perfume price on board

domi411

I couldn't say if the prices are different but why not check the prices at your favorite store for a comparison then on your flight to the ship check the duty free shop and once on the ship check their prices. Buy on the ship, at the airport on your way home, or at home which ever is less expensive. Easy solution.

Cheers!

Depending on which ports of call you'll be visiting, I would wait and buy there. In many cases, you can buy gift sets of your perfume of choice much lower than retail price. They will even throw in a couple of small travel pieces. I never buy perfume or cosmetics in Canada any more.

Someone knows if the price for perfume on the boat is really good or i can find cheaper price at airport duty free ??

Frankly, I have found better prices for perfume at places like TJMaxx or Ross better than the ship even with tax included. Also TJMaxx's price on the Swvorski (sp) crystal is far better than the ships. I don't buy much of anything on the ship in that department.

In nassau and grand turk, do you know if i can find perfume in those port or nearby?

There is a shopping "plaza" (for lack of better word) called John Bull that is one street in from the port (Bay Street, I believe). It's got nice purses & things like that as you walk in, but then perfume galore in the back.

I don't recall if it was a huge savings or not, but definitely a little cheaper than home.

I also love Coco Mademoiselle and even found a dry body oil and moisturizing spray mist which I picked up as I know I can't buy them in Canada. Great to use as an alternative to perfume in the hot Caribbean climate. :)

I always buy Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and just got off the Magic on Sunday. The price in the onboard shop was $101 and on amazon.com is $120. So, savings there, but not a huge break.

I've never found much wiggle room on Chanel products.

Susan

I love Este Lauder perfumes, I find the price on the ship about the same as Macy's but the bottles are bigger.

If the bottle is bigger for the same price - makes it cheaper on the ship doesn't it? Plus no sales tax.

Royal Caribbean has an offer if you find it cheaper in port they will match the price, just take a picture - don't know if Carnival has the same promotion

My favorite spot for great prices on perfume is scentiments dot com. If you don't care about the box and the item is not a gift, they have especially great prices on unboxed perfumes and tester bottles (that come without caps).

For comparison, a 3.4 oz. bottle of Coco Mademoiselle EDT without the box is $79.50.

I also love Chanel Coco Mademoselle and try to pick up some whenever I'm on vacation. I got the mosturizing mist and the body cream this month at the John Bull stor in Nassau, the ship did not have these products and next month I will pick up another bottle of perfume. That should keep me in good shape for a while.

I agree there is not much wiggle room on Chanel products, the savings are in the taxes. Or being able to find items not readily available at home.

i checked on the ship, and in port, and found prices to be comparable, maybe a few dollars cheaper, than retail at a number of sources 'at home'.

fwiw i look for / buy acqua di gio.

the BEST deal i've ever found is my CVS right around the corner, which regularly runs 'buy one get one free' deals. the retail prices are comparable, and when they run the sale, it's an effective 50% off.

I would exercise caution when buying fragrances in port. I bought a bottle of Creed Green Irish Tweed in Grand Cayman and I'm fairly certain it is either old stock or counterfeit as it doesn't have the same smell/intensity as the bottle I bought at Neiman Marcus here in the States.

Archived