Anyone have any experience with In-Suite Specialty Restaurant Dining?

jvsnana

In the Haven on the Breakaway (I'll be sailing on the Getaway), are there tables set up to have your meals if you don't want to eat in your cabin or in the restaurant for lunch?

Thank you.

Hi. The Breakaway's Haven had several tables with chairs for people to sit and eat. I think some of the tables could seat (maybe) up to six/eight...or perhaps they pushed some together. I never ate in the Haven pool area, but I saw many people who did. Have a great cruise!!:)

I don't want to be a pain and ask for things I can do myself. But it does sound like heaven.

I felt the same way until I was walking down the hall with my favorite dressed-up hot dogs from the pool area.....Our butler *winked* and said hey that is my job! Love getting nachos while sitting by the Haven Pool

The more we have cruised NCL, and cruised Cruise Critic, the more we learn

Looking foreward to replacements for the little toast appetizers it seem all ships offer = "flushables" thanks to CC Board members:)

Actually, one butler told us he worries when he is not called upon to help, serve, assist. We once were even lectured for not ordering pizza through our butler:D Didn't know....just called the "pizza line"

We get paper menus and use a highlighter pen - call the butler to pick up hence, no confusion

Also, we use the "hang tag" for breakfast - mark from Cagney's and add what we want

The soup hint (above) just thrilled my DH

Thanks all

I felt the same way until I was walking down the hall with my favorite dressed-up hot dogs from the pool area.....Our butler *winked* and said hey that is my job! Love getting nachos while sitting by the Haven Pool

The more we have cruised NCL, and cruised Cruise Critic, the more we learn

Looking foreward to replacements for the little toast appetizers it seem all ships offer = "flushables" thanks to CC Board members:)

Actually, one butler told us he worries when he is not called upon to help, serve, assist. We once were even lectured for not ordering pizza through our butler:D Didn't know....just called the "pizza line"

We get paper menus and use a highlighter pen - call the butler to pick up hence, no confusion

Also, we use the "hang tag" for breakfast - mark from Cagney's and add what we want

The soup hint (above) just thrilled my DH

Thanks all

You can get paper menus?? Tell me more :)

It's amazing what you can learn on CC!

We do the same as you for Cagney's breakfast too.

I've been on ships that have Sushi at the Buffet and we have gone and fetched it ourselves...or even tacos...is this possible on NCL from our Butler?

The answer is yes. If you receive any other response from your butler he/she is not performing up to standard. I have yet to encounter an unwilling butler, but I have heard of a couple on these boards.

You can get paper menus?? Tell me more :)

Sure, you can ask your butler to bring you all the menus as soon as you are onboard.

Be sure to mention that you also want the MDR menus for each night if that's something you'd like - last time we got only speciality restaurant menus at first because our butler thought that we didn't want or need the "regular" menus too (while we don't usually order dinner in suite, we like to plan our dinner with the menus during the afternoon based on what and where we feel like eating that night).

Archived