Helpful WARNING for those purchasing Faster To The Fun

LHP

We sailed from PC last week. We've been Platinum for several years now and I noticed all the FTTF luggage with the orange tags was delivered up and down the corridor before our Platinum tagged luggage was.

That's weird - my tags don't say anything about platinum. They print with FTTF and "Priority" on them instead of saying platinum like they used to. I certainly don't need them to say that, I figured it was just to make it simpler for luggage delivery to have all the "early delivery" bags tagged the same.

When our shuttle dropped us at the Charleston port, I pointed to the the FTTF symbol (I'm platinum) and asked if the bags were going to be loaded in a separate bin.

THEN the porter pulled out the orange tags. I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't pointed it out, he wouldn't have seen it. He might have, but he might not have - they were busy and everyone unloads in one area. Because we were on a hotel shuttle, we weren't there super early like a lot of Platinum/FTTF people are. We were there at the same time as the general hoardes.

Anyway, it doesn't hurt to point it out and I'd take the extra couple of minutes to be sure my bags were loaded in a separate bin (if receiving bags early is a big deal to the cruiser, and if I were told that the orange tag wasn't needed). I might do that before giving the tip!

As of January, Miami just used a little round sticker that said FTTF they stuck on your luggage tag. Ended up ruining my brand new, re-usable luggage tag sleeves with the glue on the sticker, but we did get our luggage by about 1:30pm. No orange tape at that time but things could have changed since then.

"Goo-Gone" should remove that adhesive without damaging the plastic... Nail polish remover will also, but it might etch the outside of the tag holder.

CHANGE SUBJECT: In May, JAXPORT was using long streamer-like tags around the handles that the porters attached as they took your luggage - similar to the ones the airline uses to mark your luggage that stick back to themselves. They were orange, but I think the flag-like effect stood out as much as the color. Other CC members that have used JAX since then have said the tags were smaller, but still distinctive. I didn't see what happened to the bags after they disappeared into the terminal - all but one of them were at the cabin doors by time we got aboard, and the last one was delivered a short time later.

A very simple solution, regardless of what port you're sailing from, and regardless of what color tags the porters use. Before the porter takes your bags, ask him to please tag them "Priority", whether you're Platinum, Diamond, or have purchased FTTF. Don't tip him UNTIL your bags are properly tagged.;)

BINGO!!! I like that idea!!!

The porters outside the terminal do not work for Carnival.

True they are not Carnival "employees" but they are sub contractors just like a lot of the folks that work "for Carnival".

It is Carnival's responsibility to make sure they are properly trained!

That's weird - my tags don't say anything about platinum. They print with FTTF and "Priority" on them instead of saying platinum like they used to. I certainly don't need them to say that, I figured it was just to make it simpler for luggage delivery to have all the "early delivery" bags tagged the same.

Your tags are correct.

Carnival changed the VIP because it was being confused with the VIFP (which just about everyone is)....

Your tags should now read Priority with the FTTF logo. So you are fine!

True they are not Carnival "employees" but they are sub contractors just like a lot of the folks that work "for Carnival".

It is Carnival's responsibility to make sure they are properly trained!

Maybe the Porters are more like One Toothed Bus Riders...and NOT seasoned traveler like yourself

Its the passengers responsibility to make sure the bags are properly tagged and in the bin before entering the terminal building

It's the passengers' responsibility to tag their luggage with the tags that Carnival provides. Period. As a paid service, it's Carnival's resposibility to make sure the people who handle the luggage know what they're doing....and that includes tagging luggage with orange tape (or whatever it takes) to let them know it's FTTF. It's also their responsibility to place the luggage in the correct bin. As someone who has purchased FTTF, the last thing I should have to do is supervise luggage handlers. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with reminding them that I've purchased FTTF, and I appreciate the OP bringing this to our attention, but I sure as heck won't be following them around to make sure they're doing their job.

FTTF was Carnival's idea, not mine...it's a service I will gladly pay for. But it's not up to me to make sure they execute it correctly.

FYI. They do not use orange tags in NOLA. I am Platinum and my luggage tags stated priority and FTTF right on them so no extra tag was needed. The luggage arrived at my room before we did.

NoLa does use the orange stickers. I am Platinum, also. Just got off of the Conquest yesterday. Orange stickers on all of my bags.

Archived