Labadee - no more upgraded buffet?

nbsjcruiser

I am sending this response as a follow-up to your recent correspondence to our executive offices and regret I was unable to reach you via telephone earlier as planned.

We appreciate your comments regarding the amenities associated with the cabana rentals in Labadee and regret the displeasure conveyed.

Please understand the upgraded barbeque buffet, offered on Barefoot Beach, one of Labadee’s beaches exclusively reserved to suite guests, was also made available to cabana guests from other Labadee beaches, and generated unexpected crowding as a result. In order to maintain a premium beach experience, Royal Caribbean will start enforcing the exclusive access of Barefoot Beach to top suite guests only.

Please note that guests who have purchased a private cabana on Nellie’s Beach will still have exclusive use of their cabana for the day. Other cabana amenities include a built-in ceiling fan, luxury resort-style lounge chairs, two floating mats, beach towels, a water cooler with six bottles of water and a personal cabana attendant. Guests in these cabanas are invited to join the beach barbeque buffet at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon’s Café and Café Labadee. Guests who have already purchased private cabanas at Nellie’s Beach prior to October 4, 2013 will still be able to access Barefoot Beach’s upgraded beach barbeque buffet.

We truly hope our guests will enjoy a memorable day during their call at Labadee, one of Royal Caribbean’s highest-rated Caribbean destinations and private beach paradise located on the northern coast of Haiti. The destination features five beaches, a Haitian artisan market, an extensive array of watersports options, as well as exciting attractions such as the 2,600-foot Dragon’s Breath Flight Line, the world’s longest zip line over water, the 300-foot Dragon’s Splash Waterslide, and the Dragon’s Tail Alpine Coaster.

I just received the exact same response. How will the attendants know when you paid for the cabana? And will they be told by RCCL that if you paid by 10/4/13, you are entitled to the lunch? Or will they run out of wristbands and not be able to deliver what is promised?

I don't have confidence that RCCL will provide this information to them and I don't want to have to argue my case when I'm on vacation. I preplan so everything goes as smoothly as it can.

So even though we received an official response, I'm still not sure what I'm doing. Cancel or not cancel??? :(

I paid for my cabana July 25, 2013 for our Ladadee stop March 12, 2015.

I am sure by that time, the check in attendants would have changed many times and would not know about the Oct 4, 2013 date entitling me to the upgrade.

I will bring my Pre Cruise Planner Confirmation and the above email and wait to see what happens.

I paid for my cabana July 25, 2013 for our Ladadee stop March 12, 2015.

I am sure by that time, the check in attendants would have changed many times and would not know about the Oct 4, 2013 date entitling me to the upgrade.

I will bring my Pre Cruise Planner Confirmation and the above email and wait to see what happens.

The pre cruise planner confirmation does not have a date on it - at least when I went through my reservation, I couldn't find any dates for when I made purchases.

When I look at the payments tab, I see where I paid $225 on 1/15/13 and I know that's for the cabana but it doesn't say that......

Does any one else have any ideas on where to get the proof???

I am sending this response as a follow-up to your recent correspondence to our executive offices and regret I was unable to reach you via telephone earlier as planned.

We appreciate your comments regarding the amenities associated with the cabana rentals in Labadee and regret the displeasure conveyed.

Please understand the upgraded barbeque buffet, offered on Barefoot Beach, one of Labadee’s beaches exclusively reserved to suite guests, was also made available to cabana guests from other Labadee beaches, and generated unexpected crowding as a result. In order to maintain a premium beach experience, Royal Caribbean will start enforcing the exclusive access of Barefoot Beach to top suite guests only.

Please note that guests who have purchased a private cabana on Nellie’s Beach will still have exclusive use of their cabana for the day. Other cabana amenities include a built-in ceiling fan, luxury resort-style lounge chairs, two floating mats, beach towels, a water cooler with six bottles of water and a personal cabana attendant. Guests in these cabanas are invited to join the beach barbeque buffet at Columbus Cove Café, Dragon’s Café and Café Labadee. Guests who have already purchased private cabanas at Nellie’s Beach prior to October 4, 2013 will still be able to access Barefoot Beach’s upgraded beach barbeque buffet.

