Beverage Package Price Increase On Board

pmfm

Has anyone tried to upgrade their Classic Alch Beverage package after boarding? Has the price to upgrade actually gone up? Just curious,because we plan on upgrading and want to use OBC, but if it is more expensive on board, then we will do ahead:confused:

From postings on Roll Calls, the onboard upgrade price has already increased.

DEAR CELEBRITY: THIS WHOLE SITUATION IS JUST PLAIN RIDICULOUS!!

(1) Yes you can

(2) No you can't

(3) One person can

(4) Both persons must

(5) Upgrade ahead of sailing

(6) Wait to upgrade onboard

(7) It may cost more

(8) It may cost less

(9) This person said this....

(10) Another person said that.....

Auuughhhhhhhhhh!!! Doesn't Celebrity even REALIZE how poorly this is being handled?

I am sailing in two weeks. I am disgusted with this whole situation, and probably will not upgrade either of our packages. :(

Hi Julia,

I totally understand your frustration, and yes, we do receive conflicting information from time to time. It would be appreciated if Celebrity communicated more effectively with their call center staff. With that said, it's pretty clear that if you do not wish to pay the increase, my best advice is to purchase the upgrade in advance. Seems pretty clear to me anyway.

Update for all you Brits that are looking to upgrade your classic to premium package......

After reading the threads, went to upgrade for our 20th October Sailing and was told outright no by the lady on the phone, I kindly asked if I could be put through to enhancements and got to speak to Dorothy and within 5 mins had upgraded both myself and partner to the package at the $11.50 rate.

I was also asked if it was for just one or both of us. It is already showing on My Celebrity so has gone through.

Moral of the story, do not take the initial no for an answer.

Hi Carinthalas,

Thank you for posting. I tried to obtain information for our UK Guests, but had no luck. I trust your experience will help our UK friends.

For the person speculating that the bar staff will not know whether you paid for the classic package on land or onboard, they actually will. A package purchased in advance is pre-printed on your seapass. One purchased onboard will be a sticker.

I'm not saying I have definitive info that you will pay more to upgrade, but they do have the ability to know.

Hi Carinthalas,

Thank you for posting. I tried to obtain information for our UK Guests, but had no luck. I trust your experience will help our UK friends.

Andy

I have spoken with our TA today. She contacted Celebrity UK this morning and was told that they couldn't do the upgrade before the cruise. They did say that the UK upgrade price was $12 per head per day, which was what I was quoted in February. Quite how they get $12 is beyond me. They don't seem to know much about this rise and I am currently waiting for a response from one of the managers via the TA.

Gordon

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

For the person speculating that the bar staff will not know whether you paid for the classic package on land or onboard, they actually will. A package purchased in advance is pre-printed on your seapass. One purchased onboard will be a sticker.

I'm not saying I have definitive info that you will pay more to upgrade, but they do have the ability to know.

Agreed. This has been my experience as well.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network using Tapatalk Beta 4

Update for all you Brits that are looking to upgrade your classic to premium package......

After reading the threads, went to upgrade for our 20th October Sailing and was told outright no by the lady on the phone, I kindly asked if I could be put through to enhancements and got to speak to Dorothy and within 5 mins had upgraded both myself and partner to the package at the $11.50 rate.

I was also asked if it was for just one or both of us. It is already showing on My Celebrity so has gone through.

Moral of the story, do not take the initial no for an answer.

Thank you very much, I will be on the phone tomorrow to upgrade ours. :)

Below is email I received this evening

Many thanks for your email.

Yes the prices will be going up.

However should you wish to pre pay the upgrade cost of £106.26 per person.

Since there are a number of bookings in your name, I believe I have found

your booking reference. I have put on hold the upgrade for the two of you.

If you wish to proceed please can you call on 08444936207 and it can be

confirmed and paid for.

I hope this helps you with your pre cruise planning.

Kind Regards

confirmed and paid for.

Kind Regards

Another thank you, for supplying the phone number. :)

Just got off the phone with Celebrity, and we've managed to upgrade our (included) Classic package to Premium for £91.08 ea(for our 12 nighter)

I'm delighted that common sense has prevailed, and would recommend others not to give up, phone, be very polite, and mention that others on Cruise Critic from the UK have managed to do this. I mentioned the cruise enhancements dept, was put on hold, and then told very nicely that yes, that would be no problem at all.

Result :D

Lou

confirmed and paid for.

Kind Regards

Thankyou so much Ade for this number. I have phoned Celebrity 4 times today, speaking to different call centre staff and their supervisors with no joy. I will be ringing them first thing in the morning. Didn't know a holiday could cause so much stress!!!!! NB I haven't had a reply to my email I sent them.

Does anyone know if we upgrade now is the charge immediately put on a credit card or does it get added to amount due with final payment ?

