Cruise Deals

Grez

Good point - the call centre staff may no longer be there. Does anyone have an agent they usually deal with at

When I pay my balance at the end of the week I will use my contact number for the chap I have been dealing with over the last few years and let you know the outcome if he is still there.

The reminder for the final balance last week came in an unmarked envelope which I recognised before I even opened it. It was posted from Swansea, had the usual address, phone number and my agents contact name. They only thing they do not put on their paperwork is the agent's direct contact number which is the one I always use and will do so again at the end of the week.:)

Thanks - that will be great as you will have the answer when you try your direct line. That was the beauty of cruisedeals - you had a relationship with one of the agents who knew you and your preferences - and you felt you knew them too.

My agent sometimes rang me up for feedback e.g after the Platinum so she could get a feel of what her client's opinions were to help her to advise other customers. She demonstrated a real interest in what she was selling and in keeping abreast of developments and actually checking back with her customers and asking the questions to get detailed feedback. Excellent service - I really trusted her.

Edited by kruzseeka

Sorry folks, I've let you down.

I phoned CD to pay our balance this morning. All I can tell you is that I got put through to the girl who has always taken my payments in the past. I was so geared up to have a natter with her after completing the transaction when I got thrown right off course.

We were confirming details when she dropped the clanger that the return flight from Palma was six hours different to what I had been told when booking. We had decided to take the train from Scotland to Manchester Airport and return on the last suitable train for us which leaves at 6pm. Although we still won't get home until midnight due to further connection once reaching Edinburgh the flight, instead of arriving in Manchester at 1410, won't get there until 2000.

Consequently, an overnight stay on the way home, as well as one already booked for the start of the holiday, means not arriving home until mid afternoon on the Sunday.:mad:

I do hope all those who think they are arriving in Manchester at 1410 don't get a shock when they find out it is now 2000.:eek:

I phoned Thomson and was told that I had been given the wrong flight times and there was nothing that could be done, even although I have written proof from both CD and T that the flight was to be 1410. Neither girl was to blame for this debacle but unfortunately I think they got my drift.

So again folks, sorry I didn't manage to get any information as I was too upset to continue a non-holiday related conversation. Also apologies this is long-winded but still upset.:)

That is a bit of a nuisance Skion. sorry.:(

I had a mini brochure from CD yesterday, as I'm sure a lot of you did, so the brand must be staying. Probably just using the same staff in the call centre to answer both numbers.

Incidently did anyone else notice Tui are offering $85 OBC on Princess cruises. This is on top of the early booking package which is already on offer.........it's a shame they can't do the same for their own customers, isn't it?:confused:

Edited by happy v

Sorry folks, I've let you down.

I phoned CD to pay our balance this morning. All I can tell you is that I got put through to the girl who has always taken my payments in the past. I was so geared up to have a natter with her after completing the transaction when I got thrown right off course.

We were confirming details when she dropped the clanger that the return flight from Palma was six hours different to what I had been told when booking. We had decided to take the train from Scotland to Manchester Airport and return on the last suitable train for us which leaves at 6pm. Although we still won't get home until midnight due to further connection once reaching Edinburgh the flight, instead of arriving in Manchester at 1410, won't get there until 2000.

Consequently, an overnight stay on the way home, as well as one already booked for the start of the holiday, means not arriving home until mid afternoon on the Sunday.:mad:

I

I do hope all those who think they are arriving in Manchester at 1410 don't get a shock when they find out it is now 2000.:eek:

I phoned Thomson and was told that I had been given the wrong flight times and there was nothing that could be done, even although I have written proof from both CD and T that the flight was to be 1410. Neither girl was to blame for this debacle but unfortunately I think they got my drift.

So again folks, sorry I didn't manage to get any information as I was too upset to continue a non-holiday related conversation. Also apologies this is long-winded but still upset.:)

Ok dear skioncruises that is so disappointing. I am so sorry you have had this complication - and expense. Don't worry about the cruisedeals bit - we'll get to know about that in due course. I can quite understand how it flew out of your mind in the circumstances with that news coming out of the blue. Hope you feel less upset soon and can look forward to your holiday without this putting too much of a dampener on your anticipation. ;)

That's a whopper of an error, Skioncruises, which is going to cost you a fair bit of money and inconvenience. Little wonder you were annoyed.

