never been on Princess

cinal

For me Princess is better than RCCL simply for the fact that Princess is the leader in destination cruising. They cover all corners of the earth in terms of extended Exocitc sailings to Africa, India, South America, the Orient, Australia/New Zealand and South Pacific and Tahiti. Princess does the Caribbbean, Mexico and Europe as RCCL does only. Also I like the fact that Princess has Personal Choice Dining. These two aspects meet my needs.

I also like the fact that Princess in my view offers a lot of value for what you are paying for in a cruise experience. Hope you cross over soon!:D

We've cruised with RCCL,Carnival, HAL,NCL,Celebrity & Princess. Princess is definitely an upgrade from RCCL and Carnival. They treat you more like an adult and it's more elegant. The dining choices are better, more luxury etc. You also don't hear those endless calls on debarkation day about so and so to please go to the pursers desk (to pay up your bill).Our cruises on RCCL always seemed like we were packed like sardines in the public areas. On Princess the space ratio is usually higher which means you won't be fighting for a space by the buffets and then having to search in vain for a nearby table. We now won't book a cruise unless the space ratio is at least 40 and on RCCL it seemed to always be in the 20's

I have done Princess and RCCL and I feel that Princess doesn't stack up to what I have heard all good. I was not super happy on the two Princess I went on. I am going to Alaska July 10 in two day. I am giving Princess one more chance. I will tell you how I feel later. talk a lot

Well....this is always subjective. You'll find die-hard RCI & Princess fans.

It all depends on what you're looking for. If it's in-your-face action 24/7, then a Voyager class ship is the way to go. If you're looking for a little more subdued atmosphere, I think Princess.

I feel crowded on RCI ships, never on Princess ships. I also like wrap around promenade decks that have been on all Princess ships since the Sun. Most Princess ships, other than the Caribbean Princess have passenger space ratios over 40, but I think the Voyager and Radiance RCI ships do too.

I think everyone should try them all. I have and prefer RCI with my kids and Princess w/o my kids.

No one can really say Princess is better. It is a personal preference. I have been on Princess, RCL, and Disney. I loved Disney the best--then Princess, then RCL. RCL Brilliance I actually greatly disliked. The elevators were always jammed, some did not work, the food was absolutely awful and the ship not as clean as it should be. (I had hair on my balcony everyday that was definately not mine---yeeecchhh) Everyone I spoke to on that cruise said the exact same thing but they cautioned me not to judge RCL by that one cruise. They agreed that it was an unusually bad cruise. The food was boring and the offerings were the same over and over. They said everything changed for the worse as soon as the ship crossed the ocean from its previous cruise in the Mediterranian to the States. Princess Caribbean and Disney Magic had great selections and the ships were immaculate. Again I have to caution that one line is not better than the other. It is a matter of preference totally. I do like the personal choice seating that Princess offers. Wonderful option for those who do not like the same time same people over and over. (like ourselves)

I also prefer Princess - I have been on Radiance and Explorer on RCCL.

RCCL always seems loud and crowded to me. Part of the ship remind me of a shopping mall - it drives me crazy.

Princess offers PC dining (which is nice in certain locations) along with traditional if you prefer that, fresh water pools, pools open 24 hours (on most ships), more subdued colors, it feels less crowded, etc ... I also feel nickel and dimed less on Princess compared to RCCL.

Like Princess Addict above, I think Princess is very good for its selection of varied itineraries.

They used to put out a brochure of "Exotic Adventures" which was excellent. Now most of those cruises are spread out in geographic brochures rather than being all listed in one place, but still a great selection.

Since 1996 I have cruised exclusively with Princess. Why? Excellence.....

Service, quality, elegance, style, overall experience.

I have cruised with other lines, Home Lines, Costa, NCL, Carnival & RCCL.

As many have mentioned everyone has their favorite & mine is Princess ;)

I have done Princess and RCCL and I feel that Princess doesn't stack up to what I have heard all good. I was not super happy on the two Princess I went on. I am going to Alaska July 10 in two day. I am giving Princess one more chance. I will tell you how I feel later. talk a lot

Must not be too bad if this will be your third Princess cruise??

Scott

I have tried several lines (Royal, Princess, NCL, Disney, Dolphin, Holland). Princess was my favorite. I thought the food was slightly better on Princess and the staff a little friendlier. I like the 24 hour pools. I appreciated my son (11) could join me in the weight room. Not an option on many lines. A minor point, but Princess handles the life boat drill better than any line I have been on. Itineraries will lead me to other lines. I went back to Holland America this summer so I could get to Tortola. Otherwise, I would have been back on Princess for a caribbean cruise. It's the little things about a cruiseline that calls a peron back or not.

My three cruises have been on Princess (2) and Royal Caribbean (1). There were things I liked about each line, but I enjoyed both of them. On Princess, I like the fresh-water pools, and I thought the food and service were better than on my Rhapsody cruise. I would give Royal Caribbean the edge in entertainment. I thought the big production shows were excellent when I was on the Rhapsody, and there was always something going on by the main pool.

I guess it depends on what your preferences are and what you're looking for. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on either line again.

I do not have a favorite cruise line. I just love to cruise!!! As you can see from my signature, we have cruised Carnival, Norweigan, RCCL, and soon we will be able to add Princess to the list.

We have great fun wherever we go! Choose a cruise that sounds like fun to you. If you go with the intention of having fun, and not to be a cruise line critic, I bet you will enjoy it - no matter which cruise line is your choice.

Archived