Wine and Dine Question

tlowing

I have a few questions about the "Wine and Dine" package for our November trip on Freedom of the Seas.

1) If two adults are in a cabin, can they share a package or do they both have to pay the fee like the other drink packages?

2) How limiting is the package? The form says you can have your wine " in the dining room, specialty restaurants, and the Windjammer". We will probably look for the closest thing to a casual pub on the ship and hang there.

Thanks

I have a few questions about the "Wine and Dine" package for our November trip on Freedom of the Seas.

1) If two adults are in a cabin, can they share a package or do they both have to pay the fee like the other drink packages?

2) How limiting is the package? The form says you can have your wine " in the dining room, specialty restaurants, and the Windjammer". We will probably look for the closest thing to a casual pub on the ship and hang there.

Thanks

Since the wine package is for a specific number of bottles (not unlimited), there is no restriction on sharing.

The wines from the package can be requested in the dining room or specialty restaurants. You can get one or more of your bottles and take them anywhere on the ship. You may find that you can get your bottles in a bar, but I would not count on that. If you want flexibility, ask for all your bottles on the first night in the MDR, and store them in your stateroom. Then you can take then wherever you want. There are no corkage fees on bottles of wine purchased from Royal.

Just to add to what Bob said, we've tried to access our wine packages in bars several times, never with success. We sometimes have the waiter pour us a glass "to go" and we just walk into the bar with the full glass. You can also take a bottle back to your room and help yourself as needed.

We have also (I'm guessing this is frowned upon) taken the full bottle from the dining room to the bar. No one has ever said anything. I guess as long as you purchased it on the ship, they don't much care.

We have also (I'm guessing this is frowned upon) taken the full bottle from the dining room to the bar. No one has ever said anything. I guess as long as you purchased it on the ship, they don't much care.

We've done this, too. It wasn't an issue for us. The bartender at the Schooner Bar was even able to put our bottle of chardonnay that we had brought from the dining room in the refrigerator to keep it chilled until we came back later to finish it.

You should look into the Premium Beverage Package. If you average out the cost at $8 a drink it works out well. This is unlimited.

Unfortunately, the wines are very limited in the unlimited drink packages.

I am thinking you are mixing two different things here. Buying a number of bottles of wine is different than the unlimited drinks package.

Yes, you can share a wine package - one person can buy it for your cabin. You get a slightly better per bottle price on the larger packages.

When you buy the Wine & Dine package, you choose how many bottles of wine you want - 5, 7, 10, etc. - and pay the price of the package for that number of bottles of wine. On your first night in the MDR, your waiter will put a sticker on your Sea Pass to show your wine package. Then each night in the MDR you'll be given a wine list to choose your wines from. As you order wine, the waiter enters your order into the computer and they keep track of the number of bottles you have left in your package. You can take partial bottles or full bottles from your package back to your cabin, or wherever you want, after dinner. You can also leave a partial bottle in the MDR and your waiter will keep it for you until you're ready to finish it.

You can take wine with you to a bar if you want. We've done this before at the end of a cruise when we still had some wine left. Once we took a half bottle of wine and glasses to a show. We've also packed a full bottle home with us a time or two when we didn't manage to drink all our wine.

You have to check with the cruise line. We are leaving Monday on Royal Caribbean. Our price for 4 days is $220.00pp each person in the cabin must get a package. I went with the premium at $220.00 non premium is $180pp. You can not order a bottle of wine only by the glass. Check with your cruise line or your travel agent and they should be able to help.

Last year we spent at least $250-$300 each on liquor. Remember most drinks are $8.00 plus gratuity. On RCCL the grat is included in the $220.00 that alone is a huge savings.

You have to check with the cruise line. We are leaving Monday on Royal Caribbean. Our price for 4 days is $220.00pp each person in the cabin must get a package. I went with the premium at $220.00 non premium is $180pp. You can not order a bottle of wine only by the glass....

Again, folks are mixing up two DIFFERENT programs.

1 is unlimited, one is not. Totally different rules for each.

Archived