and he went over to their stand and got the orange tape for them and stuck it on. However, our bags did not have the tape (as I remember) when they arrived at our cabin and they arrived sometime after 1:30. We were on board before 12:00. I think if we didn't mention they were FTTF no one would have cared to look.

We were on the cruise just before yours and pointed out that we were FTTF to the porter, but he had already seen it and tagged the bags with orange tape. When I mentioned that I was impressed that he had noticed the small logo on our tags , he replied that they were instructed to look for it. Our luggage arrived right after we got to our cabin, before noon.

We did not have or see orange tape when in PC August 10th...our luggage arrived around 1pm (Platinum). They just put all the FTTF luggage and Plat/Diamond luggage in a different pile

Didn't notice any orange tape in PC last month. Whether it was used or not, our bags were in our room by the time we got there @ 1pm. We had FTTF. Had it gotten there a little later, that would have been fine as well. I try to put whatever I might need right away in a bag I keep with me.

As you know, Diamond members get the same early luggage delivery perk as FTTF ....

we just got off the Carnival Miracle and when I handed my luggage to the porter I specifically asked if I needed the ORANGE luggage tape that is used in other ports.

He said no.

Well....he was wrong. I saw luggage delivered early with the extra orange tape and ours was delivered after 4pm, because we did not have that piece of ORANGE tape on it.

So do not simply believe a porter if they say no....

Not getting my luggage early DID NOT ruin my cruise.....but if I had paid extra for that benefit...I would have been mad.

I did put it in my electronic comment card to make sure Carnival properly trains their Porters. I tipped $10 for 5 bags....so it wasn't a tip thing...it was a "he did not know or did not care" thing.

It's nice that we can be diamond cruisers for only 50 Bux!!

Yes... anyone with the FTTF symbol on their luggage tags should have the orange tape....

IF the port is using that system.

Obviously we have not sailed every port since the FTTF has been added....but New Orleans and Seattle both use this system...and it makes sense because those small logos could easily be missed in all the chaos of sorting 1,000's of pieces of luggage.

I hate to "assume" that all ports have gone to the orange tape...but since it had FTTF on the orange tape, I am guessing that this is fleet wide.

It was not just blank orange tape.

I can not remember if Miami used this orange tape or not??? That is the only other port we have done this year.

Yes, Miami uses the orange tape.

I just printed my luggage tags for our upcomomg October cruise and they printed orange. Is this the same thing or do we need to get tape from the porters in Galveston?

That's different, the luggage tags print in different colors depending on where your cabin is on the ship.

This thread has been really useful. Miami uses separate bins for Priority and standard luggage but now I know to watch out for the Orange Tape of Awesomeness as well. :D

We have FTTF in 4 weeks out of Miami so I wanted to say Thank you so much for letting us know all of this! I appreciate it!! :):D;)

My sister and I are FttF on the same sailing of the Victory! If you haven't joined the Roll Call forum for 10-14, join us!

Archived