Chefs table

Baded

My DW and I will be the Allure soon, thinking about doing the Chef's table. Anyone that's done it out there? How was it?

:eek::eek:

;)

Very good. Elegant service above the CL. Limited people. Good food and wine. Good company. It was one of the highlights of our cruise.

We loved the Chef's Table on the Allure. One of the best meals we have ever eaten.

Our end of the table had a fun bunch of people. If we had been seated at the other end I don't think our experience would have been as good because the 6 people spoke a different language and did not interact with anyone outside their group.

I liked the Chef's Table better on the Allure than on the Oasis. I liked both the food and wine choices better.

It was the best meal we had the entire week. The food was amazing and the wine pairings were wonderful. Although we went in 2012 our favorite wine was also everyone else's as well (Cakebread). All of us had a second tasting! We did book the package that included 150 Central Park & Giovanni's. One recommendation-do not drink during the day you are attending Chef's Table.

My DW and I will be the Allure soon, thinking about doing the Chef's table. Anyone that's done it out there? How was it?

:eek::eek:

;)

Did it on Allure

Brilliant. Limited to 14 people,super food, wine and company.

Would do it again anytime. :)

About how long does the meal last? I know it starts at 7:30, but is there any chance to do this meal and see the Aqua show at 9 on the same night? I'd like to do both on our anniversary if possible.

Thanks in advance.

About how long does the meal last? I know it starts at 7:30, but is there any chance to do this meal and see the Aqua show at 9 on the same night? I'd like to do both on our anniversary if possible.

Thanks in advance.

When we did it, it took over 2 hours.

We did this on Oasis in August. We are fairly serious about wines (and food, too!) and I was impressed with the pairings. The wine choices were several steps above what you normally see, and in our opinion, well worth the money. There was a Schramsberg champagne that I've only seen before at the winery itself.

Kind of a funny experience: we went with another couple, who was seated directly across from us; we are in our 40's-50's. To my immediate left was a very young couple -- turned out they had just turned 21 not too long before -- who were extremely casually dressed (old jeans, kinda shabby tops). Everyone else at the table was dressed for a fine dining experience, so I guess I wasn't expecting much from them. You guessed it: appearances were deceiving and they were delightful company. The young man was also a bit embarrassed about their clothing; I guess they just didn't get the memo! But we really enjoyed them and the whole experience was one I'd repeat any time.

Hope you enjoy as much as we did!

We're considering this's in Feb. when we're on the Oasis. We've done the similar experience on Carnival.

A couple of additional questions:

- Is the menu different on the Oasis and Allure?

- Where do the hold it on Oasis?

- Is it typically the first two nights?

Thanks all.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We're considering this's in Feb. when we're on the Oasis. We've done the similar experience on Carnival.

A couple of additional questions:

- Is the menu different on the Oasis and Allure?

- Where do the hold it on Oasis?

- Is it typically the first two nights?

Thanks all.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

They change chefs frequently and therefore the menu changes frequently. Current chef decides on the menu.

It is held in the upper lever of the concierge lounge. Perfect set up with large table.

They have one every night of the cruise!

We did it on Allure this past September and were disappointed. The company was great, but the food and wines were not as good as we had hoped after reading rave reviews on CC. One of the other couples who had done it on other ships was also disappointed. They only gave us one pouring of each wine and then disappeared until the next wine was introduced and there were only 8 of us at the table so it wasn't like they needed to conserve the wine. Hopefully you will have a better experience then us.

Artemis, thank you for the link.

I was a bit shocked when I read that it's possible that there will be children at Chef's Table :eek:. Sorry, but that would be a big no-go for me. So I probably just have to hope for the best when I book this for our next cruise on Oasis. It's a bit annoying that there's really no dining experience on those ships left that is for adults only.

^ Yes, that's why we moved to another night! I gather they made the exception because the large family group was the first to book that night. But it was disappointing to learn they had then booked us without notice--we found out by accident when calling the day before about dietary needs--hence my suggestion to call ahead!

I wrote a detailed review of our wonderful Allure Chef's Table experience, including how well they met dietary needs, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1908540

Enjoy!

Thank you very much for the comprehensive review! Like your husband, I am unable to eat seafood so that portion of your review was particularly helpful.

Archived