Questionable upgrade from the fairy

lolane1

NCL said the internet agency accepted it on our behalf but the internet agency said they didn't know now it happended. According to the agency, we had the right of refusal so they weren't sure what actually happened. I suppose it somehow got lost in translation. However, you should know that the internet agency has worked overtime with many calls to NCL getting us an even better located midship balcony room over the ones previously posted. We are now located in a perfect spot. I am amazed at the professionalism of both NCL and the agency. 4 thumbs up (the two of us, I am not deformed)

PS: I was not demanding, nor aggressive, just factual in dealing with both. Everything was maintained on pleasant terms with them while I freaked out in private and here on cruise critic.:o

All that stress on my part, retrospectively, was not necessary but who knew. I guess we are not a commodity. Lesson learned big time.

Nice to hear your internet agency went to bat for you and, together with NCL, got this resolved to your satisfaction. We use internet agencies as well, and knock on wood, have always had good service. The internet agencies get bashed occasionally, but when it comes down to it, you have to wonder if they commit any more errors than a standalone agent would in a brick and mortar operation.

It sounds like NCL asked and your TA accepted thinking that of course you would do it. I think it was the TA's mistake. Again, I have never had NCL change my room without permission. Glad you resolved this - a lesson to us all: don't just roll over and accept something you don't want:)

FYI: Yesterday my TA saw that my cruise fare went down another $50 before charging my credit card for my final payment. Saved me $50 extra dollars and kept all my OBC in place ($325). Now that is a change I don't have to approve;)

Sounds like Congress and the President :eek: LOL

Glad it worked out to your satisfaction, but did they give you any little amenities for the indiscretions?:confused: Will you have a plate of chocolate covered strawberries waiting for you when you board?

Nope, the problemn actually got solved --- NOTHING like the Congress.

For all those who are being so quick to blame the TA, the OP who posted about a similar cabin switcheroo on another string has reported back after NCL's Social Media Dept got involved today that NCL has taken responsibility for the error and is working on a resolution.

So that's 2 people who had their cabins switched who were booked with TAs and although they can't say the agency they are booked through, with the large number of TAs out there, it would be pretty unlikely it is the same one. The only common denominator is NCL. I'd say there is a pretty good chance the same "error" happened in this case as well.

The great thing is that NCl admitted their error and both they and the TA are working together to correct it.

For all those who are being so quick to blame the TA, the OP who posted about a similar cabin switcheroo on another string has reported back after NCL's Social Media Dept got involved today that NCL has taken responsibility for the error and is working on a resolution.

So that's 2 people who had their cabins switched who were booked with TAs and although they can't say the agency they are booked through, with the large number of TAs out there, it would be pretty unlikely it is the same one. The only common denominator is NCL. I'd say there is a pretty good chance the same "error" happened in this case as well.

The great thing is that NCl admitted their error and both they and the TA are working together to correct it.

Actually NCL said they contacted the TA and got their ok for the move. The TA denied that. NCL then said they would help fix the issue. In this case NCL did not say they made a mistake, they said the TA did.

Actually NCL said they contacted the TA and got their ok for the move. The TA denied that. NCL then said they would help fix the issue. In this case NCL did not say they made a mistake, they said the TA did.

There was an update posted at 4:59 today by MyMollySue: "Update: NCL Reservations is aware of the issue and confirmed what the online TA said. NCL is taking responsibility for this".

There was an update posted at 4:59 today by MyMollySue: "Update: NCL Reservations is aware of the issue and confirmed what the online TA said. NCL is taking responsibility for this".

You do recognize that this is not the OP?? You might be talking about the other poster that had an issue, but not this one!!

You do recognize that this is not the OP?? You might be talking about the other poster that had an issue, but not this one!!

Correct! There are two different posts on this board.....two different people.....two different cruises......two different situations/stories.

I do believe that NCL may have taken responsibility for the other post/problem. However, not these posts.

Harriet

Correct! There are two different posts on this board.....two different people.....two different cruises......two different situations/stories.

I do believe that NCL may have taken responsibility for the other post/problem. However, not these posts.

Harriet

Yes, two different people, two different cruises, both on the board at the same time...... same situation, in my book. This OP got her cabin switched without her permission, just like the other OP. The TAs have denied involvement in both cases. If NCL PR Dept had not become involved in the other case and NCL subsequently admitted responsibility, most would still be saying it was the TA's fault. A 3rd poster on the other thread stated the same thing happened to her on a Pearl booking and NCL admitted fault. Just too much evidence in my book that NCL sometimes makes these errors.

Just to clarify, we've sent our info to NCL social media, as they requested, but haven't heard anything back. NCL assumed responsibility in discussion with the TA, before NCL social media posted on the other thread. We got confirmation from a second source that what the TA was saying was true.

We are glad to see NCLs presence on these forums though, and i'm sure if there is anything they can do, they'll try.

Yes, two different people, two different cruises, both on the board at the same time...... same situation, in my book. This OP got her cabin switched without her permission, just like the other OP. The TAs have denied involvement in both cases. If NCL PR Dept had not become involved in the other case and NCL subsequently admitted responsibility, most would still be saying it was the TA's fault. A 3rd poster on the other thread stated the same thing happened to her on a Pearl booking and NCL admitted fault. Just too much evidence in my book that NCL sometimes makes these errors.

Just to clarify, we've sent our info to NCL social media, as they requested, but haven't heard anything back. NCL assumed responsibility in discussion with the TA, before NCL social media posted on the other thread. We got confirmation from a second source that what the TA was saying was true.

We are glad to see NCLs presence on these forums though, and i'm sure if there is anything they can do, they'll try.

Thanks, MollySue. I hope NCL is able to work this out to your satisfaction. Perhaps the person who has the aft cabin now will give it up if and when they understand the situation. The other aft folks they are contacting? I seriously doubt they'll give up their cabins unless they are given a big upgrade, and if anyone deserves an upgrade it would be your parents. You said NCL will not consider giving you connecting balconies. I would think they would want to consider it since they are the one who created the problem to begin with and everyone will be watching to see how it is handled.

Archived