We truly hope our guests will enjoy a memorable day during their call at Labadee, one of Royal Caribbean’s highest-rated Caribbean destinations and private beach paradise located on the northern coast of Haiti. The destination features five beaches, a Haitian artisan market, an extensive array of watersports options, as well as exciting attractions such as the 2,600-foot Dragon’s Breath Flight Line, the world’s longest zip line over water, the 300-foot Dragon’s Splash Waterslide, and the Dragon’s Tail Alpine Coaster.

Will those of you that received the above response please tell me who you contacted and if by phone or email because I would like to personally receive the same response as my proof for my Dec/Jan cruise.

Thanks,

Lin

Will those of you that received the above response please tell me who you contacted and if by phone or email because I would like to personally receive the same response as my proof for my Dec/Jan cruise.

Thanks,

Lin

I still haven't gotten a response to my email that I sent to the shorex address.

The pre cruise planner confirmation does not have a date on it - at least when I went through my reservation, I couldn't find any dates for when I made purchases.

When I look at the payments tab, I see where I paid $225 on 1/15/13 and I know that's for the cabana but it doesn't say that......

Does any one else have any ideas on where to get the proof???

I have a Pre-Cruise Planner Summary which I took a copy of when I paid for the cabana which is not dated. I received an email a Pre Cruise Planner Confirmation thanking me for making a reservation in advance using their Pre Cruise Planner from RC which is dated the day I paid for the cabana.

I have not received anything from Shorex.

I wonder how the other passengers that paid for a cabana will know if you paid before Oct 4, 2013 date that they are entitled to the upgrade buffet. They will be shocked to find out once they are at the gate to enter for their buffet to find out that they are NOW NOT entitled to it.

All that we can do is ask, That was the response, I would bring proof of your cabana purchase before 10/4 and a copy of the response.

In the top left hand corner, my printer dated my copy of the Pre-Cruise Planner Summary that I printed out. I did not receive an email confirmation. I assume that I didn't because my cruise was booked through a travel agent, but I am far from certain about that. I have a call in to my travel agent to see if she received a confirmation for me. However, I did check my credit card and payment was made to RCI on the same date of my Summary. I have also emailed, hoping to get an official response letter of my own instead of copying the posts here.

In the top left hand corner, my printer dated my copy of the Pre-Cruise Planner Summary that I printed out. I did not receive an email confirmation. I assume that I didn't because my cruise was booked through a travel agent, but I am far from certain about that. I have a call in to my travel agent to see if she received a confirmation for me. However, I did check my credit card and payment was made to RCI on the same date of my Summary. I have also emailed, hoping to get an official response letter of my own instead of copying the posts here.

I also booked my cruise through a travel agent but did receive an email upon booking the Cabana. Check your email on the day you made the reservation for details such as below.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 7:30 PM

To: xxxxxxx

Subject: Pre-Cruise Planner Confirmation

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for making your reservations in advance using our Pre-Cruise Planner. Please print this page for your records.

Reservation Number: xxxxxxx

Cruise: xxxxxxx

Ship Name: xxxxxxx

Date of Departure: xxxxxxx

Departing From: xxxxxxx

Below you will find a brief description of the items you have reserved.

I had a nice phone call today in response to our problem. While I am still concerned about them honoring their word, I am hoping they stay true to their word. I do have the name and phone number to the executive that called me today and was told to reference them in any dealings I have in the future concerning this matter. I told them I would not post their contact info publicly.(they did not ask). They did say that staff can look at our reservations and see when the cabana was purchased to confirm.

They assured me that this was an executive decision and will be upheld. Here is the e-mail I received.