Our return flight next year to Manchester gets in just after 5 am, too early to check in to a hotel or to catch the train. If it were Glasgow, we would be half an hour from home ;)

Ok dear skioncruises that is so disappointing. I am so sorry you have had this complication - and expense. Don't worry about the cruisedeals bit - we'll get to know about that in due course. I can quite understand how it flew out of your mind in the circumstances with that news coming out of the blue. Hope you feel less upset soon and can look forward to your holiday without this putting too much of a dampener on your anticipation.

Thanks for your kind words kruzseeka.

The fact that it is the TA back to Palma after 27 nights (22 in some cases) will impact on others who, like me, booked early and have additional travel plans involving some distance to reach home.:)

Skion I've just checked this before posting.

For the 22 night cruise, which I have been checking, there are two flights returning to Palma on the 3rd May one about 12noon the other 14.10. I don't see why they couldn't transfer you to one of these. It might be worth a phone call.

That is a bit of a nuisance Skion. sorry.

I had a mini brochure from CD yesterday, as I'm sure a lot of you did, so the brand must be staying. Probably just using the same staff in the call centre to answer both numbers.

Incidently did anyone else notice Tui are offering $85 OBC on Princess cruises. This is on top of the early booking package which is already on offer.........it's a shame they can't do the same for their own customers, isn't it?:confused:

Thanks happy v.

Not sure who I first spoke to but was pleasantly surprised to be passed to the girl in Swansea I had dealt with previously. We had started off our conversation with the usual pleasantries then moved on to business with the intention of ending with some probing on my part re CD. Alas it was not to be.

I never seem to get anything from either CD or T even though they have my email address. So long as T send the tickets I am not particularly bothered. When I want to look for something I will do it without any prompting.

I used to get brochures etc. from Princess and P & O but haven't had anything for a while. This was obviously a kick back from a couple of OV cruises we did when we were lucky enough to take advantage of them flying from Glasgow. Wouldn't go from Southampton as, like the upcoming TA in April which has caused problems today, it means long distance travelling instead of flying from Scotland.:)

That's a whopper of an error, Skioncruises, which is going to cost you a fair bit of money and inconvenience. Little wonder you were annoyed.

Our return flight next year to Manchester gets in just after 5 am, too early to check in to a hotel or to catch the train. If it were Glasgow, we would be half an hour from home)

Hi Little Nell

Thanks for your comments. Sorry I missed your post while running back and forward to the cooker, it must have popped up while I was writing to kruzseeka.

It's only the inconvenience of having to book another overnight stay (which I had booked before Christmas just to get it out of the way) plus not getting home until the Sunday after 27 nights. We didn't want the 300+ mile drive to Manchester and back and the car being parked for four weeks. I feel sorry for anyone who is flying into Manchester and doesn't know the flight time. Also we will be hanging around the ship until mid afternoon before going to the airport.

Crikey, 5am arrival is not very passenger friendly. Are you, like us, going on the Transpennine Express or have you not decided yet?:)

Skion I've just checked this before posting.

For the 22 night cruise, which I have been checking, there are two flights returning to Palma on the 3rd May one about 12noon the other 14.10. I don't see why they couldn't transfer you to one of these. It might be worth a phone call.

Hi happy v

We are not flying back to Palma on the 3rd. We are bringing the ship back to Palma from Barbados - it is the Atlantic Explorer crossing.

After a loooong time on the phone with Thomson following the revelation from CD I was told there was no flight from Palma to Manchester arriving at 1410. There had better not be after what I was told this morning. I have booked our overnight stay for the 3rd and it is non-transferable or cancellable (is that a word?).:eek:

When I booked this holiday in December 2012 my flights were confirmed by both CD and T as Manchester 1050/Barbados 1450 and Palma 1230/ Manchester 1410 which meant the 1800 train to Edinburgh was suitable as it allowed for delays in flights, getting through customs, collecting cases etc.

In February 2013 I received a letter from T stating the outbound flight had been brought forward by an hour to 0950/Barbados 1325 with no change to the inbound flight.

Hi Little Nell

Thanks for your comments. Sorry I missed your post while running back and forward to the cooker, it must have popped up while I was writing to kruzseeka.

It's only the inconvenience of having to book another overnight stay (which I had booked before Christmas just to get it out of the way) plus not getting home until the Sunday after 27 nights. We didn't want the 300+ mile drive to Manchester and back and the car being parked for four weeks. I feel sorry for anyone who is flying into Manchester and doesn't know the flight time. Also we will be hanging around the ship until mid afternoon before going to the airport.

Crikey, 5am arrival is not very passenger friendly. Are you, like us, going on the Transpennine Express or have you not decided yet?:)

After that amount of time, Skioncruises, you will be ready for home.

