I said I'd never do it but I booked Oasis

wrp96

Well one good way to get the information you need would be to now go back and read those threads. There are a lot of them with plenty of information to review.

Here is a link to the RCI website regarding Oasis if you are interested:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=OA&shipCode=OA&br=R

Enjoy your cruise - Oasis is a great ship!

You will enojy the Oasis... I agree with everyone saynig to book your shows ASAP... I dont think i could phsycailly go to a smaller then a Freedom Class Ship now... You will be hooked

Also.. At times sometimes after a show the traffic in certain areas may be a little high, but people seem to disaper quickly..

Got any show recommendations? Cruise is in 3 weeks so I'm certain they are open. ;)

Oh, that close to the cruise you might not have much choice. I'd try first for the Comedy Show since that is the smallest venue and the least chance of the non-reservation line making it in.

If you are D+, you are supposed to have access to reserved seats at theater shows. I'd visit the Concierge early (or email them) and find out how that works.

Oh Wrona I can't wait to hear what you think. I've booked it a couple times and changed it to something smaller (Freedom, Navigator).

Solo traveler deal was too good to pass up - especially since it's been a bad week at work

I was in your shoes as well....saw The Behemoth docked next to our ships several times....swore NEVER would we sail her!! Then I read Gambee's review of the Allure...read it! Sister ship and his pictures are awesome!! And so we sailed...we had a wonderful time...it is incomprehensible, but true, that she never seemed crowded with the exception of the Windjammer on embarkation day. You will have a fantastic time!!

Only diamond but getting very close to D+

Well, you will get double points for the single stateroom now, so maybe D+ is closer than you think!:)

Again, check the website and see what is available for shows. If you cannot get what you want, there are two options:

1) Go to Studio B as soon as you board and try to make reservations there. Some spots are held back from internet booking.

2) Just use the non-reservation line. Many people report good luck getting into the shows with no reservations.

Well, you will get double points for the single stateroom now, so maybe D+ is closer than you think!:)

Again, check the website and see what is available for shows. If you cannot get what you want, there are two options:

1) Go to Studio B as soon as you board and try to make reservations there. Some spots are held back from internet booking.

2) Just use the non-reservation line. Many people report good luck getting into the shows with no reservations.

^^This! If you go straight to Studio B you will have no trouble getting reservations. We were able to easily change our reservations right when we got on the ship. Especially for comedy shows, the venue is small so make sure you have reservations for those.

Be prepared to be WOWed by the ship and all that it offers. Hairspray is well worth seeing and, I suspect that you will try and enjoy the zip line. Ship is very easy to navigate and despite her size and the number of passengers she carries, there is little or no sense that she is crowded. Above all, lay back and enjoy time onboard the ship and away from work.:)

Bill

Try to see the water shows early in the cruise - there is always a chance they will be cancelled for weather.

The only crowding we found was after shows. We actually thought the elevators were quicker on the Oasis than the Freedom.

Try to eat lunch on boarding day away from the Windjammer - it will most likely be much saner than the WJ.

I a free tour of Central Park is offered, take it.:D

Johnny Rockets offers free breakfast.

Enjoy your cruise.

I also jumped on that last minute deal, booked the Allure for 11/3, trying a central park view cabin, a tree outside my window on a cruise ship :-). Price was incredible deal for a single. And then I found out about double points.

I was not able to get my first choice of shows this close to sailing, so I just took the later show, what the heck, I don't have to drive home.

I've been on both Oasis & Allure before and actually found them more friendly for solo cruisers then the Freedom class. But I do prefer the smaller ships. As others mentioned, the only time I really found the crowds overwhelming was trying to get into a show, after a show and during the parades. Don't even try to watch the parade from the Diamond Lounge, it only lets about a dozen folks actually see anything, made worse by folks who grab a table alongside the railing, they should remove those to allow more folks to stand at the railing. Also, avoid the WJ, I tried to hit up every free eating option, only got to about a third of them.

Take advantage of the free tours they offer, sometimes it's the horticulturist doing a tour of Central Park, other times it's an art walk. Great place to sit & read is deck 5 at the stern, alongside the walking path (I don't like to exercise but they make the path so pleasurable I do it).

Read as much as you can ahead of time, know the general lay out.

Have fun

There is a list of shows with dates and times. Print it out and use it to see when you want to book your shows. The hardest seats to get are the comedy show. Book the ones you can on the website and then have a list and head to Studio B to try to get the ones you could not get. I would try to see all of the shows as I think the Oasis and Allure have the best entertainment at sea.

I made my own list by day and time of the things we had planned including shows, specialty restaurants and excursions.

There are many places to eat lunch and breakfast.

Solarium Cafe - deck 15 forward - healthier food

Park Cafe - salads, roast beef sandwiches, flatbreads, etc. - deck 8 in C. Park

Wipe Out Cafe - Deck 15 aft by flowriders - diner kind food

Johnny Rockets - Boardwalk - brkfst - diner food

2 parades a week, unlike Allure, they are different.

Hairspray is shown earlier in the cruise day 1 and 2 only.

Ice shows spread out

Come Fly With Me is 2nd theater show, later in the week.

Aqua show is also on several days, try to book early performance if the show is rained out you can see later performances.

There is also a comedy dive show, no reservations needed.

CD is G'Day Dave - HOOOUUGH!

Diamond sail away - check

Deck 5 at stern is great for reading - check

Roast beef sandwich at Park Cafe on embarkation day - check

Avoid WJ at all costs - not a problem since I rarely go there on any cruise.:p

Wish I could leave tomorrow.

Archived