I scream, you scream

SeaShark

For those who have read this far and don't know whats going on...

Norwegian Cruise Line announced today that a brand new Ice Cream Bar concept debuted on board the line’s newest ship, Norwegian Breakaway and will also be available on Norwegian Getaway upon her arrival to Miami in February 2014.

Guests sailing on board Norwegian Breakaway’s seven-day Bermuda or Bahamas and Florida cruises from New York City or on Norwegian Getaway’s seven-day Eastern Caribbean sailings from Miami, can indulge in a variety of specialty sundaes, floats, shakes and other ice cream treats during their cruise.

Located inside O’Sheehan’s, the ships’ 24-hour neighborhood bars, Norwegian Breakaway and Getaway’s Ice Cream Bars serve up the most delectable classic ice cream parlor creations, from floats, milkshakes and malted shakes, to egg creams and a variety of spectacular ice cream sundaes.

The signature item on the Ice Cream Bar menu is the enormously delicious Breakaway or Getaway Sundae. This massive ice cream creation serves from three to four guests, includes a whopping nine scoops of ice cream in up to three different flavors and is topped with “everything but the kitchen sink,” from chocolate fudge, butterscotch and raspberry sauces to chocolate shavings, sprinkles, crumbled Oreos, sliced almonds, marshmallows, gummy bears, whipped cream and cherries.

“We’ve recreated a classic ice cream parlor on Norwegian Breakaway adding yet another exciting innovation to our newest ship,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “The launch of the Ice Cream Bar on board has been extremely well received and we look forward to debuting it on Norwegian Getaway in February 2014. Our guests are delighted by the variety of ice cream creations – especially the runaway fan favorite, the Breakaway Sundae.”

The over-the-top menu also features an assortment of mouth-watering ice cream sundae creations, including classic Hot Fudge Sundaes, Hot Caramel Sundaes and Banana Splits. The menu also features other sundae favorites such as classic Peach Melba, with peaches, vanilla ice cream, raspberry sauce and whipped cream; and Pear William, made with pears, vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

Norwegian Cruise Line announced today that a brand new Ice Cream Bar concept debuted on board the line’s newest ship, Norwegian Breakaway and will also be available on Norwegian Getaway upon her arrival to Miami in February 2014.

Guests sailing on board Norwegian Breakaway’s seven-day Bermuda or Bahamas and Florida cruises from New York City or on Norwegian Getaway’s seven-day Eastern Caribbean sailings from Miami, can indulge in a variety of specialty sundaes, floats, shakes and other ice cream treats during their cruise.

Located inside O’Sheehan’s, the ships’ 24-hour neighborhood bars, Norwegian Breakaway and Getaway’s Ice Cream Bars serve up the most delectable classic ice cream parlor creations, from floats, milkshakes and malted shakes, to egg creams and a variety of spectacular ice cream sundaes.

The signature item on the Ice Cream Bar menu is the enormously delicious Breakaway or Getaway Sundae. This massive ice cream creation serves from three to four guests, includes a whopping nine scoops of ice cream in up to three different flavors and is topped with “everything but the kitchen sink,” from chocolate fudge, butterscotch and raspberry sauces to chocolate shavings, sprinkles, crumbled Oreos, sliced almonds, marshmallows, gummy bears, whipped cream and cherries.

“We’ve recreated a classic ice cream parlor on Norwegian Breakaway adding yet another exciting innovation to our newest ship,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “The launch of the Ice Cream Bar on board has been extremely well received and we look forward to debuting it on Norwegian Getaway in February 2014. Our guests are delighted by the variety of ice cream creations – especially the runaway fan favorite, the Breakaway Sundae.”

The over-the-top menu also features an assortment of mouth-watering ice cream sundae creations, including classic Hot Fudge Sundaes, Hot Caramel Sundaes and Banana Splits. The menu also features other sundae favorites such as classic Peach Melba, with peaches, vanilla ice cream, raspberry sauce and whipped cream; and Pear William, made with pears, vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

I read a review and the poster said their was an additional cost for the ice cream. Does anyone know if this is true and how much it is?

I read a review and the poster said their was an additional cost for the ice cream. Does anyone know if this is true and how much it is?

I don't know if that is true, but I'll take your word for it that you read it. As for your second question, why don't we ask the reviewer with the personal experience? I can't imagine ANYBODY being better equipped to answer the question!

The problem is that if one person in the room indulges then rules cite that everyone in the room must indulge. No waivers for those who are lactose intolerant.

The problem is that if one person in the room indulges then rules cite that everyone in the room must indulge. No waivers for those who are lactose intolerant.

So everyone in your party has to buy the Ultimate Ice Cream Package? Why can't NCL just have the Ultimate Everything Package and charge each party member $300.00 a day? I sure it would be popular.

Ice Cream bar was unveiled today, so nobody missed it...

Just read an article about the new Ice Cream bar opening on the USA Today cruise blog.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2013/09/17/norwegian-cruise-ship-sundaes/2825041/

The huge Sundae pictured in the first post, that serves 2-3 people was $12.75.

A regular sundae (which wasn't pictured in the article) starts at $3.50..

Also has shakes, etc...

Bill

Edited by bguppies

NCL loaded new pics on their Facebook page and you can see the menu in a few of the shots but not enough to read all the offerings and prices. The sundaes sure do look good :D

Just read an article about the new Ice Cream bar opening on the USA Today cruise blog.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2013/09/17/norwegian-cruise-ship-sundaes/2825041/

Also has shakes, etc...

Bill

Strange.......since O’Sheehan’s is known to be free. I guess they'll now have free food that's included in the cruise price and food not included.

IMOH, it's strange to have to pay while sitting in O'Sheehan's. A better place should have been chosen for this 'pay ice cream'.

Harriet

Do they not have ice cream available up in the buffet? On the times when I cruised the Epic they had a nice selection of soft and hard ice creams with toppings you could put on. No charge.

That's how I remember it as well. Both soft serve and hard ice cream. Cones or bowls, sauces and toppings.

Last week it was $3.50 for a milk shake......prices went up from their. I passed

Anybody up for some ice cream??

1379424338000-IMG-7608.jpg

...Gonna need a lot of time in the fitness center to work THAT off!! :eek:

I can just hear the haters now..."another way for NCL to nickel and dime ya". Lol. It's a vacation...buy a sundae if you want. If you don't want to spend for one..there are a gazillion other free choices to be found. I think it's a fantastic idea, as is the Java Cafe, and a very similar idea.

I can just hear the haters now..."another way for NCL to nickel and dime ya". Lol. It's a vacation...buy a sundae if you want. If you don't want to spend for one..there are a gazillion other free choices to be found. I think it's a fantastic idea, as is the Java Cafe, and a very similar idea.

I agree - I love having so many choices. Plenty of free ice cream onboard, but I may have to indulge in this. This is more interesting to me than the gelato :)

Awesome. One of my favorite things at Disney World is Beaches and Cream at Beach/Yacht Club resort. Still trying to figure out what we are doing cruise wise in 2015 but this is another point in favor of Breakaway and Getaway.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

Also has shakes, etc...

Bill

Prices are $2.50 to $4.75 & $12.75 for the huge, it serves 4