platinum gift info

sunsetme

When they 1st switched to a ball cap they said they'd be switching gain later this fall. I wonder if so many people have traded their ball caps in that they have an extra supply of them and they are taking longer to work through than they 1st thought.

I was not at all excited by this gift. But my son, son-in-law, and 2 oldest grandsons have been very thankful for the souvenirs that I have brought home for them from our cruises.

The baseball hat was originally supposed to change at the end of October but now it's supposed to change in mid-November. John Heald had mentioned in his blog it would be changing mid-November. Rumor is that it's changing to a tote bag/duffel bag....something along those lines

The baseball hat was originally supposed to change at the end of October but now it's supposed to change in mid-November. John Heald had mentioned in his blog it would be changing mid-November. Rumor is that it's changing to a tote bag/duffel bag....something along those lines

That makes sense! The hats certainly didn't get a warm reception - according to posts here. But you can never go wrong with a tote bag - probably will appeal to more people.

Although...my first Platinum gift was a large zipper tote - and we never use it. We missed the smaller over the shoulder embroidered one by just a few months. That one I think we would have used. :o

Got the hat on the Splendor 9/22 cruise...went to Guest Services with my hat and asked if they had the tumblers...I was told yes to please take my hat back to my room with me and my Room Steward would make the switch...

He did and I am now the proud owner of my first Platinum gift :).

I am drinking out of it right now!!

Oh . . . I was so looking forward to my first platinum gift in November. But I really don't want a hat. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to switch it to a Tervis Tumbler.

Question - is the gift waiting in your cabin when you board? Or does the steward deliver it later?

Oh . . . I was so looking forward to my first platinum gift in November. But I really don't want a hat. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to switch it to a Tervis Tumbler.

Question - is the gift waiting in your cabin when you board? Or does the steward deliver it later?

Usually delivered on your first Elegant night.

As a platinum level cruiser I would never ask to exchange a platinum gift even if I had several of them. If I didn't want the gift I would return it or give it away when I got home.

Keith

Inb the past we have often given the gift to new friends we make on the ship.

Thank you! I may end up using it more than I think. Also, if it's something I don't think I'll use, I'm sure one of my children will like it. And I guess we'll just have to cruise more often so I can have a variety of platinum gifts!

Here it is....sorry it's not a close up of the hat but it's the only pic I have of it. :) The hat is very comfy.