We will look into the train. Can you give us any advice on booking it? When do you think would be the best time to book in advance. Our neighbours always manage to get a real bargain on the train, but every time we have tried it has been ludicrously expensive and we have ended up flying.

It won't be long now until you go. You must be getting excited now.

Sorry, me being careless. It should read FROM Palma. Definitely a 14.10 return on Ts website.

Hi happy v

Have just popped on to see what has been happening over the last couple of hours and I see you are still on line. Many thanks for the info re the flights.

I did mention other flights to the girl at Thomson but she said there was nothing.

I have been checking and see that there is one flight out to Barbados on 6th (ours) for 27 nights and one flight on 13th for 20 nights. However, on the way back from Palma, as you rightly say (sorry for doubting you) there are two flights, at 1015 and 1230 for those on 20 nights. Those doing 27 nights (us) appear to have been shoved from the 1230 flight to one leaving at 1820 arriving at 2000.:eek:

As I stated earlier, I have paperwork from both CD and T stating we are on the 1230 flight.

As I took their word as gospel I went ahead and booked the overnight accommodation for the return journey. Based on the above I will be contacting them in the morning and asking for a refund.

I may need someone's help for a direct phone number and email address if I get nowhere.:eek:

Will keep you posted.:)

Hi happy v

Have just popped on to see what has been happening over the last couple of hours and I see you are still on line. Many thanks for the info re the flights.

I did mention other flights to the girl at Thomson but she said there was nothing.

I have been checking and see that there is one flight out to Barbados on 6th (ours) for 27 nights and one flight on 13th for 20 nights. However, on the way back from Palma, as you rightly say (sorry for doubting you) there are two flights, at 1015 and 1230 for those on 20 nights. Those doing 27 nights (us) appear to have been shoved from the 1230 flight to one leaving at 1820 arriving at 2000.:eek:

As I stated earlier, I have paperwork from both CD and T stating we are on the 1230 flight.

As I took their word as gospel I went ahead and booked the overnight accommodation for the return journey. Based on the above I will be contacting them in the morning and asking for a refund.

I may need someone's help for a direct phone number and email address if I get nowhere.:eek:

Will keep you posted.:)

No problem, I just think it's disgraceful when you booked so early to be treated like this.

Good luck tomorrow.

Hi happy v

We are not flying back to Palma on the 3rd. We are bringing the ship back to Palma from Barbados - it is the Atlantic Explorer crossing.

After a loooong time on the phone with Thomson following the revelation from CD I was told there was no flight from Palma to Manchester arriving at 1410. There had better not be after what I was told this morning. I have booked our overnight stay for the 3rd and it is non-transferable or cancellable (is that a word?).:eek:

When I booked this holiday in December 2012 my flights were confirmed by both CD and T as Manchester 1050/Barbados 1450 and Palma 1230/ Manchester 1410 which meant the 1800 train to Edinburgh was suitable as it allowed for delays in flights, getting through customs, collecting cases etc.

In February 2013 I received a letter from T stating the outbound flight had been brought forward by an hour to 0950/Barbados 1325 with no change to the inbound flight.

Hi skioncruises,

Must admit to not following this thread but what a huge bummer on flight time change.I see you booked this holiday in December 2012.I dont see how CD could confirm these flights times then for a holiday in 2014 as flight schedules are not set in stone that far in advance to my knowledge.

Hi skioncruises,

Must admit to not following this thread but what a huge bummer on flight time change.I see you booked this holiday in December 2012.I dont see how CD could confirm these flights times then for a holiday in 2014 as flight schedules are not set in stone that far in advance to my knowledge.

Hi Jim

With all due respect, the holiday was on sale from October 2012 and after careful consideration of which airport to go from (Gatwick/Birmingham/Manc hester) we opted for Manchester. Closer to home, basically station direct to airport, at convenient times apart from having to travel the day before resulting in an overnight stay. The holiday in question is 27 nights and disappeared very quickly from the Manchester site so we booked because we wanted that particular length of time doing a Transatlantic crossing (which we have done 3 times before and thoroughly enjoyed).

At time of advertising, point of sale and two months later when the outbound flight was brought forward by an hour (and which we were notified about) the flight from Palma was the same.

I am upset at the fact that when I paid my balance the flight times were confirmed and that was when I was informed there had been a six hour change. Later in the day I discovered that the flight still exists but has been allocated for those who are doing the 20 nights. This six hour change means that the last train we can get back to Scotland for our onward connection home will be half way to Edinburgh before we get to Manchester. Consequently another overnight stay has had to be made and we will not arrive home until late afternoon on the Sunday.

