Labadee - no more upgraded buffet?

nbsjcruiser

I get it that its a business, but maybe they need to think about what is going to happen before they offer such things instead of just waiting to see what happens. In the great scheme of things its not going to matter a bit to the company but I would imagine they may get tired of hearing from cruise critic members wouldn't you? :p

Maybe they should start by considering their decision to put two ships in Labadee on many days and turing Gilligans Island into Coney Island.

We (meaning all of us here) just found out about the change because of Cruise Critic.

What about all of the people who have booked cabanas who aren't members? ....they will find out about the change when they're on Labadee and pretty much have their day soured.

Is RCCL ever going to notify people that this will affect. Probably not.

I do feel, again, like a 2nd class citizen since I'm not a suite guest. However, to a certain extent I do understand the decision. But Nellie's beach cabanas cost just as much as BFB cabanas and therefore we deserve some consideration as well! Maybe they should consider creating a new area, closer to the Nellie's Cabanas, so that those guests have the convenience of not walking great distances for lunch. I wrote a letter to Mr. Goldstein and asked if the price was going to be decreased accordingly since the amenities have been decreased.

Thank you for the updates. I booked my cabana for Feb. 2014 and will be bringing my booking confirmation and email confirmation so that we will be able to use BFB buffet area.

That's my big question... are they lowering the price of the Nellie's Cabanas?

I do feel, again, like a 2nd class citizen since I'm not a suite guest. However, to a certain extent I do understand the decision. But Nellie's beach cabanas cost just as much as BFB cabanas and therefore we deserve some consideration as well! Maybe they should consider creating a new area, closer to the Nellie's Cabanas, so that those guests have the convenience of not walking great distances for lunch. I wrote a letter to Mr. Goldstein and asked if the price was going to be decreased accordingly since the amenities have been decreased.

Thank you for the updates. I booked my cabana for Feb. 2014 and will be bringing my booking confirmation and email confirmation so that we will be able to use BFB buffet area.

I don't think they will unless supply exceeds the demand. If the upgraded buffet was important and people stop booking them, they will have to lower the price.

I don't think they will unless supply exceeds the demand. If the upgraded buffet was important and people stop booking them, they will have to lower the price.

It's not so much the upgraded buffet that's an issue for me, however it WAS nice. It's more about having very long lines and distances to walk to get to it.

Doubtful, there are too many people who are new to cruising or have always wanted to try a cabana that will book them anyway. Most totally unaware that there has been a change.

I am wondering why they don't just set up an additional buffet for Nellie's Beach? Wouldn't that solve the whole problem???? We are given a wrist band, right? (Maybe I made that up?????) Anyway set up an area and make it for Nellie's beach, and just skip the whole controversy.

Edited by Lynne95

Went ahead and cancelled our cabana for Nov 5. Not just because of this change, but that was part of it as I don't believe they will honor the buffet as it's too hard to manage. My honda pilot had the alternator go today and I just decided the $225 is better used towards that.

I am wondering why they don't just set up an additional buffet for Nellie's Beach? Wouldn't that solve the whole problem???? We are given a wrist band, right? (Maybe I made that up?????) Anyway set up an area and make it for Nellie's beach, and just skip the whole controversy.

That sure would solve it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubtful, there are too many people who are new to cruising or have always wanted to try a cabana that will book them anyway. Most totally unaware that there has been a change.

Especially with RCI doubling up on ships into Labadee, there will be plenty of demand for the available supply.

Also wrote to express my displeasure in the lost amenities based on our previous cabana rental and rec'd the following reply after 4 days:

Greetings from Miami,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your cabana rental at Nellie's beach.

We have made one change to the cabana amenities at Nellie's beach. The upgraded buffet to Barefoot beach is no longer available, however the other dining options remain available, as well as the traditional amenities associated with the cabanas.

Guests who reserved their cabana on or before October 4, 2013 will not be affected by this change. Guests who reserved their cabana after October 4, 2013 will experience the new dining modification.

If you have any questions concerning your reservations, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you and have a great day.

So this time I'll be sure and bring my confirmation with the transaction date and once again enjoy what I had paid for. Next time I'll have the choice of what I'm getting versus what I'm paying.

Skip

Also wrote to express my displeasure in the lost amenities based on our previous cabana rental and rec'd the following reply after 4 days:

Greetings from Miami,

We have made one change to the cabana amenities at Nellie's beach. The upgraded buffet to Barefoot beach is no longer available, however the other dining options remain available, as well as the traditional amenities associated with the cabanas.

Guests who reserved their cabana on or before October 4, 2013 will not be affected by this change. Guests who reserved their cabana after October 4, 2013 will experience the new dining modification.

If you have any questions concerning your reservations, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

So this time I'll be sure and bring my confirmation with the transaction date and once again enjoy what I had paid for. Next time I'll have the choice of what I'm getting versus what I'm paying.

Skip

received the same reply today after 4 days. interesting wording no?:rolleyes:

Greetings from Miami,

Skip

I got the exact same email from shorex this morning, but as I said, we already cancelled. We've had a cabana 3 times so plan to check other stuff out.

