Why PCC?

blindrid

I just had an issue with my cruise in two weeks. One email, one phone call and the issue resolved. Now I know why I use a PCC instead of an online TA, which I used to.

Ed***, you're the man. Thanks for everything!

I now know why having a good PCC is worth it...

I now know why having a good PCC is worth it...

Magic word being "good", not "PCC" in general. Even though I've had two PCCs who were somewhat good (the other one was referred to me as cruise friends' ultimate trusted PCC that had became their personal friend), I've still had much more attentive service from my contact person at one big, mainly online TA.

Good to hear that you feel like you are getting your moneys worth from your PCC, after those two (and few random others before that) we decided that PCC doesn't offer us anything that TA couldn't - and TA usually gives us a lot better pricing and/or perks on top of what NCL(/PCC) gives.

My PCC is incredible... She's quick to respond and definitely helps me with anything I need... I noticed a price drop today in my stateroom category and she had my reservation edited in 5 minutes.. saved me nearly $600... i guess its all relative, though :)

Good to hear that you feel like you are getting your moneys worth from your PCC, after those two (and few random others before that) we decided that PCC doesn't offer us anything that TA couldn't - and TA usually gives us a lot better pricing and/or perks on top of what NCL(/PCC) gives.

I shopped this cruise and NCL's pricing was comparable with other online sites. With NCL's pricing policy the pricing should be about the same with the variable being any perks given. Those are slowly going away like the airlines years ago as cruise lines agreements with TA's become more and more restrictive.

I used to do only online TA's as I am pretty much a low maintenance cruiser as I know what I want, when I want. As the travel world evolved, I have gotten better service and advice that only a PCC could give me (IMHO, anyway).

Anyway, just my two cents and have a great day all.

With all the Cruises I have taken with NCL I never been contacted by or used a PCC. I use the 800 number for all of them so I personally don't see a need for a PCC.

IMHO, you have a personal contact if you need something done that has a vested interest in keeping me happy so I use him next time as well. He is knowledgeable and is a nice guy and responds to any of my calls / emails quickly. I do consider myself a pretty low maintenance customer but I have had to get a few things resolved in the past.

Obviously, to each their own.

I did an upgrade through the 800 number last week. It went fine, but I was overcharged $100. (Still no idea why -- literally the numbers didn't add up on the booking!)

This week, I called the guy who had called and introduced himself as our PCC thinking 'I'll never get through to him, but hey, it's worth a try'. To my amazement, he answered the phone himself almost immediately, and was able to fix the issue right away.

I still can't figure out how it's economically viable to have one specific person available by phone and not constantly on the phone -- maybe I was just very lucky, or maybe he does other jobs (answering e-mails, maybe?) that he can put aside to answer the phone.

I have to be honest. What is the advantage of a PCC over a good TA. We've booked all our cruises (except our first) through the same TA. Always get significant discount or OBC compared to booking direct with cruise line (and cruise line always refuses to match TA offer).

Am I missing something with using a PCC?

I did an upgrade through the 800 number last week. It went fine, but I was overcharged $100. (Still no idea why -- literally the numbers didn't add up on the booking!)

This week, I called the guy who had called and introduced himself as our PCC thinking 'I'll never get through to him, but hey, it's worth a try'. To my amazement, he answered the phone himself almost immediately, and was able to fix the issue right away.

I still can't figure out how it's economically viable to have one specific person available by phone and not constantly on the phone -- maybe I was just very lucky, or maybe he does other jobs (answering e-mails, maybe?) that he can put aside to answer the phone.

Glad to hear that your PCC was able to rectify your problem so quickly.

It sounds like you've connected with someone that will go the extra mile as will my PCC. I've had the same guy since I 1st started exploring cruises with NCL, which is only about 2.5 years, but he has helped me tremendously.

My PCC sometimes answers right away but not always, sometimes it goes to his voicemail so I just leave a msg and he calls me back within a few minutes. He will also sometimes take my call and ask if he can call me back so yes, they are busy taking or making calls constantly but if you call their private extension you will always get to them 1 way or another.

I have to be honest. What is the advantage of a PCC over a good TA. We've booked all our cruises (except our first) through the same TA. Always get significant discount or OBC compared to booking direct with cruise line (and cruise line always refuses to match TA offer).

Am I missing something with using a PCC?

I just picked up additional OBC yesterday with my PCC - 2 weeks from yesterday, I'll be sun and beer.......

It also seems that their knowledge (or maybe better yet, their available data base) provides them with more information regarding the ship. I've had them change my cabin for me since a larger one opened up (i.e. room configuration), where a TA does not have that availability without spending extra time - unfortunately a good TA, like a PCC, is worth their weight in gold but a TA has to be an expert in everything whereas a PCC just has to be an expert in NCL (in this case).

Well I thought that this time I may have stumbled upon a good PCC. But, I have left him 4 emails in the last 2 weeks and haven't received the first reply. So with this being only my second cruise with NCL I really don't know what other option I have.

Well I thought that this time I may have stumbled upon a good PCC. But, I have left him 4 emails in the last 2 weeks and haven't received the first reply. So with this being only my second cruise with NCL I really don't know what other option I have.

Your best option is to call the main number and ask to speak to a supervisor. Explain this situation, and request to be assigned to a new PCC immediately. It can be done. I know, because I've done it!

Don't waste another minute emailing someone who refuses to respond.

Happy sailing.

:)

Your best option is to call the main number and ask to speak to a supervisor. Explain this situation, and request to be assigned to a new PCC immediately. It can be done. I know, because I've done it!

Don't waste another minute emailing someone who refuses to respond.

Happy sailing.

:)

Thanks for the advice. Called this morning and got switched. She seems to be great so far but time will tell. She did tell me some thing that I didn't know and since this cruise to my wife and son(suite first time they think it's regular balcony) she contacted concierge desk to make sure that they don't call the house. And some things on the Jewel that we might like. Thanks again

Thanks for the advice. Called this morning and got switched. She seems to be great so far but time will tell. She did tell me some thing that I didn't know and since this cruise to my wife and son(suite first time they think it's regular balcony) she contacted concierge desk to make sure that they don't call the house. And some things on the Jewel that we might like. Thanks again

Fabulous!!! So glad it all worked out for you. Now I know you'll really have a wonderful time! :D

Archived