How Did You Choose Your User Name?

Swells1

first online message board I ever used was Trip Advisor, to reseach Mexico trips: Azulann. I have blue eyes.

found CC on the TA forums and continue to use the same moniker.

When on CC roll calls, it is easy for folks to privately email me with the TripAdvisor feature of private email on their site.

I'm a huge Pirates of the Caribbean fan. I even have the Jack Sparrow tattoo on my forearm. My SN refers to in part 3 when Jack is talking to his multiple selves. One asks "What about port?" And the other replies "I prefer rum". I really do prefer rum. But I thought whataboutport sounded better than ipreferrum. Now I"m not so sure. :cool:

I came to the US on a ship from Germany when I was a boy; See sig below.

OMG I literally LOL!

Edited by whataboutport

I'm from Central California and it's a cruising forum. I changed up the spelling on cruiser just for fun. I use the Centralcali theme on other forums, I am Centralcalitraveler on Trip Adviser and Centralcalirunner on running/fitness forums. As large as the Central Valley of California is, there aren't a ton of posters on various forums so it somewhat distinguishes me.

First four letters of my last name followed with the letter "y" to make it simple. 114 was the last badge number I had while I was employed as a municipal police officer in my hometown in Northern New Jersey. Where did the last thirty years go!

in over 20 years as a paramedic, I trained over 700 emt's... most were young enough to be one of my kids... one night my partner (a brand new e.m.t.) and I pulled up on a motor vehicle accident, as I was triaging a patient, a state trooper asked her if her partner wasn't "a little old"? hence oldmedic and the name stuck...

Mine came when years ago we booked a private party on board and my TA asked what our group name was for the private party sign. Well, I didn't want to use my name because it was everyone's party. We tried tons of names. Then one night I'm sitting there talking to one of the cruisers and I said "my brother is not entirely normal". She yells "that's it! That's our group name" The name was born. We've been "not entirely normal", "not entirely normal too", "not entirely normal again" "Normal? Not entirely." and a few more.

On the last group cruise our group got a mention in the patter for a disembarkation group. I'm talking to a sweet girl at the purser's desk and she says, oh, I was so embarrassed to put that. I thought I was being really insulting. I laughed and told her no, would you like a hat?

Attilamom is based on the nickname my husband gave me when the kids would'nt listen to me - "When Attila the Mom tells you to do something you will do it and you will do it NOW!". 1217 is my birthday. I use attilamom1217 as my screen name on websites as it is easy for me to remember :D

Edited by attilamom1217

• 5 months later...
I graduated from HS in 1972 and our mascot was Blue Devils.

Blue Devil, I am in Celeste and my nephews (Tim Gilliam's sons) are asking me your name, and I told them I only know you as Blue Devil 72, I told them it was up to you.