things to do around the port area?

lulu_cruising

and a craft stand. Prices are about 20% higher due to exchange rate with the dollar but you can still find a few bargains. Liquor is a good buy compared to the ship or most other islands. Try Tortuga Rum company stores, there are several close to the pier. Lunch at Guy Harvey is a good stop, also his shop has some great designed clothing.

Yes, Grand Cayman is a tender port. I recommend throwing on a mask and going into the water near Paradise Grill (just a block or so from the tender docks) where they feed the tarpon and you can swim with them or head out to the reef. It's extremely convenient to the tender pier. Grab a bite and a drink and hit a few shops. Easy Peasy.

haha, you never know! ;)

I'm thinking by day 5 of the cruise I might be too full to even consider eating!!

That might be more like it! We don't eat a lot when on shore because we like to try a lot of different foods, so we tend to snack and sample our way through the ports. This way it's not too terribly expensive either.

I don't recall the last time we sat down for a big meal on an island.....but we definitley eat all over the place.

Where do you find a taxi in Grand Cayman?? After our excursion with the Stingrays we want to go to Hell but we're unsure where to find a taxi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

The Buses are about 2 blocks inland from where the tenders dock. They are mini vans and will take you directly to Hell. Seems like the fare was $1.50 last time we were there.

Does anyone know if there is a market area near the port, where local vendors sell all types of things, similar to the area leading to the bridge in Curacao ? I like to try to find local auto license plates in the islands.

we'll be there on Ruby Princess in december. thanx, Mike in CT

Archived