Difficult Decision

reilly1

Whilst it worked out in the end, I would have cancelled if asked to. It could have ended up a lot differently.

Not really. The way I looked at it, it would make no difference whether they cancelled last Tuesday or next Tuesday. At least she has a bit of time to talk it over with her partner and make a decision. She may still choose not to go and we can cancel up to the final day. We are in Northern Ireland and as long as any insurance claim is made within 28 days, it will be fine. I did discuss it with the other 6 friends who are joining us and they agreed with my decision to wait a few days.

Your friends asked you to cancel. So cancel.

It is not up to you to decide whether or not cruising would be good for them.

Do what you've been asked. Do not go back to your friend during this time and explain anything about the cruise; she has other things on her mind that far surpass this. She has the rest of her life to go on another cruise. Trust me when I say she is probably disappointed enough already; she doesn't also need to feel like she needs to explain her decision to you, or put on a brave front and go if she doesn't want to.

Please, cancel it as you've been asked to do.

I agree!

Your friends asked you to cancel. So cancel.

It is not up to you to decide whether or not cruising would be good for them.

Do what you've been asked. Do not go back to your friend during this time and explain anything about the cruise; she has other things on her mind that far surpass this. She has the rest of her life to go on another cruise. Trust me when I say she is probably disappointed enough already; she doesn't also need to feel like she needs to explain her decision to you, or put on a brave front and go if she doesn't want to.

Please, cancel it as you've been asked to do.

I agree whole-heartedly. She may feel as though you're pressuring her to go - and she doesn't need that.

Her partner took me aside after the funeral yesterday and said that they had decided to go on the cruise with us.

I wouldn't have cancelled either.

If she had cancer then it was probably no big surprise that she died because the MDs can usually put an accurate time frame on it.

It's not like there is anything to do 10 after the funeral.

They would just be back at work..

I agree whole-heartedly. She may feel as though you're pressuring her to go - and she doesn't need that.

OK all worked out now. Leave it at that. This is a forum and we should not and cannot know anything more than the OP has said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Actually, since the death, I have not even mentioned the cruise to her at all. It was her partner who discussed it with her and not one other person who is going on the cruise spoke about it in front of her at any time. We all agreed on this. The decision wss made by her and her partner and luckily they are still able to go.

Archived