Labadee - no more upgraded buffet?

nbsjcruiser

When you sail, please come back and post about the condition of the beaches as you enter the water at Nellies and also Barefoot...........

Some posters have stated that it has returned to a broken shells, and water shoes are recommended again.

Thanks

Enjoy your cruise

Sea Ya

I can report in a few weeks. Hillside cabana this time.

When you sail, please come back and post about the condition of the beaches as you enter the water at Nellies and also Barefoot. Some posters have stated that it has returned to a broken shells, and water shoes are recommended again.

We were on Barefoot Beach in November and there were a ton of shells and small rocks. I went back to the cabana to get my water shoes because it was tough going in without them since there is a slope as you enter. A small part of the water entry was sandier, but most of it was shelly and rocky.

DSCN5910_zpsc4a4b596.jpg

I was in Labadee on February 21. No problem getting the wristbands once we found the correct place to check in. We went to the buffet shortly after they started serving. The line wasn't bad, and there was plenty of food at that time. The upgraded food included some wonderful shrimp skewers and some enormous pieces of grilled steak -- my husband and I split one of those. The other options were the same as the other buffets.

Water shoes are recommended if you are going into the water. It was rocky, though clear and warm. I can't speak to the beach, as I was not barefoot there. My daughter did not use her shoes in the water, and ended up cutting her toe toward the end of our stay. Her friend was stung by something in the water at the same time. First aid was called, arrived promptly, and both were treated with no lasting ill-effects.

The attendant gave us four floating mats, and left them draped over the stair railing, a few feet up from the water. When I returned from changing my suit while my husband napped, two of the mats had disappeared. While I watched, a boy was trying to remove a third mat under the eye of his mother. I stopped that one, and moved the mats up higher. There was even an incident of a young woman trying to take my mat as soon as I got off of it. :eek: So I recommend keeping a sharp eye on your mats, and keeping them in the cabana when not in use.

Overall, it was a lovely day. The overwater cabana really added to our enjoyment.

We were just at Labadee last week. We purchased the Nellies cabana in December, and we were given gold wristbands, which gave us access to the Barefoot buffet. It's the location that's great -not really anything special about the food.

We saw our cabana neighbours there too - from Nellies.

I talked to the cabana supervisor for a bit, and he said he has the flexibility to issue the gold wristbands to Nellies cabana renters. I didn't ask many more questions.

• 9 months later...

Hi!

Any updates on the Labadee Buffets? Upgrades, no upgrades, perks, no perks?

Heading there in a week and wondering if I should approach the concierge on Sunday (I'm in a suite - or just let hang out on Columbus Beach - I really hate the the regular BBQ lunch :( !)

Thanks in advance for your help! - Miriam

[quote name='Clancy14']Hi!

Any updates on the Labadee Buffets? Upgrades, no upgrades, perks, no perks?

Heading there in a week and wondering if I should approach the concierge on Sunday (I'm in a suite - or just let hang out on Columbus Beach - I really hate the the regular BBQ lunch :( !)

Thanks in advance for your help! - Miriam[/QUOTE]

If you are in a full suite (GS or above) you don't need to reserve a cabana in order to enjoy the upgraded buffet.

Passengers in full suites are allowed admittance to Barefoot Beach...where it is served. :)