That one "Smart Casual" night

I just was re-checking the dress codes online on Royal Caribbean's web sight and noticed that one smart casual night.

I don't recall seeing it before, and wondering what most of the men where on that night. I have some friends who are flying and I think the gentlemen are bringing suits for formal night, but were not planning on bringing a second sports coat.

Any suggestions?

I just was re-checking the dress codes online on Royal Caribbean's web sight and noticed that one smart casual night.

I don't recall seeing it before, and wondering what most of the men where on that night. I have some friends who are flying and I think the gentlemen are bringing suits for formal night, but were not planning on bringing a second sports coat.

Any suggestions?

You won't notice a difference in dress from smart casual to casual in the MDR. I don't think many cruiser make that distinction. You'll probably see khaki's and polos all week with fewer on formal night.

Smart Casual nights are usually observed on European itineraries. It has been a while since we have seen one on anything else, like Alaska or Caribbean. But to answer your question, SC nights are often the same as casual, maybe one step up - some men wear a sport coat but many do not. It's not something I would worry about as you might not even have one on your cruise.

It seems the first formal night the people that want to dress up really are dressed formally.

On the second formal night it seems to be toned down a little.

This past July we did just that.

Now next July DH is renting another tux, and Me and DD are going all out on formal wear.....its just us.

Sea ya

Archived