I said I'd never do it but I booked Oasis

wrp96

Diamond sail away - check

Deck 5 at stern is great for reading - check

Roast beef sandwich at Park Cafe on embarkation day - check

Avoid WJ at all costs - not a problem since I rarely go there on any cruise.:p

Wish I could leave tomorrow.

Why aren't you on your Roll Call, Wrona?!?!?!??

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1681884

I hope you are a smoker because it smells like smoke and that nasty stuff they spray to cover up the smell of smoke everywhere.

Even though the boat is huge it is extremely crowded everywhere you go.

on the brighter side there is always a lot to do on the ship (just make sure you are early or you will not get a seat)

and the boat barely moves in choppy waves, so no sea sickness!

Hello Wrona,

How are you? I hope you have been doing well. I also said for a quite awhile," I will never sail on a ship as big as Oasis". You should never say "never". lol. :D:

I did read a lot of reviews, and after hearing about all you could see and do, I finally decided that I had to experience her for myself. (at least once) She is a beautiful ship, and has tons of stuff to see, and do. I saw every show they offered, and they were all phenominal. Well, not quite every show. I didn't attempt to go to the comedy show. Adult comedy shows, are usually too raunchy for me to enjoy. I personally don't like the over use of cussing either, so simply try to skip that type of entertainment. We got a free specialty dinner from my TA, so on the 2nd day we went to make a reservation at Chops. The only time we could get, conflicted with the time I had scheduled the ice show. So, we picked another time for the ice show, and just showed up in the no reservation line. We got in, and got pretty good seats, down the side. No problem. So if you can't get reservations, just get in the various no reservation line. They open up the no ressy line, about 15 min before the show. So I recommend getting in line at least half an hour before, and you should be fine. If you're sailing alone, it should be even easier to find 1 seat, rather than 2, at any show.

We liked the ship, loved the shows, you can't even tell you're moving on her, most of the time. However, you also can't see the water much, unless you go out on deck. Out on deck, it was quite windy most of the time, and also higher up than I liked to be. So we didn't spend much time out on deck. I also had to turn my back in the elevators, as I didn't like to witness how high up we were traveling. In the end, both Don and I agreed, we like a bit smaller ship, where we can enjoy actually seeing the water. But, if rates come down on Allure, after Quantum comes out, I might have to book her. Just to see the different shows she has. :D: Have a wonderful cruise Wrona. I know you work hard, so don't forget to relax some, also. Cheryl

I saw every show they offered, and they were all phenominal. Well, not quite every show. I didn't attempt to go to the comedy show. Adult comedy shows, are usually too raunchy for me to enjoy. I personally don't like the over use of cussing either, so simply try to skip that type of entertainment.

I know what you mean, we love comedy but don't care for excessive swearing, almost every comedy show they offered was 18+ I think I counted 2 shows that were not 18+ during the entire 7 day trip.

Archived