Grandeur of the Seas departure time might be delayed until 7:00 p.m. 10/17/

From RCCl web site

Grandeur of the Seas is scheduled to sail out of the Port of Baltimore, tomorrow, Thursday, October 17, 2013. The longshoremen’s union at the Port of Baltimore is currently on strike. If the strike continues tomorrow, we will experience a delay in moving guests’ luggage on and off the ship.

Therefore, we ask that guests scheduled to sail on Grandeur of the Seas, tomorrow, October 17, not arrive at the port before 1:00 p.m. Check in for your sailing will take place between 1:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The sailing’s departure time will be delayed until 7:00 p.m. to accommodate this event, but it will not impact the scheduled itinerary.

RCL just posted this:

Grandeur of the Seas – October 17, 2013 Sailing

Grandeur of the Seas is scheduled to sail out of the Port of Baltimore, today, Thursday, October 17, 2013. The longshoremen’s union at the Port of Baltimore is currently on strike. If the strike continues today, we will experience a delay in moving guests’ luggage on and off the ship.

Therefore, we ask that guests scheduled to sail on Grandeur of the Seas, today, October 17, not arrive at the port before 1:00 p.m. Check in for your sailing will take place between 1:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The sailing’s departure time will be delayed until 7:00 p.m. to accommodate this event, but it will not impact the scheduled itinerary.

# # #

Previous poster said that "ILA" will be at work at 7 AM. Any news or suggestions from current people on Grandeur? We are not sure when to get there. thanks.

Sorry I can't help you with a time. In checking the tracking site I use I noticed that Grandeur was already at the pier at 5:30 this morning, at least 1 1/2 hours early. I assume that part of it could be for a crew immigration but wonder if they also got in early to help with the longshoremans strike.

Archived