Bold type notes the fact that any cabanas booked/paid before Oct. 4th 2013 will be allowed the upgraded buffet. If booked/paid after Oct. 4th they will only receive what is in the "new" description.

Dear Mr. Brandon:

Thank you for contacting the executive offices of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. Your correspondence to Mr. Goldstein was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcomed the opportunity to respond on his behalf. It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier.

As discussed, the upgraded barbeque buffet, offered on Barefoot Beach, one of Labadee’s beaches exclusively reserved to suite guests, was also made available to cabana guests from other Labadee beaches, and generated unexpected crowding as a result. In order to maintain a premium beach experience, Royal Caribbean will start enforcing the exclusive access of Barefoot Beach to top suite guests only.

Mr. Brandon, thank you again for reaching out to us. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you and your family onboard the Allure of the Seas in May.

I had a nice phone call today in response to our problem. While I am still concerned about them honoring their word, I am hoping they stay true to their word. I do have the name and phone number to the executive that called me today and was told to reference them in any dealings I have in the future concerning this matter. I told them I would not post their contact info publicly.(they did not ask). They did say that staff can look at our reservations and see when the cabana was purchased to confirm.

They assured me that this was an executive decision and will be upheld. Here is the e-mail I received.

Bold type notes the fact that any cabanas booked/paid before Oct. 4th 2013 will be allowed the upgraded buffet. If booked/paid after Oct. 4th they will only receive what is in the "new" description.

Dear Mr. Brandon:

Thank you for contacting the executive offices of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. Your correspondence to Mr. Goldstein was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcomed the opportunity to respond on his behalf. It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier.

As discussed, the upgraded barbeque buffet, offered on Barefoot Beach, one of Labadee’s beaches exclusively reserved to suite guests, was also made available to cabana guests from other Labadee beaches, and generated unexpected crowding as a result. In order to maintain a premium beach experience, Royal Caribbean will start enforcing the exclusive access of Barefoot Beach to top suite guests only.

Mr. Brandon, thank you again for reaching out to us. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you and your family onboard the Allure of the Seas in May.

Who did you contact? I would also like to send a letter out to register my concern. Thank you.

Did you get this email today from RC if I may ask? Thank you.

I have yet to receive a response to my email sent on Monday.

Yes receive the email today after they tried to reach me by phone.

Another point my wife made. They keep building new Cabanas to generate income which resulted in overcrowding at the barefoot beach barbecue. Because of greed they found themselves in caught between a rock and a hard place.

So, how exactly do they separate out those that purchased before and after Oct 4? And who gets to explain to those that bought after, why they can't go to the buffet with those that bought before? What a big friggin mess.

I asked that same question to the executive who sent me the form letter. Their reply is bolded below:

You are correct. The Barefoot Beach barbeque buffet will be accessible to all guests who booked a Nellie's Beach Cabana on or before Friday, October 4, 2013. As you booked your cabana before that date, you will be granted access to the upgraded buffet. Per your inquiry, we have identified all the guests who will be granted access to the buffet on Barefoot beach and will notify our shipboard staff on all the pertinent ships

Well, im not willing to see what happens next week. I am canceling because I dont want to fight with an attendant who will not get the memo in time.

Shame because this was a nice option that day.

Thanks for the heads up, and posting the letters they sent back.

I still haven't received mine

If I do swing by the area I will see how it is working out. Or hopefully other member's in the mingle will post.

Who received this response and who from RCI sent it? We booked a cabana on Labadee long before this deadline and I'd like to know the source of this RC response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCCL's website has so many IT problems, their Customer Service Reps are never told of policy changes, numerous people complain they don't receive the emails the few times RCCL does happen to send out standardized form letters regarding changes and people have been complaining about the lack of communication on RCCL's part for years. But now they want us to believe the effected ships will be notified, staff will be told and RCCL will honor the upgraded buffet with the purchase of cabanas countless people have already paid for on ships that aren't even sailing for another 12-18 months?