You state in another thread "We book well in advance to guarantee seats on a flight from our preferred airport, get the cabin and deck we want and secure AI." Although our priorities are similar to yours the seats and AI are not. Normally, we are happy so long as we get the itinerary, length of holiday, a price to suit our pocket, and a flight from Scotland (sadly there were only flights from England in this case). Come departure day everything is in place and the rest is up to us.:)

Hi Jim

At time of advertising, point of sale and two months later when the outbound flight was brought forward by an hour (and which we were notified about) the flight from Palma was the same.

I am upset at the fact that when I paid my balance the flight times were confirmed and that was when I was informed there had been a six hour change. Later in the day I discovered that the flight still exists but has been allocated for those who are doing the 20 nights. This six hour change means that the last train we can get back to Scotland for our onward connection home will be half way to Edinburgh before we get to Manchester. Consequently another overnight stay has had to be made and we will not arrive home until late afternoon on the Sunday.

Hi skioncruises,

Thats different the fact the flight is still going but been allocated to others and would be as upset as you in this situ but was unaware of that until you posted such,that and the fact I haven`t been following the thread.I know what your saying "well butt out then " ;)

What I was trying to get across was I dont see how/why TA`s confirm flight times so far in advance or even on payment of balance when flight schedules aren`t out by then.Flight times are confirmed once someone receives their flight tickets,2,3 weeks in avance of their holiday

You state in another thread "We book well in advance to guarantee seats on a flight from our preferred airport, get the cabin and deck we want and secure AI." Although our priorities are similar to yours the seats and AI are not. Normally, we are happy so long as we get the itinerary, length of holiday, a price to suit our pocket, and a flight from Scotland (sadly there were only flights from England in this case). Come departure day everything is in place and the rest is up to us.:)
My priorities were not in particular order or exhaustive ;).It goes without saying that itinerary and price are important

When I said seats were a priority I didn`t mean A specific seat what I meant was a seat/flight from Scotland was important

Edited by Jim The Scot

Hi skioncruises,

Thats different the fact the flight is still going but been allocated to others and would be as upset as you in this situ but was unaware of that until you posted such,that and the fact I haven`t been following the thread.I know what your saying "well butt out then " ;)

What I was trying to get across was I dont see how/why TA`s confirm flight times so far in advance or even on payment of balance when flight schedules aren`t out by then.Flight times are confirmed once someone receives their flight tickets,2,3 weeks in avance of their holiday

My priorities were not in particular order or exhaustive ;).It goes without saying that itinerary and price are important

When I said seats were a priority I didn`t mean A specific seat what I meant was a seat/flight from Scotland was important

Hi Jim

Sorry, but as you can imagine I was rather ------ off (use your own word). We don't normally book so far in advance but when we have there has never been any problems. After 25 years of cruising with them this is the first hiccup apart from a rather disastrous cruise on the Celebration last year.

I am in contact with our "friends at T" at the moment and things are not going very well so far. I will say no more as the situation is ongoing.

As we have been booking with CD over the last few years and our tickets come direct by email between 5/6 weeks before. Still a bit late to get the best hotel deals and, in this case, train fares to Manchester. The tickets for going down actually came on sale on Sunday and I got them at a favourable price. I have to wait another 4 weeks to get the best deal for the return tickets, although I was able to secure the same hotel. It's more annoying that we have the added expense of hotel/evening meal/breakfast than anything else but it will sort itself out.:)

Hi Jim

Sorry, but as you can imagine I was rather ------ off (use your own word). We don't normally book so far in advance but when we have there has never been any problems. After 25 years of cruising with them this is the first hiccup apart from a rather disastrous cruise on the Celebration last year.

I am in contact with our "friends at T" at the moment and things are not going very well so far. I will say no more as the situation is ongoing.

As we have been booking with CD over the last few years and our tickets come direct by email between 5/6 weeks before. Still a bit late to get the best hotel deals and, in this case, train fares to Manchester. The tickets for going down actually came on sale on Sunday and I got them at a favourable price. I have to wait another 4 weeks to get the best deal for the return tickets, although I was able to secure the same hotel. It's more annoying that we have the added expense of hotel/evening meal/breakfast than anything else but it will sort itself out.:)

Hi skioncruises

No apology and totally understandable that your ----- off(insert appropriate word):DI would be in your situ.Think its only natural to do what you did, book any relevant transport and accommodaton at the best/early price.I would and would also be seriously ------ off(again insert appropriate word)if I ended up in the same situ as your are and would be looking for recompense.Reading between the lines your on the case and good luck to you

Hi Jim

I'm sure any holiday i have booked with Thomson, First Choice, Thomas Cook, or anyone else, the flights have always been sold as advisory, and that times can change, and flights times are not actually confirmed until a month or so before the actual flight, is that not the case?

