Suite Room Service

cruiser01

I was reading some conflicting posts about being able to non-entree items (ie. salads, appetizers, deserts, etc.) from the specialty restaurants for no charge.

Is this true?

Yes, but it will depend on the ship, your butler and the restaurant manager.

A good butler will be able to get it done. An average butler might not.

I was reading some conflicting posts about being able to non-entree items (ie. salads, appetizers, deserts, etc.) from the specialty restaurants for no charge.

Is this true?

I assumed if it was a place with a charge, suite guests could still get the meal in their room (with the exception of the hibachi) but that those guests still had to pay the upcharge.

I assumed if it was a place with a charge, suite guests could still get the meal in their room (with the exception of the hibachi) but that those guests still had to pay the upcharge.

The cover is charged for orders with entree only. But yes, ordering a full meal from speciality restaurant to suite is always ok (as long as the galley of chosen restaurant is open, and with the exception of Teppanyaki as you mentioned).

If you are on a suite and you have coupon for 2 dinners at Le Bistro can you use them in your suite at no cost?

I can't see why not, just give the voucher to the butler when ordering - never tried that though.

On our last cruise (owners suite) our butler said we couldn't order sushi to the room.

Same thing happened to us. It has to do with concerns the fish will go bad and cause an illness. We told our butler we would consume it in a timely manner and he brought sushi to us several times during our 14 day cruise.

That is the difference between a good butler and a great butler.

I'm sorry I have to disagree with the other responses about being able to order non-entree items to your room. I was on the Dawn in August, and our butler told us that the rules have recently changed and that guests are no longer able to order non-entree items from specialty restaurants without being charged the entire restaurant fee. There were many nights I was craving a napoleon from Le Bistro, but couldn't justify paying $20 for it!

Also, we were in the GV so I'm assuming that if we couldn't do it, then no other suite guests could either.

I'm sorry I have to disagree with the other responses about being able to order non-entree items to your room. I was on the Dawn in August, and our butler told us that the rules have recently changed and that guests are no longer able to order non-entree items from specialty restaurants without being charged the entire restaurant fee. There were many nights I was craving a napoleon from Le Bistro, but couldn't justify paying $20 for it!

Also, we were in the GV so I'm assuming that if we couldn't do it, then no other suite guests could either.

We were on the Gem last September and had no problem ordering desserts from any of the specialty restaurants. I'm hoping this hasn't changed as I'm sailing again on the Gem in 10 days.

As an aside...and maybe it's just me, but if you "read something somewhere" wouldn't it be best to directly question the people making the claims in question (you know, get the answers straight from the horses mouth)? And if that isn't possible, then wouldn't it be helpful to either cut & paste what you read or provide a link along with your question so that everyone sees and understands the same source material?

I just feel weird when Person A says something that Person B hears/reads and then Person B comes to Person C to ask if what Person A says is true. Kinda makes me feel like I'm supposed to be the referee or something.

Pick up the phone and find out if you are going to be charged before you place an order. Doesn't hurt to ask as it seems to be discretionary in some instances based on past experience. You never know what you can get if you ask - we have made some out of the world requests and they have been fulfilled. Never hurts to ask, open a door that you shouldn't - worst case you get a No in response.

Archived