Excursions...lots of cancellations...anyone else getting emails?

bradsnana

Check your SPAM filter. You may have RCI as a trusted contact, but these emails come from a different address.

Oh, I make a habit of checking it every day, but thanks. I called and spoke directly to the pre-planning excursion desk today to let them know they have an internal problem. The agent I spoke with said that they are aware that there is a problem on their end, but it is only with the particular .com company that I use for these type of emails. She did suggest that I give her another email address for them to use. I know it worked in the past and they need to fix their IT issues, so I refused.

My sister uses a different .com for her emails from RCI and never received the email either, but did mysteriously receive a "Pre-Planner Summary" yesterday evening after my original phone call with them. Go figure, I love RCI, but their many IT issues are frustrating.:rolleyes:

I just had reservations cancelled for 16 people on the Castaway excursion in St. Thomas (11/13/13) on the November 10, 2013 Allure sailing. :( I didn't know about it until one of our group called to say the excursion isn't showing up anymore on their pre-cruise planner.

RCCL rep said they didn't know about the cancellations until they started getting calls from people. Don't know how true that is - but they said they sent a cancellation email to me and that the money was being refunded. I didn't receive an email, (and still haven't) BUT the money was refunded today. We have rebooked on the Turtle Cover Sail & Snorkel. Hopefully it won't be cancelled.

I had to use another email (my work email) to get any confirmations sent on the new shore excursion bookings. BUT I have been getting other notifications from RCCL about the cruise and doing all the on-line pre-cruise requirements, luggage tags, etc.

Thanks to CC and this thread I checked my St Thomas excursion for my Allure cruise 11/10/2013 and it is cancelled.

No email. when I called RCI, shore excursion help desk they confirmed the cancellation and said a email was sent with details. They resent the email while we were on the phone and I still have not received it.

It is too bad, but not the the end of the world.

What's up....has this happened before... One of my three are cancelled. I hope that's it!

It used to be that the excursions were only released about six weeks prior to the cruise. Now they are releasing the excursions so far in advance they have lost the ability to change prices and offerings accordingly. It was maddening for us to wait for an excursion we wanted, but it probably worked out better for them in the long run.

Of course we were able to make reservations with the independents way in advance without price changes, but they were working with a much smaller number of people.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Everyone who had an excursion cancelled should go check the available excursions online. Some new ones may be available.

I had my St. John "guided shopping" tour cancelled for my cruise next month. I checked, and there was another, similar excursion available. I booked the "Self Explore St. John". At $34, it was $6 less per person than the original excursion. It gives me the same amount of time in St. John for less money.

RCL is likely updating their excursion offerings. Their communication leaves much to be desired.

Edited by khm1

Just received this email today.

Dear Guest,

Please be advised that the tour operator has informed us that the Jeep & Beach Adventure Tour will not be offered for your sailing date. The tour has been cancelled from your booking and your credit card will be refunded accordingly. Please revisit the website or once on board the vessel to purchase an alternate tour. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we look forward to welcoming you aboard the Allure of the Seas. Thank you

Still not happy with the excursions on the RCCL site much less the prices. Since we are traveling as a group of 5, we pretty much decided to stick with what we have booked already and just explore on our own.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

One good change I saw in Jamaica was the substitution of Rosehall for Great Hope on the zipline. I have read that Rosehall is a much better zipline adventure.

We did the Chukka Zipline at Rosehall last November. LOVED IT! It was WAY more for the $$ than I expected. Have fun!

• 3 months later...
[quote name='motherof'](Carousal tour on St Marteen) Please post your experience. Our cruise isn't until February, and I'd love to know how long the ride is, and if it is worth it. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hope you see this before you leave. We ended up taking the bus to Carousel after going to Maho. (Super easy to do, we requested to be dropped off right in front and flagged down our return bus in at the same spot.) It's a relatively small ride, but it was a fun little stop. We got there right as it opened (2pm) and our little guy got a private ride. I'd say it lasted about 3 minutes. They would have probably let it go longer since there was no one else waiting, but he is pretty young and started to get a little scared. If it isn't out of your way (like if you are going to Mullet Bay or Maho), I'd say it's worth a stop. But if you are going the opposite way to Marigot or something, I wouldn't make a special trip.