Dottie Drake

vival

I have been reading these boards for a while now as we are about to travel with Oceania for the first time. I had been researching cruise directors and followed Dottie's story last May and it was obvious she was much loved.

We have just received or docs for 25th Oct Nautica cruise and she is listed as Cruise Director. I just thought you might be interested in this as it would appear she is back sooner than expected.

I have been reading these boards for a while now as we are about to travel with Oceania for the first time. I had been researching cruise directors and followed Dottie's story last May and it was obvious she was much loved.

We have just received or docs for 25th Oct Nautica cruise and she is listed as Cruise Director. I just thought you might be interested in this as it would appear she is back sooner than expected.

Thanks for the fabulous news!! Now if she'll be on the Nautica in February, I can give her a kiss in person!! Arlene

Interesting. We leave on Nautica 11/14 and Willie Ames is scheduled in our cruise documents. We've sailed with Willie, and he's very good, but have not ever sailed with Dottie. She is well liked, so whichever of them joins us, I'm sure it will be wonderful.

I would not rely on any info in the docs as to personnel. We just returned from our Black Sea cruise in September and Dottie was listed as cruise director. It was in fact Nolan. Dottie has been listed on other cruises and the cruise director has always been someone else.

In thinking back, we have rarely had the cruise director listed in the brochure. Remember these are printed months before.

We heard nothing about Dottie on our last cruise except one remark that she might be on Regent if she was back at work.

Enjoy whoever the cruise director is on your cruise. They are all good.

Dottie is indeed much loved and missed, but she is still not expecting to return to work until January, aboard Regatta, I think. Wish we could be there to welcome her back, and enjoy some more days with her as she is our absolute favorite, and always adds something special to any cruise to make it more memorable. How many of us have been knitting her ruffle scarfs? They're great fun to make, just hard to stop making! Marlene

Archived