In fact, if i login now to my next holiday, it states to check closer to the holiday date for confirmed flights times (even though i have flight times from date of booking), so nothing is guaranteed, and as far as i was aware, never was.

This is waht it says in the A-Z in the brochure:

Flight Times

Actual flight times are on your tickets. They are local times based on the 24–hour system.

We can’t guarantee the flight times in our brochure, on our website or on your booking

confirmation won’t change, so please always check your tickets.

This is the section that talks about major changes, and if compensation is payable by them:

Major Changes To Your Holiday

Occasionally, we have to make major changes to the flight or accommodation making up your holiday with us.

Major changes to your holiday for which we will pay compensation unless the change is for reasons beyond our

control (see `Important Note - Events Beyond Our Control’), using the scale shown, may include the following

changes: a significant change of destination, a change in accommodation to that of a lower category, a change in

the time of your departure or return flight by more than 12 hours, a change of UK departure airport (excluding

changes between London airports, London, Ebbsfleet and Ashford stations and between Dover/Folkestone ports).

Then there is this one (although it does saay they should advise you, that's the section that says that flights are for guidance only):

4. If We Change Your Booking Details

We hope that we will not have to make any change to your holiday but, because our holidays are planned many

months in advance, we sometimes do need to make changes. We reserve the right to do this at any time. We will

let you or your travel agent know about any important changes when you book. If you have already booked, we will

let you know as soon as we can, if there is time before your departure. Flight timings shown by us are for guidance

only and may change.

Edited by sodafountain

Hi skioncruises

No apology and totally understandable that your ----- off(insert appropriate word):DI would be in your situ.Think its only natural to do what you did, book any relevant transport and accommodaton at the best/early price.I would and would also be seriously ------ off(again insert appropriate word)if I ended up in the same situ as your are and would be looking for recompense.Reading between the lines your on the case and good luck to you

Hi Jim

I'm not looking for anything. Don't want flowers, booze, chocs or anything else. Was so upset but the situation is recoverable and just wanted to register my dissatisfaction. They managed to tell me of a flight change going out to Barbados two months after booking (February 2013) but could only drop the bombshell last Friday once they had my final balance (eleven months later). Plus the fact that (thanks to a fellow CCer;)), although I was told there was no flight at 1230 I found out it did exist but appears to be for those on the 20 nights. Those doing 27 nights are being put on the 1800.

I feel sorry for anyone else who has still to pay their balance and thinks they have the same flight as we thought we had. They may not know yet as we booked through CD who want their money 12 weeks before whereas TAs are 8-10 weeks. The proverbial could hit the fan in the next couple of weeks.:eek::)

I'm sure any holiday i have booked with Thomson, First Choice, Thomas Cook, or anyone else, the flights have always been sold as advisory, and that times can change, and flights times are not actually confirmed until a month or so before the actual flight, is that not the case?

In fact, if i login now to my next holiday, it states to check closer to the holiday date for confirmed flights times (even though i have flight times from date of booking), so nothing is guaranteed, and as far as i was aware, never was.

This is waht it says in the A-Z in the brochure:

Flight Times

Actual flight times are on your tickets. They are local times based on the 24–hour system.

We can’t guarantee the flight times in our brochure, on our website or on your booking

confirmation won’t change, so please always check your tickets.

This is the section that talks about major changes, and if compensation is payable by them:

Major Changes To Your Holiday

Occasionally, we have to make major changes to the flight or accommodation making up your holiday with us.

Major changes to your holiday for which we will pay compensation unless the change is for reasons beyond our

control (see `Important Note - Events Beyond Our Control’), using the scale shown, may include the following

changes: a significant change of destination, a change in accommodation to that of a lower category, a change in

the time of your departure or return flight by more than 12 hours, a change of UK departure airport (excluding

changes between London airports, London, Ebbsfleet and Ashford stations and between Dover/Folkestone ports).