Excuse me but............

ei7bkp.jpg

Now I remember why I canceled 2 upcoming cruises with RCCL and canceled my Nellie's Beach cabana I had already purchased.

But to be fair and honest, the other cruise lines aren't any better. I've already been told I can't purchase the alcohol package on my NCL cruise because it's "spring break" and the packages aren't sold from March 1-April 15th so NCL can suck every penny from all of the college drunks. Of course, I couldn't find the "policy" anywhere on NCL's website and only learned of it because of the boards here on CC.

All of the cruise lines have completely taken advantage of the term, SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE, and have decided it applies to ANYTHING/EVERYTHING that makes them more money.

Maybe if enough people finally get fed up with all of the cruise line's garbage and start canceling their cruises, the cruise industry would have no choice but to make the obvious changes necessary in order to ensure GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Like that will ever happen. :(

Whatever happened to the term, THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT? Another joke.

Cruise Lines: "Now here's your $.05 in OBC so leave us alone and go book some more reservations while we start planning how we'll screw you again with our next SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE policy change."

Sorry for venting, but in the last month I have been effected by the smoking policy change, my excursion was canceled and I had pre-paid a Nellie's Beach cabana for a May, 2014 cruise. So, I decided to make a change and booked a March cruise with NCL only to find out yesterday (because of these boards) about their spring break alcohol policy.

Needless to say, I am beyond frustrated.

Does anyone else feel like we've been "classed out" once again by the suite passengers? I could be totally wrong here, but what went on that prompted this decision? It seems to me that the suite passengers *may* have been complaining that the commoners from Nellies were invading their private little oasis and they were not happy. Don't get me wrong, if I paid for a suite I probably would be disappointed that I had to stand in line with Nellies peeps too! I suppose if you (they) had done the math in the first place, they would have discovered that you can't add a bunch of new cabanas and expect the buffet to take on double the load of passengers without repercussions......like adding extra cabins on to the Enchantment but not increasing the size of the buffet in the Windjammer.I also feel that adding 4 more bottles of water is hardly compensation for having to walk to the other buffet....but that's really not the point. I get it that its a business, but maybe they need to think about what is going to happen before they offer such things instead of just waiting to see what happens. In the great scheme of things its not going to matter a bit to the company but I would imagine they may get tired of hearing from cruise critic members wouldn't you? :p

Does anyone else feel like we've been "classed out" once again by the suite passengers? I could be totally wrong here, but what went on that prompted this decision? It seems to me that the suite passengers *may* have been complaining that the commoners from Nellies were invading their private little oasis and they were not happy. Don't get me wrong, if I paid for a suite I probably would be disappointed that I had to stand in line with Nellies peeps too! I suppose if you (they) had done the math in the first place, they would have discovered that you can't add a bunch of new cabanas and expect the buffet to take on double the load of passengers without repercussions......like adding extra cabins on to the Enchantment but not increasing the size of the buffet in the Windjammer.I also feel that adding 4 more bottles of water is hardly compensation for having to walk to the other buffet....but that's really not the point. I get it that its a business, but maybe they need to think about what is going to happen before they offer such things instead of just waiting to see what happens. In the great scheme of things its not going to matter a bit to the company but I would imagine they may get tired of hearing from cruise critic members wouldn't you? :p

No, we've been "suite" passengers in the past and hope to again. It's not about class. I understand it's about crowds at the upgraded buffet as I"ve been there as a suite passenger and dealt with it. For me, the issue is how it was handled, the sudden change, with no warning, etc. It could have been handled by changing it as a of a certain date of sailing, not just a date that affects random sailings. I have absolutely no issue with what GS and above receive considering what we pay. It's no different than concierge level in a hotel or first class on any other mode of travel. As they build more cabanas, the crowds are getting out of hand. They never should have included the upgraded buffet in the first place and this wouldn't be an issue now. No, they won't get tired of hearing from the probably 25 people so far that have contacted them. They get contacted daily by hundreds of people over all kinds of things.