New Cruisers! Welcome to the Carnival Family!

qwerty119

Welcome to the Family New Cruisers! As a new cruiser, we know how stressful the planning process can be. We are here to help! Let us know how we can help by posting below. Welcome to the Carnival Family and we hope to see you on the FUN SHIPS soon! (WARNING: You will become addicted to cruising) :) :D

Thanks! I've booked my first trip for 13 months from now. The wait is okay because I have two other international trips planned. We're going for my friend's 30th birthday. So far, four ladies have committed. Hopefully we'll get around ten or so to come!

Now on to convince my husband...

Welcome to the Family New Cruisers! As a new cruiser, we know how stressful the planning process can be. We are here to help! Let us know how we can help by posting below. Welcome to the Carnival Family and we hope to see you on the FUN SHIPS soon! (WARNING: You will become addicted to cruising) :) :D

We are seasoned cruisers but still very happy to see this post....:) I know the first timers will appreciate all the help and advise that the seasoned cruisers can offer! Even the seasoned cruisers learn so very much from the CC Family! Thoughtful post!!!:):)

Thanks! We are sort of new - 1st cruise 12 years ago on RC Monarch; 2nd cruise on Sensation 3 years ago and now our first family cruise vacation for 7 days on the Carnival Magic :D So stinkin excited I might bust! Its a surprise for our twins so I am spending lots of time on these boards to make sure I keep myself busy:cool:

Does anyone have an idea when the 2015 schedules will be available? I know it's a long way out but it's for my daughters graduation.

Most of the 2015 schedules are available through March. If I had to guess, I would guess the rest of the year would be available by January 2014. But not sure

Thanks! I've booked my first trip for 13 months from now. The wait is okay because I have two other international trips planned. We're going for my friend's 30th birthday. So far, four ladies have committed. Hopefully we'll get around ten or so to come!

Now on to convince my husband...

Tell him Carnival has Thirsty Red Frog Beer, the best beer in the world. ;)

Tell him Carnival has Thirsty Red Frog Beer, the best beer in the world. ;)

That's an interesting comment to make after posting this thread on the RCI boards:

Why should I choose Royal Caribbean over Carnival? Our 1st cruise. I have talked to friends who just got off a carnival cruise and they had a good vacation..

How would you know? Isn't Thirsty Red Frog exclusive to Carnival ships? You just opened this screen name today. What's your other screen name? Were you just trolling on the RCI boards?

That's an interesting comment to make after posting this thread on the RCI boards:

How would you know? Isn't Thirsty Red Frog exclusive to Carnival ships? You just opened this screen name today. What's your other screen name? Were you just trolling on the RCI boards?

My friend just was on a cruise. What do you mean? My name is FunintheSun0.

That's a stumper. How does one know how something's the best in the world and have never tried it? And then post it?

Thanks! We are sort of new - 1st cruise 12 years ago on RC Monarch; 2nd cruise on Sensation 3 years ago and now our first family cruise vacation for 7 days on the Carnival Magic :D So stinkin excited I might bust! Its a surprise for our twins so I am spending lots of time on these boards to make sure I keep myself busy:cool:

:D it is exciting! My first cruise I didn't know about CC....now I'm obsessed. Have you checked out the ports of call section. Always lots of good ideas there. Make sure to pack bathing suits and sunscreen in your carry on. That's another mistake I made. I'm sure your twins will want to hit that awesome waterworks area. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE.

Btw, let's keep this post positive.....funinthesun was making an honest post, why do so many people have to question motive?

Welcome to the Family New Cruisers!

Awww, that's very nice. You, CarnivalBreeze319, and other Carnival fans on this board really know how to make new Carnival cruisers welcome! ;)

Thanks for the welcome. This will be my second cruise, first one on Carnival (January 12, 2014, six nights on the Miracle). I was dismayed to learn recently that smoking is allowed on balconies (my previous cruise was RCI). I will have an aft balcony on deck 5 and am sensitive to cigarette smoke. What are the chances I will have smoking neighbors? Is there any way to find out in advance? Should I move to an interior to be on the safe side? Is nearby smoke less noticeable on aft balconies than on port or starboard?

Thanks in advance!

What are the chances I will have smoking neighbors?

Statistically, 1 in 5 adults smokes. So that means 20%. You'll have a balcony on each side, one above, one below, and 4 diagonally for a total of 8 balconies surrounding your balcony. So you have 8 chances to get a 1 in 5 chance to get a smoking neighbor. Multiply 8 by 5, divide it by 20, multiply by the coefficient of the square root of 81 and multiply by 11....That should give you your answer. ;)

Considering that I've had smoking neighbors on every Carnival balcony I've ever booked (on the Dream, we had them on each side and below), I think that chances are pretty good!

New Cruisers and those fairly new to cruising: PLEASE tell us about your cruise when you return.

Just because many of us have been cruising for a long time, doesn't mean we don't need your help!

If you have been on a ship or taken an excursion I haven't, you know more about it than I do so your thoughts are important to me and others.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Cruising! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Awww, that's very nice. You, CarnivalBreeze319, and other Carnival fans on this board really know how to make new Carnival cruisers welcome! ;)

"CarnivalBreeze319

You must know by now they are one and the same?? :D

Archived