Parking Question (1st time cruiser)

Lv2doula

I am going on my first cruise and did not know how the parking works. I read where someone was asking about best place to park.

We will be leaving from Cape Canaveral. What does it cost to park at the cruise terminal and do they have shuttles in the parking lot to help get you and your luggage closer like amusement parks do to help guests get back and forth from their vehicles and the front gates?

I am going on my first cruise and did not know how the parking works. I read where someone was asking about best place to park.

We will be leaving from Cape Canaveral. What does it cost to park at the cruise terminal and do they have shuttles in the parking lot to help get you and your luggage closer like amusement parks do to help guests get back and forth from their vehicles and the front gates?

Welcome to the fun world of cruise critic. You should repost your question on the Ports of Call/United States/ Florida Departures Board. You might want to also scroll and search that board since your question might have already been answered.

Hank

Parking at the port for a 7 day cruise is $120. Generally - we drop off the luggage at the terminal (give it to a porter - tip them generally $1.00 per bag). Then go park the car and walk back. Not sure about trams/shuttles. With us - we go with a group of people so I usually stand at the terminal with all of our carry on bags, my nephew and his stroller while the others go park the car :-) Never used off site there.

Thank you both so much!! I am excited and look forward to the experience more and more everyday!!

:)

You'll love it. Take a good camera and get lots of photos :-) I'm getting ready for my third in a couple months. Going on the Breeze out of Miami. I've sailed the Dream out of Canaveral twice and loved it. Enjoy your cruise :-)

We save money by parking at one of the remote park-and-fly businesses, and enjoy the convenience as well. They shuttle you right to the port entrance. For Canaveral, there is one on Merritt Island that is very good. The staff are very nice and they have all the ship schedules. You park you own car and take your keys with you. I don't remember the exact price, but it was a considerable savings over port parking.

What line are you traveling on? If you're on Royal the parking garage is just across the street. You can unload & park easy least from there!

If you are overnighting from the night prior in Pt. Canaveral, the Marriott Residence Inn offers free parking for guests for the duration of the cruise & they offer a shuttle to the port for under $10 pp round trip! Plus tips. I have done this at least 3 times (It was $6-7pp) & car was always safe. Hotel is sparkling. That's a lot of savings!

Enjoy!!!!!

If you are overnighting from the night prior in Pt. Canaveral, the Marriott Residence Inn offers free parking for guests for the duration of the cruise & they offer a shuttle to the port for under $10 pp round trip! Plus tips.

Just so the OP isn't mislead, parking is only free for the nights you are staying at the hotel.

If you want to leave your car while on cruise you either have to pay a nightly fee or you can book their park and cruise package rate.

Edited by aria48

• 2 months later...

Lv2Doula,

I see from your profile that you are in South Carolina. Assuming that you are driving in at least a day early, the Park and Cruise options offered could be the best way to go,,, We have done this many times. Last month, cruised out of Tampa. Stayed at a Marriott Courtyard for $99. Included free parking for the cruise, free shuttle to port (round trip) and breakfast as well. Parking alone at Port of Tampa would have been $ 120! Google Park and Cruise Hotels Port Canaveral and compare. Don't forget to read the reviews.

Just so the OP isn't mislead, parking is only free for the nights you are staying at the hotel.

If you want to leave your car while on cruise you either have to pay a nightly fee or you can book their park and cruise package rate.

there are many park/sleep and fly deals out there where the hotel includes a week or 2 in the price and often they have free shuttle service as well. check that out and airport parking sites. just make sure when you get the quotes that it has shuttles to the cruise port as well as the airport. we use ths type of parking in miami and ft lauderdale/pt eveglades. way cheaper!!

there are many park/sleep and fly deals out there where the hotel includes a week or 2 in the price and often they have free shuttle service as well. check that out and airport parking sites. just make sure when you get the quotes that it has shuttles to the cruise port as well as the airport. we use ths type of parking in miami and ft lauderdale/pt eveglades. way cheaper!!

The trip from the airport in Orlando to Port Canaveral is about 50 miles...... so if the OP is driving in, staying in the PC/Cocoa Beach area would be their best bet.

The three hotels closest to the port (all have park & cruise pkgs) are Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port.

Edited by GTO-Girl