Lobster at the Crown Grill, and related Q's

cvpends

Last week I had lobster at the crown grill, asked for one tail with my fillet and got three! It was good. On the second formal night (Emerald 10 day) there was lobster tails with jumbo shrimp. That lobster was even better!:)

I was on the Dec 7 CB cruise. I order both the Lobster and Lamb Chops.

Lobster were small tails, nothing special for me. The Lamb Chops were very good, mouth watering. DW had the New York Strip, she thought is was good, I finished it, Lamb was much better. Scallop appetizer was good.The salts were interesting, we both wanted to buy some , but they did not have them for sale.

It used to be that there was an extra charge for fresh lobster and what was included was frozen lobster. Now, I think it's all frozen. :(

Yes, it is definitely frozen....and, doubtful from Maine. Too bad because the Princess lobster experience is nothing to get all excited about. Plus, they often overcook the lobster.

It is interesting to note that some lines like Celebrity are now onloading dockside fresh Maine lobster directly from Portland lobstermen. Good for our economy and great for their passengers.

Honestly, come to Maine and eat fresh lobster. :cool:

I was looking at the menu for the Crown Grill, and I think I started to drool a little, LOL. I have a couple of questions:

What is the spiny lobster cake appetizer like?

When ordering the lobster, do you order a particular number of lobster tails, or is there a standard number that they give you?

Can you order multiple entrees? I'm thinking the tiger prawns AND the lobster might be good ;)

Thank you!

This is just my opinion, but I didn't like the spiny lobster cake appetiser at all, but do try it, you might like it. You can have as many lobster tails as you can eat, and multiple entrees. The world is your lobster:D