New to Celebrity, cabin question

sonnenstrahl

We made up our mind and we will go the first time on Celebrity.

We love Princess but we like the 12 night Istanbul Cruise too much, so we try!

We on a budget and don't now is, 2 B, cabin 7118 to 7130 a good place to be?

Maybe the 07, cabin 8104, is better, (yes I know it is ocean view only) it would save us, $ 300

Please help, :confused:

Thank you :)

When are you going? If budget is a concern (and when is it not?) I would book the ocean view, save the $300 (is this pp or for two?) and keep checking for price drops. On the other hand, it is wonderful to have a balcony and if the $300 is for two it is only $150 each more. Only you can decide. The cabins you have mentioned are all toward the front of the ship and you will have a long walk, esp from 8104 (good for working off the pounds) to go anywhere. You will also be subject to more motion, but that may not bother you. The Equinox is a beautiful ship and I'm sure whatever cabin you choose, you will have a good time.

We've been in 7118 on the Solstice and thought it was great. You might want to try and get closer to 7130 but not a big deal.

We didn't find the walk bad and booked a similar cabin this year on the Silhouette. The location is convenient if you like to use the gym or eat at the Aqua Spa Cafe. You can check out specific cabin reports if you go to the S-Class cabin sticky.

For the extra $150 per person (about $11 per day) it's probably worth it to go with the verandah but to each their own. As others have said, after you book keep an eye on the pricing as it is bound to change and hopefully in your favour.

I was in 7119 on the Equinox for the Aug 21 sailing of the western Mediterranean. (opposite side of the ship)

It's a perfectly acceptable room. There is a security camera on the helm wing outside your balcony, and you'll sometimes see a helmsman looking out the rear facing wing window when reversing in port. I assume this would be the same on the other side.

There is a smoking deck on 5, on the port side, below you, so you will catch an occasional whiff of cigarettes, but it's aft of your balcony, so when the ship is moving, you won't smell anything.

If your cruise is doing a clockwise circuit, then the land, if visible, will be on the port side, and you'll have a great view from an odd numbered cabin. Counter-clockwise, select an even numbered cabin.

Archived