Random thoughts from the Eurodam October 12, 2013

cruz chic

[quote name='taxmantoo']What kind of "fake" turkey did they serve :confused:[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]Processed -- it is like grinding the white meat and then the dark meat and then laying them out side-by-side and rolling them together.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]It is a cheap turkey.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Linda&Vern'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]I think what KK is talking about is what we call "turkey roll" ... and indeed, to me it is "fake turkey." When ordering in a restaurant I always ask if their turkey is "real" or "fake." I have never ordered on a cruise though.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]We ordered it once many years ago -- before Pinnacle Grill -- and was horribly disappointed.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]Now we eat elsewhere on Thanksgiving.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='lorekauf']Went to the tamarind last night. As usual, it was very good. I've met some fun people on this cruise so we decided to have dinner together. I thought they were going to throw us out of there we were laughing so hard. I can't remember the last time I had that much fun in my uber structured life. Ended up not getting home until fairly late. On top of it we lost an hour last night. By the time I got to sleep it was after 1pm. My eyes were open like saucers at 6:30 am. Living on adrenalin today.

It's cold today for a change and quite cloudy. Sea day today.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Glad you were able to meet with others and have a wonderful evening in the Tamarind.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Our weather has changed for the worse here in PA.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='brazilgirl']Sounds lovely... I have googled the places you are visiting ( Shadow Lawn , Kennebecassis ) and have surmised you on a New England cruise. Correct? Are the Colors pretty? I have always wanted to do one...[/quote]
I was wondering the same thing myself. I am going to do one in 2015.

[quote name='lorekauf']Went to the tamarind last night. As usual, it was very good. I've met some fun people on this cruise so we decided to have dinner together. I thought they were going to throw us out of there we were laughing so hard. I can't remember the last time I had that much fun in my uber structured life. Ended up not getting home until fairly late. On top of it we lost an hour last night. By the time I got to sleep it was after 1pm. My eyes were open like saucers at 6:30 am. Living on adrenalin today.

[/quote]

Glad to hear you have met some fun fellow cruisers and are having a good time.......you can rest up when you get home!:)

The colors have been underwhelming so far.

Wine service was a little slow. Dinner was good. Dining mates tonight were pretty low key. Luckily one lady from last night was at my table. We had fun. Otherwise crickets would have been chirping. I'd hoped to nap today but I wasn't really tired despite the lack of sleep. I won't be able to sleep when I get home because it will be back into prison.

VIP party tomorrow night.

[quote name='sapper1']Well Rotten Ronnie didn't have an opening so I booked us here.
[url]www.shadowlawninn.com[/url]

It's in Rothesay, about a twenty minute drive from the pier area.[/QUOTE]

Shadow Lawn. Now that brings back memories! I was last there 25 years ago for SIL's first wedding. Beautiful grounds. I didn't realize it was still operating. Twenty minutes from the pier? They must have built an expressway :) Wishing you great weather and a great lunch.

[quote name='lorekauf']The colors have been underwhelming so far.

Wine service was a little slow. Dinner was good. Dining mates tonight were pretty low key. Luckily one lady from last night was at my table. We had fun. Otherwise crickets would have been chirping. I'd hoped to nap today but I wasn't really tired despite the lack of sleep. I won't be able to sleep when I get home because it will be back into prison.

VIP party tomorrow night.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Our colors are not much this year. Too much rain at the beginning of summer and then too little in August and September. We are getting rain now -- too late. Most of the colors are brown and the leaves are just dropping off the trees.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]Have fun at the VIP party.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Lorene, I just checked the weather for Sunday. 14C and mostly sunny.
Of course you have to realize that weather forecasts on the coast are subject to change. Today is dreary and drizzly.
Just sitting here at TH waiting for Kazu to join me.

[quote name='sapper1']Lorene, I just checked the weather for Sunday. 14C and mostly sunny.
Of course you have to realize that weather forecasts on the coast are subject to change. Today is dreary and drizzly.
Just sitting here at TH waiting for Kazu to join me.[/QUOTE]

It's raining here to but it's warm. Was out on the balcony this morning without a coat. Bought a beautiful mystic topaz necklace and bracelet. The prices were very good. It's a good thing I'm buying the jewelry on the cdn side so I don't have to claim it.

That Mystic Topaz is really pretty.....I had bought MT earrings years ago on a cruise ship and got the necklace to match last time in Alaska. I had bought the earrings about 10 years ago thinking they would match a man-made Alexandrite necklace (pendant) I had from 30 years ago, but it didn't. By buying the necklace (pendant)in Alaska it solved that problem, even though it was years later. Now at least I have a matching set.
Hope you enjoy yours!:)

Did some walking around town today. Went to the drug store but they didn't have what I was looking for. Had a lobster roll at lobster on the wharf. I have to say I'm not a huge fan of them but I'll keep trying. They are ok, just different then I thought. Went to the gym so I'm ready to eat again. Looks like I'm not doing the tour I was wait listed for tomorrow.

I've been trying to buy an FCC since the cruise started but it's always lined up. Left her a note to say I wanted to buy one. Let's see if she gets back to me. I'm not as gung-ho to book cruises with Hal as I used to be.

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Lorene, how is it being down on the farm after you've seen Paris?[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I like it:). Looking forward to seeing Sapper on Sunday. The time is going by too fast and I'm not sleeping that great. I wake up so early. Maybe because I was quite busy I'll get a better sleep tonight.

It's turned into a nice day today.

Good morning from Halifax. Using ultra slow internet in the terminal. It's a sunny but cold day here. Seas were a bit rough last night but nothing too bad.

Going to Peggy's cove this afternoon. Formal night tonight.

My cabin stewards are the best that I've had in years. I want for nothing.

Service in the MDR is hit and miss. The wine service is ok.

I've eaten dinner several times with a lady that I've met from Edmonton. She's a hoot so I'm enjoying her company.

Aaaaagghhhh. Now they are calling for rain tomorrow. :eek: There is no more depressing place on the face of the Earth than Saint John in the rain. At least seeing you again will cheer us up a bit. No---actually a lot. :D

Thank you so much for your report. You will get the packing down I'm sure:) We live near Chicago and, even though United is our "home" airline, we won't fly them unless absolutely necessary.

[quote name='lorekauf'] Had a lobster roll at lobster on the wharf. I have to say I'm not a huge fan of them but I'll keep trying. They are ok, just different then I thought.[/quote]

Their lobster roll was well-prepared, there just wasn't enough of it and the empty space at the end of the roll was stuffed with greens. Best lobster roll we had on our Veendam NE/Canada cruise last June was in Bar Harbor at West Side Cafe. Totally scrumptious and the roll was stuffed.

We loved the Eurodam on our Norway cruise in August. Glad she is suiting you, except the "teeny" balcony cabin ;) We too loved Tamarind and can't wait to eat at the one on the Nieuw Amsterdam next June on the Med. Tapestry cruise.

Archived