Greetings from Miami,

Skip

Finally got this same reply this morning from Shorex.

Also had another phone call from RCI assuring me that they have a handle on making sure we will receive what we paid for. Said the wristbands will be given out on the ship. Told me they will call again if there are any more changes.

On or about 1:15Pm Eastern I received a voicemail from a lady at RCI executive office referencing my email to Adam Goldstein about the Nellie’s Beach Cabana I reserved. She basically said she was following up on my request for clarification and confirmation and in so doing will also send an email.

Below is the email I received this afternoon similar to those above.

------------------------------

Greetings from Miami,

Deborah Forbes-Grant| Coordinator, Global Tour Operations

fax: 305-539-4131| email: shorex@rccl.com

Azamara Club Cruises | Celebrity Cruises | Royal Caribbean International

----------------------------------------

Thank you to all of you that shared the email addresses to get a resolution from RCI. To Dan, MS52 and others on the boards, great information sharing and team work.

I just received a second email and shortly after a lady called. She was very nice and pleasant and wanted to make sure I received the emails and thanked me for our loyalty to RCI.

Below is part of the new email.

----------------------

Thank you for contacting the executive offices of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. Your correspondence to Mr. Goldstein was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcome this opportunity to respond on his behalf.

I am sending this response as I was unable to reach you via telephone earlier as planned. We appreciate your comments regarding the amenities associated with the cabana rentals in Labadee and apologize for your displeasure with the lack of response conveyed.

Please understand the upgraded barbeque buffet, offered on Barefoot Beach, one of Labadee’s beaches exclusively reserved to suite guests, was also made available to cabana guests from other Labadee beaches, and generated unexpected crowding as a result. In order to maintain a premium beach experience, Royal Caribbean will start enforcing the exclusive access of Barefoot Beach to top suite guests only.

Please note that guests who have purchased a private cabana on Nellie’s Beach will still have exclusive use of their cabana for the day. Other cabana amenities include a built-in ceiling fan, luxury resort-style lounge chairs, two floating mats, beach towels, a water cooler with six bottles of water and a personal cabana attendant. Guests in these cabanas are invited to join the beach barbeque buffet at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon’s Café and Café Labadee. Guests who have already purchased private cabanas at Nellie’s Beach prior to October 4, 2013 will still be able to access Barefoot Beach’s upgraded beach barbeque buffet.

We have identified all the guests who will be granted access to the upgraded barbeque buffet on Barefoot beach, will notify all the pertinent ships for each voyage and wristbands will be distributed to the guests onboard.

We truly hope our guests will enjoy a memorable day during their call at Labadee, one of Royal Caribbean’s highest-rated Caribbean destinations and private beach paradise located on the northern coast of Haiti. The destination features five beaches, a Haitian artisan market, an extensive array of watersports options, as well as exciting attractions such as the 2,600-foot Dragon’s Breath Flight Line, the world’s longest zip line over water, the 300-foot Dragon’s Splash Waterslide, and the Dragon’s Tail Alpine Coaster.

----------------------

I booked a cabana montbs ago so presumably will receive the wristband.. but wonder if my in-laws who we are sharing it with will get one too?

I think the wording about the wristbands is a little off . . . what actually happens is you all meet on the pier and the concierge has a list of everyone booked in a cabana - both Nellie's and BB. She/he then co-ordinates with the staff at the entrance to hand out the wristbands there. If your group is all together, shouldn't be a problem. If you have stragglers, you can let them know they will be showing up later.

I found the above line in red a bit humorous. Yes we took away the upgraded buffet but we have not cut you off from the other feeding stations where we feed the rest of the masses with no cabanas.

I received a call today as well. I asked why they decided to do this and was told they were getting complaints that it was getting too crowded. I was also told that it was meant for suite guests and that they want to give a them a good experience. I was told that I would be receiving an e-mail today but it has not arrived as of yet.

I think the wording about the wristbands is a little off . . . what actually happens is you all meet on the pier and the concierge has a list of everyone booked in a cabana - both Nellie's and BB. She/he then co-ordinates with the staff at the entrance to hand out the wristbands there. If your group is all together, shouldn't be a problem. If you have stragglers, you can let them know they will be showing up later.

I don't think anyone can give an accurate account of what will happen yet with the new cabana/buffet issue. They *may* give out wristbands on board to lessen the curiosity factor, an attempt to hide them from others if you will? Yes in the past they have handed them out at the cabana entrance, but only time will tell what will happen now......

I received a call today as well. I asked why they decided to do this and was told they were getting complaints that it was getting too crowded. I was also told that it was meant for suite guests and that they want to give a them a good experience. I was told that I would be receiving an e-mail today but it has not arrived as of yet.

That explanation kind of pisses me off. So those of us who purchases a Nellies beach cabana paid the same price as the suite guests paid for their BFB cabanas but we don't deserve a good experience?:mad:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

That explanation kind of pisses me off. So those of us who purchases a Nellies beach cabana paid the same price as the suite guests paid for their BFB cabanas but we don't deserve a good experience?:mad:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Hi Yael!! and I totally agree, and thought the same thing when I read it.