Breakaway inside room with kids?

CruiseGal777

We've been on many cruises - all with children. Cabins are small no matter what line you choose. If an inside cabin is what your budget will allow - I'd definitely give it a try. Many people book only inside cabins - others will go in no less than an extended balcony or suite. Unless you try it - no one can really tell you how well you and your family will tolerate 4 in a cabin. We had an inside cabin several years ago - my husband and I shared with my DD and her Best friend - both 16 years old. Yes, it was crowded - but we just laughed at the situation instead of being frustrated.

We did a 14 day cruise (with 8 sea days) in an inside cabin with our family of four on Princess. (No sofa, pull down beds) It was crowded, but we had a great time regardless. Hey, we were on a cruise! I swear by the over-the-door shoe holder for organization with four in a small cabin.

We also have done an inside with four on more than one cruise. DD has taken a friend with her 3 times (Oh and I must mention that they were 14 the first time). It must not have been too bad as she took the same friend all 3 times, and they are still friends;);).

We definitely used the over the door shoe hanger. It really helps to keep things organized and neat. I am by NO MEANS a neat freak at home, but it helps when there are 4 in a tight space to keep things put away. We also were creative when dressing for dinner. DH and I showered and dressed first. Girls had a time to be back at the cabin. We'd go have a drink in a lounge while they dressed. They'd meet us at the assigned time in the lounge and we'd go to dinner.

If you do 4 in any room, know where the nearest public rest room is just in case.:o

We just got back from a cruise 2wks ago with our 18.5mo and they had a mattress pad under the bed for their "5th person" that they pulled out and put on the floor under one of the pullman beds. (Both pullmans stayed up the entire time) I am not sure how big or thick the pullman mattresses are, but I am sure both could fit on the floor. I would think if the child is sleeping in a toddler bed s/he may be ok, but if still in a crib, I'd put them on the floor. If older, they'll be fine in the pullman.

As for being crowded, it was a little tight, but for the savings you make it work.

We have done 2 cruises with 4 people in an inside cabin, and have a 3rd one booked (on the Breakaway). The fold down beds are fine...the 2 twins are put in the middle of the room to make a queen then the beds on the sides. We just have to stagger showers ....and I agree with the poster who said to know where the nearest public bathroom is!

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

Archived