Flash sales?

SparklingBlonde

Brainyblonde- now that their site is working again I have to say I don't think the flash sales seem any different than the prices they already show for the cruises. I guess I expected something different. We are trying something new this year - we bought our flights and booked our hotel planning on going on a specific cruise and we have just been waiting for the price to drop. It's past the final payment date so their has been quite a bit of movement, but I just don't know when to pull the trigger. I'm thinking it is going to be soon but I am afraid the day after I book it will drop again. I've already waited this long....

The prices aren't any different than what you find on the HAL site, but the Flash sale site does bring most of the really good deals for soon-to-sail cruises together into one convenient place.

The "specials" on the HAL site is also a great resourse if you are looking for deals.

It is difficult to decide when to book a last minute cruise. I love Sparkling Blonde's optimism with purchasing flights, etc, without a cruise booked. We tend to take long, overseas cruises, minimum 25-30 days. I have learned one thing, however, this last cruise we booked after the final 90 day booking deadline. I think it was around 70 days before the cruise. I might go down to about 40 days, but other logistics just take time. We did get a good price this time, and an upgrade on a VF guarantee to a VA. Could have saved some money waiting to about 30 days. Two weeks out the prices really came down, cutting it very close.

For this reason and many other reasons, we do not buy the FCC. The deposit is now higher for less return, and booking ahead does not seem to be any advantage.

Archived