PETER SHANKS Signing off…

Runners

He says:

"Liverpool – OK so I may have generated some unhelpful competition and rivalry between Southampton and Liverpool. Well the former is our ‘home’ and the latter is our ‘spiritual home’. Talking of Liverpool, I was there last week and I had a personal tour of the famous Cunard building. It was quite something with the original panelled Board Room and the cavernous marble check-in halls. It reminded me just how enduring Cunard Line is. Over recent years we held three very moving Cunard concerts in Liverpool Cathedral where the Cunard magic moved many present to tears. I am hopeful that Liverpool will play a special role in Cunard’s 175th anniversary in 2015."

In today's news:

Liverpool's cruise liner terminal is to take a step into the future and the past - by moving to the famous Cunard Building.

The Edwardian Renaissance-style building will replace the present basic cruise liner facility, housed in a temporary tent next to the Titanic Memorial, next year or possibly in early 2015.

The available floor space is about 10 times the size of the current Liverpool Cruise Terminal check-in, baggage handling and customs area.

As a result Liverpool is no longer limited by its present capacity of handling a maximum ship-load of 1,500 passengers on a turnaround cruise, as liner capacity often now exceeds 3,000 guests.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/cunard-building-house-liverpool-cruise-6102575

So it should be ready in time for the 3 Cunard Queens meeting in Liverpool in July 2015 for the 175th anniversary.

I read on the P&O section earlier in the year that both he and Carol Marlowe are going as a result of the vantage / getaway fiasco which has annoyed many long term customers (and lost the company money) This was of course speculation on the part of the posters but it does seem strange to lose both senior staff at the same time.

A handbag anyone.....

I read on the P&O section earlier in the year that both he and Carol Marlowe are going as a result of the vantage / getaway fiasco which has annoyed many long term customers (and lost the company money) This was of course speculation on the part of the posters but it does seem strange to lose both senior staff at the same time.

A handbag anyone.....

I doubt that the Vantage/Getaway Scheme was the brain child of Shanks and Marlowe. The current shake-up at CCL is far reaching and involves a near complete restructuring of CCL UK.

And the next award for Biggest Scapegoat goes to.....

Archived