Infinity or Eclipse for April 2014 T/A?

SantaAna,CA

Hi, I am new to Celebrity and I'm looking at two transatlantic cruises, one on the Infinity and one on the Eclipse. Both are around 13 days; one goes to Bermuda on the way, the other to New York and Halifax. The Infinity's prices are a bit better, but the ship looks rather old. I just wondered if anyone who regularly sails on Celebrity could give me their opinions.

I'm also thinking about several categories of cabins; the forward oceanviews are a good price, but on the Atlantic..hm! I also like the aft balconies and wondered about Aqua class. Any input?

Solo lady traveler. Thank you!

Hi, I am new to Celebrity and I'm looking at two transatlantic cruises, one on the Infinity and one on the Eclipse. Both are around 13 days; one goes to Bermuda on the way, the other to New York and Halifax. The Infinity's prices are a bit better, but the ship looks rather old. I just wondered if anyone who regularly sails on Celebrity could give me their opinions.

I'm also thinking about several categories of cabins; the forward oceanviews are a good price, but on the Atlantic..hm! I also like the aft balconies and wondered about Aqua class. Any input?

Solo lady traveler. Thank you!

Personally I prefer Reflection or Silhouette since there is more time in Europe and they take a Southern Route. If I were to risk the Northern route I'd take Connie, but that's just me. If it comes down to your two choices and I'm forced to select, I'd choose Eclipse.

We just completed a TA on Infinity in April of this year. While any cruise is a good cruise for me, I would have to say that next time, I think I would prefer a newer ship. It's not that Infinity was dirty but I think I would prefer something more polished.

On the subject of cabins, we had a balcony close to the front of the ship, and the movement really bothered me. My hubby was ok, but I was forced to wear the wristbands throughout the voyage. Again, not a big deal, but just something to make note of. By the way, the wristbands really do work!

Our itinerary was Ft. Lauderdale-Harwich, England with stops in the Azores, Brugges and France.

Shelly

Archived