Price drop who should I contact?

jmv

Hi All,

I am cruising on the Gem in November and booked a GTY inside, so far no room number assigned. Since booking and final payment my price dropped by 250.00. Should I call my TA or NCL direct and see if I can get a onboard credit or an upgrade to an OV cabin?? I have never gone this long without being assigned a room. Don't know what to do.

I am so excited, can't wait to cruise NCL again.

Hi All,

I am cruising on the Gem in November and booked a GTY inside, so far no room number assigned. Since booking and final payment my price dropped by 250.00. Should I call my TA or NCL direct and see if I can get a onboard credit or an upgrade to an OV cabin?? I have never gone this long without being assigned a room. Don't know what to do.

I am so excited, can't wait to cruise NCL again.

Call your TA ASAP and good luck!

As people said, call your TA. They aren't, per NCL policy about being past final payment, required to give you anything, but it never hurts to ask. I've been given an upgrade from inside to oceanview, and another time was told there was nothing they could do.

Good luck!

I would certainly call your TA since you have nothing to lose really. We booked GTY oceanview with the option of BX Balcony. We agreed to it and a few weeks later were assigned a BC cabin. A few weeks later when the price had dropped my PCC offered us a mini suite for a fee of only $30pp. So... go try your luck, hope it's good news for you, happy sailing.

However, just be careful what you wish for and be aware that not all upgrades are good upgrades, check cabin location before agreeing to any "upgrade".

Edited by B6ConMe

Thank you all for great advise, I called my TA and NCL gave me an upgrade from a inside to a family ocean view with a picture window. Iam so excited because it's what I wanted, and it's mid ship and in a great location, so glad I called.

Happy sailing to everyone!

Thank you all for great advise, I called my TA and NCL gave me an upgrade from a inside to a family ocean view with a picture window. Iam so excited because it's what I wanted, and it's mid ship and in a great location, so glad I called.

Happy sailing to everyone!

Way to go!! Congrats, Happy sailing to you!! :D :p

Glad to hear you got upgraded....we didn't get anything! :(

I booked direct with NCL back in June. I turned it over to a TA shortly thereafter. Since then, our category (MA) has dropped about $150.00. I filled out the "form" on NCL last evening. Today, I got an email from my TA which had the letter she got from NCL. It seems their "Best Price Guarantee" has a major caveat. This is directly from their web site:

Our price is the best price

If you find a lower published price for the same cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line, either on ncl.com or on a piece of communication directly from Norwegian, we will either:

• Re-price your cruise at the lower price
  • Or, you'll receive 110% of the difference in the form of an Onboard Credit

How To Claim Your Guarantee

Just complete the "Best Price. Guaranteed." claim form and submit it online within 48 hours of making your booking. If it meets the Guarantee criteria and you choose to receive an Onboard Credit, we will automatically attach that credit to your account. Once you are on board the ship, you can use the credit however you please.

So, once again, those of us who choose to book in advance wind up paying more than those who book at the last minute.

I booked direct with NCL back in June. I turned it over to a TA shortly thereafter. Since then, our category (MA) has dropped about $150.00. I filled out the "form" on NCL last evening. Today, I got an email from my TA which had the letter she got from NCL. It seems their "Best Price Guarantee" has a major caveat. This is directly from their web site:

So, once again, those of us who choose to book in advance wind up paying more than those who book at the last minute.

I gather you are past final payment, so you could not get a price reduction. If prices of better cabins drop, you might try for an upgrade; that is more likely to be successful, like it was the OP. But since you are in an MA options are more limited than the OP in an inside cabin.

OP, I am glad you got an upgrade. Good job catching those price changes.

I gather you are past final payment, so you could not get a price reduction. If prices of better cabins drop, you might try for an upgrade; that is more likely to be successful, like it was the OP. But since you are in an MA options are more limited than the OP in an inside cabin.

OP, I am glad you got an upgrade. Good job catching those price changes.

Since we booked one year ago we have called and gotten two upgrades. Was in a bb and now in an ma. Called two days ago because we still paid more for our cabin than selling for now 3 weeks from boarding and got an onboard credit of $150 plus other amenities. Can't hurt to ask.

That might be true but booking early gets us the cabin we want. We booked our Oct. 19th over a year ago and prices, for the cabin type we wanted only went up. Also ,those cabins have been sold out for months now. However, if you're not particular about the cabin you want you can often get good deals by waiting for the big price reductions closer to departure. They'd soon be out of business though if they refunded the fare difference to everyone who had paid higher fares.

Since we booked one year ago we have called and gotten two upgrades. Was in a bb and now in an ma. Called two days ago because we still paid more for our cabin than selling for now 3 weeks from boarding and got an onboard credit of $150 plus other amenities. Can't hurt to ask.

I did ask and they responded through the TA that they're not going to do anything. I would have been more than happy with OBC. :(

I did ask and they responded through the TA that they're not going to do anything. I would have been more than happy with OBC. :(

I would be very disappointed also especially knowing from comments on here that others are getting upgrades or upsells or OBC's to the tune of hundreds of dollars.

I wonder if your TA were to escalate your request to the next level up to find a better and more pleasing solution for you. I don't think I'd be satisfied with your outcome.

I didn't get my final upgrade/upsell until after I'd made final payment so that excuse can't be used. Would you consider pushing a little harder?

If you do, I'll wish you luck, if not, perhaps it'll work out better next time.

Good luck.

Edited by B6ConMe

This seems very strange to me and I suspect (but clearly couldn't possibly know for sure) that this is a TA issue not an NCL issue. In the past, we've always been able to at least get some OBC (not the full price difference, but something) for a price drop. I would suggest following up with your TA again and ask them to find out your options. Good luck!

I've had price drops every cruise and got upgraded for free each time. The cabin I was upgraded to was always cheaper than or equal to what I paid. I just call my TA. I will say not all TA's are equal and not all know how to ask. It us totally up to NCL to say yes or no. This past Alaska cruise we went from an inside to balcony because the price dropped that much. I usually wait to ask until a month (or less) out though.

Fyi I always ask TA's before booking if they are willing to call and ask for an upgrade if there are price drops. I also ask how it could affect obc. I can tell if they know what they are doing based on the answers

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Did you talk with your TA before you filled out and submitted the form that did not apply to your situation? (Since it was more than 48 hours since you booked.) Did your TA call them and explain that the form was submitted in error and you would like to be upgraded if possible. Unless your TA has actually talked to them, they have no idea that you are willing to accept an upgrade or OBC. These upgrades and OBC's have nothing to do with the Best Price Guarantee.

• 3 months later...

For price drop questions, what about if you booked it yourself through a travel website, is that considered a TA? Or would you just call NCL directly or fill out the online form? I have just made a deposit, but I am constantly checking the price and will be ready if it drops.

Thanks for the advice!

CHristina

For price drop questions, what about if you booked it yourself through a travel website, is that considered a TA? Or would you just call NCL directly or fill out the online form? I have just made a deposit, but I am constantly checking the price and will be ready if it drops.

Thanks for the advice!

CHristina

You would have to contact the travel website to have them call NCL. I hope you checked out the travel website before you booked to see if they charge any "change" or "cancellation" fees. If so, the fees may be more than the price drop.