Silhouette:Sky Suite Worth It?

bzv143

We are looking into booking a cruise onboard the Silhouette in February and are trying to decide between a Concierge Class, an Aqua Class, or a Sky Suite. Is it worth the extra money to be in a Sky Suite versus the others? HELP! :confused:

We are looking into booking a cruise onboard the Silhouette in February and are trying to decide between a Concierge Class, an Aqua Class, or a Sky Suite. Is it worth the extra money to be in a Sky Suite versus the others? HELP! :confused:

Only you can answer that question. How much are you willing to spend? Conceirge on the S Class ships are not special to me. AQ has great perks. Many,many threads on AQ. I like the S1 aft Suites.

Do all the S1s have connecting doors to other cabins? Did not want that. There are S1s available...why would I pick that over, say, an AQ? Do tell, as the choices are almost too many!

Anyway, back to the original question--are there enough perks with a Sky Suite to warrant going the higher price?

That is not a question that is possible to answer. On some cruises the price difference may be $200 per/person, on others $1,500 per/person. The length of the cruise matters. How much time you plan to stay in the suite/stateroom matters. How much use you'd receive out of the extra perks matters. People can give you information about the suites if you have questions about the room and/or perks, but it is simply not possible to say if it is worth the higher price unless you provide a lot more information.

RightyHo. I guess what I am trying to do is list Perks of Sky Suite versus Perks of Aqua Class/Concierge Class/Sunset Verandah.

What DO we get with a Sky Suite that differs from the others, other than a butler, a little larger cabin, and a higher price? Is there a private lounge, is there no stupid line for restaurants, are specialty restaurants free, is there a concierge to get us priority passes of any kind?

Sorry for appearing so dumb here. I am new to Celebrity.

RightyHo. I guess what I am trying to do is list Perks of Sky Suite versus Perks of Aqua Class/Concierge Class/Sunset Verandah.

What DO we get with a Sky Suite that differs from the others, other than a butler, a little larger cabin, and a higher price? Is there a private lounge, is there no stupid line for restaurants, are specialty restaurants free, is there a concierge to get us priority passes of any kind?

Sorry for appearing so dumb here. I am new to Celebrity.

The amentities. For each category are listed on the Celebrity site. The Suite includes upgraded toiletries. Also includes a complimentary dinner at a Specialty Restaurant for a 7 day cruise. 2 dinners if cruise is 8 days or longer. Much more cabin space. You can dine in Blu if space is available. You get priority for tenders and a special line for embarkation, but lots of people get these perks. As Gonzo 70 said, it's about the price difference and what YOU are willing to pay. I'm doing a 13 day cruise on Silhouette in a Suite and the TA that follows in AQ. I selected the Suite for the view from the aft cabin since we'll be going into Kotor and Venice. I took AQ for the TA because I want Blu and Persian Gardens. Different strokes for different folks.

The basic difference is more room (50% more ~) and a butler plus your room steward. You are really paying for the space. It is NOT a suite in any conventional sense of the word, just a larger ~300 sq. ft. room. CC and AQ are 194 sq. ft. just like every other balcony cabin. You do get one dinner in a specialty restaurant, a $90/couple value.

We do not spend a lot of time in our room, preferring to be out and about. We don't prefer Blu, so AQ is out, and the CC amenities sound good in theory but really are not very significant, so we now opt for a regular balcony in a good mid- ship location. This is what works for us. If we paid a lot more money I would feel obligated to spend more time in my cabin, and I really don't like to do that--however, YMMV!

It's definitely a personal preference thing, but for me, absolutely! I am willing to pay significantly more for extra space. I spend time in my cabin and on the balcony, it is not just a place where I shower and sleep. The Aqua Suite we booked for January is the smallest cabin I have ever had. My daughter and sister's standard balcony cabin seemed very claustrophobic to me. I wouldn't be able to stand it!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

This is a VERY personal opinion, but for me only the Aft corner S1 cabin would be worth it for me. This because I just love that porthole window and the wrap around balcony.

The normal S1 cabins are like the other cabins, just a lot larger. However, many are under the overhang which could be a plus or a minus.

One point I don't think was answered yet. No problem at all with connecting doors as they would connect at the front of the cabin. If you are not sailing with the cabin next to you and therefore want them connected they will just open as any other cabin door. I may not be explaining well but definitely not an issue at all (on S class ship's, but different on M class ship's which connect like hotel rooms do)

Archived