MUST HAVE foods on Princess

vent1020

So, one vote mashed, one vote scalloped. Hmmmmm. Decisions decisions.

Sides are served family style, so easy to have both on the table.

Those spring rolls are an app on the first night and served with a peanut dipping sauce.

Sides are served family style, so easy to have both on the table.

Those spring rolls are an app on the first night and served with a peanut dipping sauce.

Well after our experience in Crown Grill on Caribbean Princess last week, it is not the way I would ever serve my 'family'. Mashed potatoes and creamed spinach just splodged into two shallow 'soup bowl' type bowls and another identical bowl with 6 rather overcooked asparagus spears - it all looked quite unappealing :(. The fillet mignon was good but it was a lot better when it was served in the MDR. My husband had the blue and black soup which he said was very tasty - it was served in a small tureen. I had the shrimp and pancetta soup which was served in an identical bowl to the vegetables and it was not that good :(. For some reason we were given dessert spoons to eat the soup with and not soup spoons. As you can probably guess from this, I would only recommend the blue and black soup. Had the taster dessert but that was nothing to recommend either - sorry :(.

My husband had the spring roll appetiser on the first night and loved it :)

My "Must Have" breakfast in the buffet is a bowl of Oatmeal with a side of Pineapple.

My "Must Have" desert in the MDR is the Sorbet that changes nightly.

From Crown Grill my "Must Haves" are the Scallop Appetizer, Filet Mignon, Lobster, Grilled Asparagus, Wild Mushrooms, and the Crown Depedence for desert.

Now I'm hungry! :)

The Burrata appetizer in Sabatini's is a must have for me, as I love cheese.

I am still amazed I managed to resist the cheese cart in Sabatini's at dessert time the last cruise. That is also a winner if you are a cheese fan.

Speaking of dairy products, I always have to order the Volcano (the kid's menu's banana split) at least once per cruise in the MDR.

Archived