Lobster at the Crown Grill, and related Q's

cvpends

No, lobster was not offered on either leg of our Ruby Princess B2B earlier this month.

Mike:)[/quot

It is in the MDR menu on a formal night, together with the beef wellington and the pheasant.

As I stated there was no lobster on formal night on our recent Ruby cruise.

There was a filet and prawns which were pretty good.

Mike:)

No, lobster was not offered on either leg of our Ruby Princess B2B earlier this month.

Mike:)

Mike, These posts from another thread would appear to indicate that lobster was still offered on the Ruby's 5 Day cruises.

So on a 5 day cruise which Formal night Menu do you think they use?

1 Grilled Chili-Spiced Barramundi Steak with Lobster Creamoro

or

2 Broiled Lobster Tail and King Prawns with Lemon Butter

5 NIGHT cruise does #2. We were on B2B 5 days in January (Ruby) and they both had the same menu.
Both the 3 and 4 day West Coast cruises have no formal night. They have menus apparently introduced this year specifically for the Coastal cruises. With no formal night they have a menu that does include filet and shrimp/prawns, but no lobster.

Mike, These posts from another thread would appear to indicate that lobster was still offered on the Ruby's 5 Day cruises........

It may not always be offered on the 5 night cruises because other threads have indicated that it wasn't. We will be finding that out next week when we will be on the Ruby for a B2B. :cool:

Mike, These posts from another thread would appear to indicate that lobster was still offered on the Ruby's 5 Day cruises.

Both the 3 and 4 day West Coast cruises have no formal night. They have menus apparently introduced this year specifically for the Coastal cruises. With no formal night they have a menu that does include filet and shrimp/prawns, but no lobster.

It may not always be offered on the 5 night cruises because other threads have indicated that it wasn't. We will be finding that out next week when we will be on the Ruby for a B2B. :cool:
It does sound like it might be hit or miss on the Ruby. Go not expecting lobster. Many times I have ordered the prawns rather than the lobster to go with my Beef Wellington. I often rely on the waiter's recommendation.

• 1 year later...
I was looking at the menu for the Crown Grill, and I think I started to drool a little, LOL. I have a couple of questions:

What is the spiny lobster cake appetizer like?

When ordering the lobster, do you order a particular number of lobster tails, or is there a standard number that they give you?

Can you order multiple entrees? I'm thinking the tiger prawns AND the lobster might be good ;)

Thank you!

I imagine you can make multiple requests. Being from New England, Spiney Lobsters just don't quite cut it. I was able to get the cold water variety in the Queens Grill on Cunard.