Having done this, it is an immediate charge to your credit card. Prepayment. You have until 4 days before your cruise to make any amendments; i.e., cancel the package and receive a refund. Once on board, you cannot make any changes/cancellations to your beverage package purchase, according to the published rules.

I would urge everyone to contact them as the more they realise the more they might come ou with a standard process.

Tweet, email, Facebook and keep calling. My reply to the email when I finally managed to do it on the phone (the guy on the phone was determined you cannot do it until on board) was how disappointed I was with their customer service even before stepping on to their ship.

The funniest thing I have found today is my tweet saying they were not treating uk residents he same was liked by @celebrittycruises !!! And use the #celebdrink

Edited by ade99

I was just told be TWO customer service reps at Celebrity that it will not be MORE expensive to upgrade your promo drink package. That it will be a combined total of $11.50 per day per guest. I did not ask if we both have to upgrade. But that total is with the added gratuity. They said even if the prices are increased it won't cost more to upgrade. That the difference of the two will be the same.

And to whoever posted the Celebrity link, that is the price we've always paid onboard. And great that they are having a web special, but I was told this has nothing to do with upgrading the package from the promo.

Hi all,

Our drink package will slightly increase in price when purchased on board, compared to when purchased beforehand.

The new prices are reflected here: http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf

Additionally, you can call Cruise Enhancements at 1-800-722-5941 to add a drink package, or to upgrade an existing beverage package.

Hi all,

Our drink package will slightly increase in price when purchased on board, compared to when purchased beforehand.

The new prices are reflected here: http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/celebrity-cruises-beverage-packages-price-flyer.pdf

Additionally, you can call Cruise Enhancements at 1-800-722-5941 to add a drink package, or to upgrade an existing beverage package.

The big question is about upgrading.

If people have the Classic as part of one of your promotions what will be the charge to upgrade on board vs. upgrading pre-cruise?

The big question is about upgrading.

If people have the Classic as part of one of your promotions what will be the charge to upgrade on board vs. upgrading pre-cruise?

If you have a promotion that is giving you a free Classic Beverage package we encourage you to upgrade prior to your sailing as you will pay the increased difference on board. If you purchase beforehand, it will come out to $10 per person plus a 15% gratuity. If you upgrade on board, this comes to $15 per person plus a 15% gratuity.

If you have a promotion that is giving you a free Classic Beverage package we encourage you to upgrade prior to your sailing as you will pay the increased difference on board. If you purchase beforehand, it will come out to $10 per person plus a 15% gratuity. If you upgrade on board, this comes to $15 per person plus a 15% gratuity.

Has there also been a change in the term of the package. One used to be able to buy the remainder of the cruise as long as there were three days left. The current web site says that packages are only available for the total length of the cruise.

What is the policy?

One other question.....does this mean that if we find something stated on your web pages, then that is Celebrity's official policy? I ask because when on board, sometimes an individual with some power will decide that they have their own policy (e.g. dress code on formal night in Murano or Blu). Can we quote the web site as the official Celebrity policy?

I have talked with THREE people in your groups department today about this issue and all three have guaranteed me that it was not going to cost us more onboard. That the price difference between the two is the same. This is so frustrating.

I have talked with THREE people in your groups department today about this issue and all three have guaranteed me that it was not going to cost us more onboard. That the price difference between the two is the same. This is so frustrating.

Did you call the Enhancements Department as mentioned by Host Andy & Celebrity?

Edited by Christine Frances

Did you call the Enhancements Department as mentioned by Host Andy & Celebrity?

It should not matter who you call. If someone from Celebrity answers your question, you should be able to count on the answer as being correct.

No, the customer should NOT have to figure out who to call with a question. If they reach the wrong person, that celebrity employee should either say "I don't know" or connect you to the right department.

I think the communication breakdown here could actually be in the phrasing of the question. The price difference between the two is the same if you compare the prices in a similar fashion: the price difference between buying the Classic vs the Premium on LAND is $10 + 15% gratuity: the price difference between buying the Classic vs the Premium ON BOARD is $10 + 15% gratuity.

However, the price difference between buying the Classic on LAND and upgrading to the Premium ON BOARD is $15 + 15% gratuity.

It's been stated over and over and over again that Celebrity has decided on a price change and that they've implemented the price change. I just don't think you can fight this issue. Not saying that you might get "lucky," and end up hearing what you want to hear, but I'm not sure that hearing what you want to hear and actually being able to have that happen... I'm not sure that will be the same thing.

Anyone who isn't sailing soon, I don't think there's a mad rush to upgrade your beverage package (unless you believe as someone else mentioned that the prices could increase for LAND purchases). You could wait closer to your final payment date and upgrade the package at that time and effectively include the upgraded cost as a (close to, at least) part of your final payment.