Rhapsody of the seas arriving in Sydney tomorrow

Some good shots of Rhapsody on the TV coverage of Prince Harry's visit for the Navy review. Passengers aft starboard on Rhapsody would have got a good view of Harry's meet & greet with the crowd in Campbell Cove.

And maybe a good view of his AFT..........

There are three charter cruises lasting 7 days each then it's back to normal for the Rhapsody.

Elaine.

The 3rd one is actually 9 nights and has Jimmy Barnes on it:D. I so wanted to do that one and the one before it but charter cruises are way too expensive.

A Facebook friend of mine (he used to be guitarist for my fav Aust country music singer, Adam Brand) is on all 3 of them!!!

Karen,

From what I could see, because the OPT was closed because of Harry, there wasn't many people on the cruise! One muster station looked empty!

I saw a deal for next Saturday for around $1000 inside. I thought that was a bargain for a charter cruise! That was a few weeks ago though.

I just had a look. There isn't a Country cruise next year!!:eek:

I saw ROS pulling away very shortly after Harry got off his launch at Kirribilli House to have arvo tea with Tony Abbott and family. Difficult exit from the harbour what with the many craft of all sozes.

Just had another text message from the office. Verified it will be Alfred Street (NOT ARTHUR)for luggage drop off but only if roads are closed

For debarking Pax: Express walk off (self carry) will start at 5:30 and first tagged luggage approx 6:15am and last at about 8:30 am

For Embarking Pax must be checked in by 2:30pm and hopefully check in will start about 10:00am

You give some good intelligence reports mate, well done. Keep up the good work down there at the OPT.

Karen,

From what I could see, because the OPT was closed because of Harry, there wasn't many people on the cruise! One muster station looked empty!

I saw a deal for next Saturday for around $1000 inside. I thought that was a bargain for a charter cruise! That was a few weeks ago though.

I just had a look. There isn't a Country cruise next year!!:eek:

The OPT was not closed for Harry at all and that would have had no bearing on how many pax were booked. There were nearly two thousand pax which is pretty good considering it was a charter and the pricing as someone mentioned were a little dearer than normal.

There isn't a Country cruise next year!!:eek:

http://cruisincountry.com.au/2014/

We went on Cruisin Country 1 & 2. We are missing #3 this year, as we have another cruise this month. Number 5 is scheduled already for 2015. A lot of people who went on the 1st one are planning on the 5th anniversary one :D

These charters have been very popular, even as you say, they are more expensive compared to a regular cruise. Top line entertainment 12 hours a day, unprecedented access to all the artists, open mike sessions etc etc plus all the regular cruise stuff makes for a great time.

Keepin' it country.

Happy cruising.

We went on Cruisin Country 1 & 2. We are missing #3 this year, as we have another cruise this month. Number 5 is scheduled already for 2015. A lot of people who went on the 1st one are planning on the 5th anniversary one :D

These charters have been very popular, even as you say, they are more expensive compared to a regular cruise. Top line entertainment 12 hours a day, unprecedented access to all the artists, open mike sessions etc etc plus all the regular cruise stuff makes for a great time.

Keepin' it country.

Happy cruising.

I was just about to post that link :)

I REALLY want to do one of these. Waiting for Adam Brand to do one:)

Keepin' it country.

Happy cruising.

As far as I remember, there was actually one in 2010 as well but was run by a different company and not called "Cruisin Country".

Watched the Rhapsody depart yesterday. The Navy daughter managed to get the husband and I tickets for the Hickson Road Reserve to watch the fireworks and laser show.

I also thought that there weren't many passengers on her when the muster drill was going on. I could hear the CD, Graham Seymour's voice and I wanted to jump right back on.

I'm still swaying a lot and I have to go back to work tonight. Wish me luck:)

Elaine.

The OPT was not closed for Harry at all and that would have had no bearing on how many pax were booked. There were nearly two thousand pax which is pretty good considering it was a charter and the pricing as someone mentioned were a little dearer than normal.

They closed the observation deck on level 4 and reopened once he left. Well that appeared to be what happened because as soon as his empty motorcade came past, they removed the barricades.

What a send off the Rhapsody got yesterday plus the air show!:)

Just checked their website and apparently the three chartered cruises this year are all sold out. Next year there is one on the Radiance with Broadway and a more classical theme. Might consider this one as a one off with top entertainers.

They closed the observation deck on level 4 and reopened once he left. Well that appeared to be what happened because as soon as his empty motorcade came past, they removed the barricades.

What a send off the Rhapsody got yesterday plus the air show!:)

It may well have been.............unfortunately I was inside the OPT checking in all those lucky buggers going on the cruise so we did not see much at all:p:mad:

Archived