Cabin question serenade of the seas.

So, we had an inside cabin booked for a 12 night Mediterranean sailing on serenade of the seas. Today there was a drop in price and I called and got an upgrade from an inside mid ship cabin on deck 3 to cabin 8160 E1 balcony. The upgrade cost us $230pp which I know is pretty good. We have never sailed in an ocean view balcony cabin. I'm hoping it is money well spent on the upgrade.

They had also cabin 7156 available which looked to have a larger balcony but possibly a view obstruction.

I'm hoping I made a good choice. Does anyone have feedback on the location of these cabins? If I should've gone for deck 7, I may still be able to call and switch cabins.

Thanks in advance for any advice or reassurance.

:)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Those "larger" 7th deck balconies do NOT have the privacy of the smaller ones....the balcony divider doesn't extend to the outside railing, leaving lots of "visiting" space for you and your neighbors. About 18-24 inches is simply divided by a rail......so your balcony isn't as private as the others.

So, we had an inside cabin booked for a 12 night Mediterranean sailing on serenade of the seas. Today there was a drop in price and I called and got an upgrade from an inside mid ship cabin on deck 3 to cabin 8160 E1 balcony. The upgrade cost us $230pp which I know is pretty good. We have never sailed in an ocean view balcony cabin. I'm hoping it is money well spent on the upgrade.

They had also cabin 7156 available which looked to have a larger balcony but possibly a view obstruction.

I'm hoping I made a good choice. Does anyone have feedback on the location of these cabins? If I should've gone for deck 7, I may still be able to call and switch cabins.

Thanks in advance for any advice or reassurance.

:)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Keep 8160. 7156 has the roof of the Colony Club out in front of the balcony. It is extended, but it's not a balcony cabin that I would choose.

Archived