want a cruise Sydney to LA, SF San Diego or similar

t60

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a suggestion please. I can find cruises from NW USA to Sydney Via pacific islands but not the other way round.

Because of our ages and jet lag, we want to fly out to Sydney or perhaps even New Zealand and cruise back to USA, so then we just have a shorter flight back to Europe. I´ve looked at lots of adverts but can´t find anything so I´m hoping all you knowledgable people can come up with some ideas. We´re thinking 2014 or2015

Sandy in Spain

Those cruises happen around April of each year. You may find ones like on Celebrity Solstice and RCI's Radiance of the Seas go to Honolulu and then straight to the mainland, so you would need to book a b2b to go from Sydney to the mainland.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a suggestion please. I can find cruises from NW USA to Sydney Via pacific islands but not the other way round.

Because of our ages and jet lag, we want to fly out to Sydney or perhaps even New Zealand and cruise back to USA, so then we just have a shorter flight back to Europe. I´ve looked at lots of adverts but can´t find anything so I´m hoping all you knowledgable people can come up with some ideas. We´re thinking 2014 or2015

Sandy in Spain

I think your best bet is to sit down with a professional travel agent and see if there are any specific itineraries they would suggest. I have done a few preliminary searches but am unable to come up with anything suitable.

There is no charge whether you book with an agent or not, let them do the leg work for you and then choose what works best. You might try searching for a cruise broker through Google as well.

Jonathan

You have to look for the ships that are cruising Oz for their summer season, then reposition to the US/Alaska for our summer season. Go to Cruisetimetables.com and put in Sydney as your departure port, using the late fall months. For instance, using April as my choice, I found Radiance of the Seas and Celebrity Solstice sailing from Sydney to Honolulu. Also Rhapsody of the Seas. Guarantee their next leg will be to Vancouver. Oosterdam is sailing from Sydney to Seattle/Vancouver. Dawn Princess is starting a World cruise in May, and would get you beck to Southampton without seeing the islands or US, but 55 days is probably more time and money than you want to spend. EM

Thanks everyone, sitting down with a travel agent in Spain is not the same as in USA or UK, they´re not so informed. I might try an online travel agent tho´.

Essie´s mom..did Dawn Princess earlier , wouldn´t go again. Looked at cruise timetables earlier, but didn´t go into 2015 at the time.

Will look at Radience and Solstice. Thanks

I thought there might be some obscure cruise lines we hadn´t thought about

Sandy in Spain

Some of the luxury lines don't have their schedules out that far.

I like the looks of the Papeete to NYC cruise on Oceania's Marina. It leaves March 25, 2015. They include airfare and a lot of other hidden costs, like gratuities and wifi. Very reasonable pricing for a 43 day cruise on an all inclusive. Great itinerary too. After NYC, it goes to Montreal and the one after that goes Montreal to London. :)

Hi everyone,

Sandy in Spain

The second half of the Holland American World Cruise seems to meet your requirements.

It leaves Sidney on Feb. 12, 2014 and arrives back in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on April 28, 2014. It goes westbound so includes New Guinea, Philippines, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Seychelles, S. Africa and a number of other ports.

Flying back to Europe from Florida would seem easier than from the US west coast.

Holland America also has a World cruise in 2015 that would leave Sidney at approximately the same time of year but which goes throught the Med rather around the bottom of Africa. With this one, you might get off in Spain for a short flight home.

Hope this helps.

Scott & Karen

Archived