Fleet week road closures - 7th October

Will the road to the Overseas passenger Terminal be closed for the 7th October? I have viewed a map and looks like road is closed? How can we access the drop and go area? My elderly 70year old Mother has limited mobility. Why havent Carnival issued a statement about roads and closures for cruise passengers? Does anyone have information?

Thanks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Will the road to the Overseas passenger Terminal be closed for the 7th October? I have viewed a map and looks like road is closed? How can we access the drop and go area? My elderly 70year old Mother has limited mobility. Why havent Carnival issued a statement about roads and closures for cruise passengers? Does anyone have information?

Thanks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The road closure map can be a little confusing however George St North will not be closed on Monday October 7, the map shows that it will only be a clearway which will still allow access to the Cruise Terminal.

No road closures on the Sunday. There is only clearaway zones for that area. http://www.fleetreviewtransport.info/ Clearaways are no parking you can drive down the road but not stop and park.

I have a 'mental picture' of a taxi driving Miss Kitty and her 70-year-old Mum past the OPT and slowing down while they jump out, luggage in hand.:D:D

I realise KarateMan would have meant that vehicles cannot park, he probably didn't mean they couldn't stop at all. There would have to be provision for vehicles to stop for a couple of minutes while people get out with their baggage.

I realise KarateMan would have meant that vehicles cannot park, he probably didn't mean they couldn't stop at all. There would have to be provision for vehicles to stop for a couple of minutes while people get out with their baggage.

When it's a clearway you can't stop.

You have to stop further on, or in another street or parking lot.

When it's a clearway you can't stop.

You have to stop further on, or in another street or parking lot.

The drop off area at the Overseas Passenger Terminal is in the street called Circular Quay West & will not have any restrictions other than the normal 'Stop to pick up & drop off only' restrictions on October 7.

The drop off area at the Overseas Passenger Terminal is in the street called Circular Quay West & will not have any restrictions other than the normal 'Stop to pick up & drop off only' restrictions on October 7.

That's the side street after the clearway area around George St.

Archived