Another Miami Hotel Question

KAWS

Let me start with this: I have done my research, but now I'm really stuck.

We have it narrowed down to Doubletree (Biscayne Bay), Intercontinental and Hampton Inns. We will be there mid March next year.

We are staying from Wed till Saturday, when we sail. If it was just one night I wouldn't be as concerned. We will not have a car.

I think any of these would be a nice hotel to stay in, but can someone tell me which of these three would be the best choice for location? I know we will want to be able to pick up some snacks and liquor instead of bringing it. I also would like to be in an area that we can find food for dinner that isn't pricey. Maybe something to do on one of those days that we are there.

I hope I've provided enough info for someone to help me. I've never been to Miami so this is tough. I've asked on other threads for info, and that's helped me narrow it down, but now I'm truly at a standstill. Thanks in advance.

Are all three of these downtown? Geesh I thought Biscayne Bay or Brickell was the place I should be. :eek: Why not in the areas that these hotels are in? Wouldn't there be more to do in the downtown? I'm more of a pool gal, than a beach babe.

Our budget is as close to $250-260 as we can get. I went on Trip Advisor and it told me Hampton was #1 in Miami, but then people always say Intercontinental is the best, and then I can't remember how I found Doubletree but it sounded good too. :confused: After this trip, I'll know better how to choose. Give me Ft. Lauderdale and I could tell you in an instant! But this is so baffling to me. There's too many areas to choose from!

We are staying at Doubletree for 2 nights. Have talked to people that say they have a great pool area. There is a Publix grocery store only a couple blocks away. I know there are a bunch of restaurants in the hotel area, but not sure how inexpensive they are.

I am like you, not sure where to stay in Miami. We have always cruised out of FLL. I just took the word of others who have stayed there before.

Claudia

Kaws, I agree with JohninDC. All the hotels are fine.

There is no right or wrong on this.

I stay about a week in Miami and we are not beach people and we prefer downtown Miami because we find the areas to be quieter than say South Beach. But, some staying for that long would rather be at the beach. I always say if we all thought the same way there would not be as much variety as we have.

Since you will have the car any of those three will be fine because you can walk to some places and drive to others.

Keith

No Keith, we won't have a car. We are not huge beach people (rather lay around a pool) and I don't want really noisy either. It will still be March Break time for some people. And for that reason I think we'll stick with one of these. Maybe I'll check rates and let that be a determining factor, if all else is equal.

No Keith, we won't have a car. We are not huge beach people (rather lay around a pool) and I don't want really noisy either. It will still be March Break time for some people. And for that reason I think we'll stick with one of these. Maybe I'll check rates and let that be a determining factor, if all else is equal.

I misinterpreted the no car.

I think any of these hotels will be fine.

We stay downtown for six or seven days and never had a car and it's not big deal.

Downtown is far quieter than say South Beach.

Keith

The Doubletree has a wonderful pool! :cool:

Archived