Specialty dining payment vs OBC

Specialty dining reservations just opened up for my sailing, so I booked all the specialty restaurants that we wanted (yay!) but I have a question. We will have OBC that will help defray the cost of all the reservations we booked. But, I had to prepay with credit card. Once onboard will I be able to get a credit back to my credit card and use the OBC? If not, should I have waited to book reservations once on board? Thank you.

No, they will not credit the reservation back to your credit card and put it on your obc. But depending on the type of obc you have, it may be refundable at the end if it is not spent. The balance would go back on your credit card so it would be a wash.

Specialty dining reservations just opened up for my sailing, so I booked all the specialty restaurants that we wanted (yay!) but I have a question. We will have OBC that will help defray the cost of all the reservations we booked. But, I had to prepay with credit card. Once onboard will I be able to get a credit back to my credit card and use the OBC? If not, should I have waited to book reservations once on board? Thank you.

Plus, depending on how much OBC you have, there might be other expenses that will consume it, such as gratuities, shore excursions, drinks, etc.

Exactly.

If this is a seven night cruise for two people, gratuities will be $168. How much more OBC do you have than that? Just a few drinks may eat up the rest.

Oh, and if you leave extra tips at the specialty restaurants, those can go on your SeaPass card and use OBC.

:)

Thank you everyone. We got a $200 OBC per cabin (we have 2 cabins with 2 people in each) so gratuities and a drink or two and we've spent it. Love cruise critic.

Just make sure you are not pre-paying gratuities, which is required for My Time Dining.

These replies make no sense to me. Why can't the OP just ask to cancel the reservation while on board and then right after canceling remake the reservation using the OBC. Heard many people doing this and my TA even recommended this.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

These replies make no sense to me. Why can't the OP just ask to cancel the reservation while on board and then right after canceling remake the reservation using the OBC. Heard many people doing this and my TA even recommended this.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The point of making reservations before your cruise is getting the time you want. If you wait until you board, you will have to take what is available.

Oh, I see what you mean. Walk up to Chops, say, "I have a reservation for four at 7:30. Please cancel that. Thanks. Ok, now I want to make a reservation for four at 7:30."

The credit for the meals, paid by credit card, will go on your SeaPass. It won't rectify the situation of wanting to use OBC.

Your TA needs some help.

:D

The credit for the meals, paid by credit card, will go on your SeaPass. It won't rectify the situation of wanting to use OBC.

Your TA needs some help.

:D

Exactly, the same goes for pre booked excursions that are cancelled onboard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Archived