Then there is this one (although it does saay they should advise you, that's the section that says that flights are for guidance only):

4. If We Change Your Booking Details

We hope that we will not have to make any change to your holiday but, because our holidays are planned many

months in advance, we sometimes do need to make changes. We reserve the right to do this at any time. We will

let you or your travel agent know about any important changes when you book. If you have already booked, we will

let you know as soon as we can, if there is time before your departure. Flight timings shown by us are for guidance

only and may change.

Thats about it sodafountain.I also believe its Brussels who actually set the time schedules.

Hi Jim

I'm not looking for anything. Don't want flowers, booze, chocs or anything else. Was so upset but the situation is recoverable and just wanted to register my dissatisfaction.

Hi skioncruises,

In that case,if you do get anything send them on :D .Seriously can understand where our coming from

They managed to tell me of a flight change going out to Barbados two months after booking (February 2013) but could only drop the bombshell last Friday once they had my final balance (eleven months later). Plus the fact that (thanks to a fellow CCer;)), although I was told there was no flight at 1230 I found out it did exist but appears to be for those on the 20 nights. Those doing 27 nights are being put on the 1800.

Doesn`t take Taggart to decipher they knew everything all along but convienently forgot to mention it

I feel sorry for anyone else who has still to pay their balance and thinks they have the same flight as we thought we had. They may not know yet as we booked through CD who want their money 12 weeks before whereas TAs are 8-10 weeks. The proverbial could hit the fan in the next couple of weeks.:eek::)

Oh dear

Hello sodafountain

Thanks for your comments. I am too long in the tooth not to know all the Ts & Cs. It was only a fluke the night before I was paying the holiday that kicked all this off when I found our holiday had magically reappeared on the site after many months and I noticed several different flight times.

I don't want anything from Thomson. I just wanted to register my dissatisfaction at the lack of customer information.

All the niggles are recoverable with a bit of jiggle here and there. It is the blasé attitude implying that I am wrong, irrespective of the information I have in print before me, and being told there is no such flight when I found out different. That's what really put the cat among the pigeons. Plus the fact that it is approximately a 650 mile round trip from home to Manchester and we will not now return home until the next day about tea time.

Been reading an awful lot of negative things about the Dream. However, we have never sailed on her and will go and get on with our holiday the way we normally do - using it as a floating hotel as we are off the minute the ship docks and not back until sailing time.:)

If you want to make a proper comlaint, send an e-mail to david.burling@thomson.co.uk

When i did this, i had a call back (althoguh 7 days later) from the executive office, and had a good hour chat to someone to air my problems, and was very good.

Also, if you have the cruise brochure (you can probably still download it), it clearlys states the MAnchester flight home for the 27 day cruise is 14.10, so you can point out that you are unhappy at being almost accused of lying, as there is no way you could have been told that is the flight home, although it was clearly printing in their brochure, and maybe staff need a little more training.

I have just readthru this thread

what a disappointment for you skion...not uncommon with thoms unfortunately

our friends have just come back from dream in caribbean flying from gatwick...on the 22 december

on this day there were 2 thoms flights scheduled to fly to barbados from gatwick, the dreamliner and the first choice 767 they chose the dreamliner flight, they are aircraft enthusiasts and the dreamliner flight was a major deciding factor in booking the cruise in the first place, at the time thoms assured them that they were booked on the dreamliner, they even upgraded to premium... they were so looking forward to flying on this new aircraft

a few weeks before departure thoms informed them that the dreamliner flight had been cancelled and that they would now be flying on a 767...fair do's they thought..just unlucky

on arrival at gatwick they were horrified to find both the first choice 767 and the dreamliner waiting to fly dream pax to barbados as scheduled...........basically thoms lied (bare faced) to them when they were switched from the dreamliner to the 767....when they complained thoms just quoted the notice period

moral of all this...thoms can (and do) change just about anything re your flight/cruise and quote the notice period or operational reasons?...thoms do seem to think that its reasonable for people to end up with something that only has a passing resemblance to what they originally booked and hold confirmations for

on another issue re the trains.....we also book bargain advance train tickets when we need to travel to gatwick (we live in the sticks)

problem with advance tickets is that you are (usually) booked onto a specific train, we have learned (the hard way) to book thru the 'trainline' website where you have the option of buying their cancellation insurance (£1 per booking)

but its little comfort really because if you do miss the advance booking window that leaves you having to book anytime tickets which usually cost 4 times as much...these extra costs are never acknowledged by thoms despite having a confirmed booking with them (they just quote their notice period/terms & conditions....again) v disappointing:(

Edited by geomagot