Port to Airport

rhinomike

Just read down the board. Allilaguna, vaparetto, land taxi, boat taxi...all mentioned here.

Ok. Thank you. I would like to have something set up in advance. Maybe a car or limo and have someone waiting for us as we exit the ship.

Water taxi will cost about €100. But it is just you and your luggage. We did it (5 of us) from the airport to our hotel near St Marks. We also took one from our hotel to the ship. Are there less expensive ways? Definitely. But we thought it was worth it and a lot of fun. I am not sure where the rental car locations are so I am not sure how convenient it is for you.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were faced with the same situation 2 weeks ago and had a great deal of difficulty in finding a transfer from the cruise port to Marco Polo Airport and finally ended up booking with Airport Transfers Direct. There was 7 of from our roll call last week who were going to use the transfer and you are always a bit nervous. However, they reconfirmed the reservation by email a few days before we arrived in Venice, the driver and his Mercedes Sprinter arrived a full 5 minutes before the appointed time and the 25 minute transfer was completely seamless. The cost for the 7 of us was 65e. We would certainly use them again. www.airport-transfers-direct.com

I would not use a water taxi from the cruise port unless you're looking at it as an adventure ... it's much faster and more efficient to travel by land between these two points in Venice.

You might consider going by yourself to the airport and returning with the vehicle to pick up the rest of your party and the luggage. This way you could travel easily (and inexpensively) by bus: http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&area=23&menuid=35

Archived