Family split 2 cabins--1 platinum, check-in ?

stacieps

I know this is being discussed a lot lately - but I haven't seen my question addressed, so here goes.

I'm platinum. We're booked on the Breeze in February. Me and DD in 1 room, DH, DS and DS friend in another. I plan on using 1 credit card for all (have added it to the online check-in already). I know that because there is an adult in the 2nd room, they will not board with me and DD thru the VIP line. So the question I have is: Will we physically need the credit card at check-in? I will have the card with me at the VIP section, and am wondering if I will have to physically get it to DH after I've checked in.

I know this is being discussed a lot lately - but I haven't seen my question addressed, so here goes.

I'm platinum. We're booked on the Breeze in February. Me and DD in 1 room, DH, DS and DS friend in another. I plan on using 1 credit card for all (have added it to the online check-in already). I know that because there is an adult in the 2nd room, they will not board with me and DD thru the VIP line. So the question I have is: Will we physically need the credit card at check-in? I will have the card with me at the VIP section, and am wondering if I will have to physically get it to DH after I've checked in.

If you are all on the same credit card for you sail and sign card they can board with you in the VIP area.

My nephew, who is Platinum, paid for himself, his girlfriend (who were in one cabin) and her parents (who were in another cabin) all on his Visa Card... They left from the Port of Miami on the Breeze and only my nephew and his girlfriend were allowed to board VIP. Her parents had to get on the regular line... The parents had no problem at check-in as they were told that the credit card was already on file as it was entered on FunPass...

If you are all on the same credit card for you sail and sign card they can board with you in the VIP area.

As Elaine 515 posted - I think they're cracking down on people trying to get onboard with a Platinum passenger by using the same credit card & once onboard going to guest service to change back to their own credit card. Too much abuse to the system.

We had the same situation back in 2009 in Long Beach. DD12 & I in one cabin, DH & DD14 in the other. All on the same card. I was the only platinum.

DD12 & I were able to check in at the VIP building, which is outside the Dome. DH & DD14 had to check in inside the Dome. Only advantage they were able to use was the VIP security line.

This has been eliminated. If they are eligible, it will show up on thier boarding passes as "Priority"

This is from their website. It hasn't been elimiated. It won't actually say Priority on their boarding passes. The Platinum member just needs to say "We are all on the same Sign & Sail". Just did this earlier this month.

Please Note:

· We offer Priority Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

· For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the Priority Check-In Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified guest.

My nephew, who is Platinum, paid for himself, his girlfriend (who were in one cabin) and her parents (who were in another cabin) all on his Visa Card... They left from the Port of Miami on the Breeze and only my nephew and his girlfriend were allowed to board VIP. Her parents had to get on the regular line... The parents had no problem at check-in as they were told that the credit card was already on file as it was entered on FunPass...

Were they all on the same credit card for their Sign & Sail cards too? Or just paid for by the nephew?

It's all about the onboard account. If they were all on the same sign & sail account, and the parents had to go to general check-in, I would have shown them where it says on the website that they are allowed to board together.

I am platinum and the 2 ladies in my cabin were able to go through the VIP check in with me...

The other 4 ladies had to go through the regular line...

We just waited on them after we got our sail & sign cards, maybe 5 minutes, so that we could all get our embarkation photo taken together...:D

This is from their website. It hasn't been elimiated. It won't actually say Priority on their boarding passes. The Platinum member just needs to say "We are all on the same Sign & Sail". Just did this earlier this month.

Please Note:

· We offer Priority Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

· For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the Priority Check-In Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified guest.

I would print that off of the Carnival page and take it with you. No way they can deny you.

It is not cheating if it states on their web site that it is ok.

I am platinum but checked in with my Gold parents at VIP. We were in same cabin and using parents credit card. They had to show it at check in.

When I got on board, I went to Guest Services to take myself off their credit card so I could use my own cash. I also arranged to have parents pay tips. Quick and easy.

I cannot believe you would really go off on your own and split up with your family just so you can stand in the VIP line.

If my wife did that she would probably wind up going alone...

It's not that she wants to split up - her room keys will BE in the VIP section, already waiting for her.

This is why I'm advocating making sure they are both on the same credit card for the sail & sign (as a family, I'd assume they'd be anyhow), so that the whole family can stay together.

Back in April, we cruised with friends on Liberty out of Miami. I was Platinum and was booked in a cabin with my friend. My DH was Gold and was booked in a cabin with friend's DH. (We did this for Past Guest rates.)

Since I was VIP, my roomie was allowed to board with me. Since my DH and I were using the same credit card, he was allowed to board with me. Port agents felt sorry for my friend's roomie and let him board with us. When we arrived in the President's Lounge, the port agent printed all four of our S&S cards right there.

Archived