Maho Beach Questions

purplemusik

We are going in Feb on the Dream and I was wondering the best way to get to Maho Beach once we are off the ship. Also, are there Jet Ski rentals there? My sister and her husband were hoping there were :)

The easiest way to get to and from Maho from the port is via taxi. There are no jet ski rentals at Maho Beach.

We are going in Feb on the Dream and I was wondering the best way to get to Maho Beach once we are off the ship. Also, are there Jet Ski rentals there? My sister and her husband were hoping there were :)

Jet Ski at Maho = No :eek:

Jet Ski at Orient Beach = Yes :D

Easiest way to Maho is taxi. Least expensive is bus. Most reliable is private driver.

We loved Maho much more than Orient. Orient reminded us of so many other beaches crammed with chairs and people. While Maho was busy, we went to Guy's Driftwood Boat Bar at the opposite end of the Bar that most cruisers go to (Sunset?). It was a complete blast! Spent the entire day there!!

Jet ski at Divi Little Bay Resort which is 5 minutes from front street.

In my opinion, unless your ship's departure is at 7:00 in the evening or such, it isn't a question of the hour or hour and a half before you need to get back to the ship at all.

Because of a combination of afternoon traffic and a possible bridge opening delay, I have to recommend that anyone leave Maho Beach by 2:45 or 3:00 at the very latest to get back into Philipsburg and/or the Cruise Facility before their ship's 'all on-board'.

If you're early, relax and enjoy some shopping or a cold one or two.

If you're late, wave goodbye and hopefully capture some great photos of the departing ship. :)

gary

In my opinion, unless your ship's departure is at 7:00 in the evening or such, it isn't a question of the hour or hour and a half before you need to get back to the ship at all.

Because of a combination of afternoon traffic and a possible bridge opening delay, I have to recommend that anyone leave Maho Beach by 2:45 or 3:00 at the very latest to get back into Philipsburg and/or the Cruise Facility before their ship's 'all on-board'.

If you're early, relax and enjoy some shopping or a cold one or two.

If you're late, wave goodbye and hopefully capture some great photos of the departing ship. :)

gary

Thanks Gary,I'll take your advice. Not sure yet but I think the all aboard time will be around 4ish. So if traffic is good and no bridge delays is the journey not long back to port?

Between the 2 bars at the beach, is one better/different than the other? Which would you choose the next time you go to Maho?

Next, about returning to the ship. Our ship sails at 3pm. I do want to stop at the port to buy some cheese, so when should we be getting a taxi to head back to the port? I was thinking to leave the beach around 1pm. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi,

Does anyone know how much a taxi will cost for 3 from cruise terminal to maho and back?

Also, I am assuming there are lots of taxis at the terminal. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Nimisha

Plenty of taxis usually. Sorry I don't know fare. Best way to c island though. U can also find many taxis at Maho to take u back.

Between the 2 bars at the beach, is one better/different than the other? Which would you choose the next time you go to Maho?

Next, about returning to the ship. Our ship sails at 3pm. I do want to stop at the port to buy some cheese, so when should we be getting a taxi to head back to the port? I was thinking to leave the beach around 1pm. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks for any feedback.

I think the two beach bars are quite different.

Sunset Bar and Grill is very much more 'formula', as it is a high volume, move them through, bar/restaurant, IMO. Pretty good food.

Guy's Driftwood Boat Bar is very much more laid back and cheaper, though with a limited menu and questionable, but clean, th_DSCN0987.jpg"]toilet facilities[/url].

I wouldn't linger much past 1:00 if you want to pick up the cheese at the Cruise Facility. If you get there quicker than expected, then you have time for a cool one before you get back to the ship.

gary

Thanks for any feedback.

Sunset is more energetic. Guys is more laid back. I prefer Sunset but I wouldn't stay there more than an hour and a half tops. If you leave at 1 you should be back in town by 1:45-2 that would only give you 30 minutes to 45 minutes to get back to the ship as you will need to be back for 2:30. I'm not sure where the cheese store is located but if it's in town perhaps you can ask the driver to wait for you in the car while you purchase the cheese and then drive you straight to the port.

On a side note. I am not sure how cheese can be allowed on board when my baguette had to be eaten prior to boarding.:mad:

Hi,

Does anyone know how much a taxi will cost for 3 from cruise terminal to maho and back?

Also, I am assuming there are lots of taxis at the terminal. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Nimisha

Taxi Rates as of May 2012: Maho Beach rate is the 2nd from the right.

index1.jpg

Sunset is more energetic. Guys is more laid back. I prefer Sunset but I wouldn't stay there more than an hour and a half tops. If you leave at 1 you should be back in town by 1:45-2 that would only give you 30 minutes to 45 minutes to get back to the ship as you will need to be back for 2:30. I'm not sure where the cheese store is located but if it's in town perhaps you can ask the driver to wait for you in the car while you purchase the cheese and then drive you straight to the port.

On a side note. I am not sure how cheese can be allowed on board when my baguette had to be eaten prior to boarding.:mad:

Make sure u get a guava berry frozen drink on front street and buy a few bottles to take home!!! Very delicious!!!

Archived