Lobster at the Crown Grill, and related Q's

cvpends

I was looking at the menu for the Crown Grill, and I think I started to drool a little, LOL. I have a couple of questions:

What is the spiny lobster cake appetizer like?

When ordering the lobster, do you order a particular number of lobster tails, or is there a standard number that they give you?

Can you order multiple entrees? I'm thinking the tiger prawns AND the lobster might be good ;)

Thank you!

Sounds good to me too! I am looking forward to seeing the answers to your question. We have never gone to the Crown Grill, but plan to on this next trip as we will have a number of sea days. Most of our cruises have been so port intensive that we have just gone to the Buffet.

I can only help with part of your questions, as I do not like Seafood....and my wife is not a big eater...lol

You can order multiple entrees, or sides, or deserts, or....... no extra charge. One time I couldn't decide which steak I wanted, so I ordered 3 different ones. Although I finished all of them, I still couldn't decide which was best :)

I can only help with part of your questions, as I do not like Seafood....and my wife is not a big eater...lol

You can order multiple entrees, or sides, or deserts, or....... no extra charge. One time I couldn't decide which steak I wanted, so I ordered 3 different ones. Although I finished all of them, I still couldn't decide which was best :)

That's a good partial answer :)

Sounds good to me too! I am looking forward to seeing the answers to your question. We have never gone to the Crown Grill, but plan to on this next trip as we will have a number of sea days. Most of our cruises have been so port intensive that we have just gone to the Buffet.

Our Spring Break cruise on the Crown has mostly sea days -- can't wait! Let me know what you think of the Crown when you try it :)

I was looking at the menu for the Crown Grill, and I think I started to drool a little, LOL. I have a couple of questions:

What is the spiny lobster cake appetizer like?

When ordering the lobster, do you order a particular number of lobster tails, or is there a standard number that they give you?

Can you order multiple entrees? I'm thinking the tiger prawns AND the lobster might be good ;)

Thank you!

I will start out by saying that you can order everything on the menu if you want and there is no extra charge if you do.

I thought the Spiny Lobster Cake was ok. Do you like Scallops? I thought the Scallops were very good.

We both ordered a steak and Lobster. The tails are about 4 ounces. I think the server brought us 6 or 8 of them. If you want more, just ask.

I think I would also like to try the Tiger Prawns.

Enjoy! I know that I will :)

As others have said, you can order as much of everything as you like. On our last cruise, my wife had approx 10 tails, and we had multiple orders of all the sides. I also like shrimp a lot, and order the shrimp from the entree meals on the side.

yum!!!

Last time we went to the CG I think I skipped over all the apps and went straight for the lobster! I had like 10 tails LOL! They were so good and I ate very little that day and went to the gym :)

You can order whatever you want and how much you want and as often as you want while you are there. DH gets the filet and shrimps or prawns on the side (surf 'n turf).

Our waiter did a wonderful job taking care of us, and we gave him a nice tip to thank him.

We make it a point of getting there each time we sail.

Enjoy!

I just wanted to recommend something a the Crown Grill... the black and blue onion soup. It's so good!!

As for the lobster, they bring you multiple tails. You can basically eat as much as you'd like. Last time we dined there I couldn't eat all of my lobster (and I love lobster) so I passed some off to my husband who was already full from the steak. :)

I always order that lobster appetizer as well as the onion soup - so good. Since we had the option on our last cruise to go free to Crown Grill on the first night I was not hungry so just ordered the lobster tails. I got way too many - DH helped me out. Then they asked if he wanted more. