Renting a Jeep at St. Thomas???

believer33323

Yes we did it and had a great day! It's your typical island driving, lots of traffic in some places, winding roads but to us it was worth the great day we had. We're from Colorado and drive Mtns and Canyon roads all the time so we never have a problem with the winding roads on the islands we visit. :) We drove all over the island! We have also rented a car in Tortola, Roatan, Freeport, Nassau and San Juan. Great times!!!

Yes we did it and had a great day! It's your typical island driving, lots of traffic in some places, winding roads but to us it was worth the great day we had. We're from Colorado and drive Mtns and Canyon roads all the time so we never have a problem with the winding roads on the islands we visit. :) We drove all over the island! We have also rented a car in Tortola, Roatan, Freeport, Nassau and San Juan. Great times!!!

I drive them in the mountains also, but on a motorcycle And I love it.

We have spent two land vacations in St. Thomas. Both times we have seen vacationers in fender benders / wrecks. The roads are very narrow, crooked, winding and steep in places. Those things along with driving on the left side and the stress, no way I would do it. Not to mention you could be late for the ship if you were involved in a wreck.:eek:

Personally, I would take one of they many tours offered, sit back and enjoy the island.

Archived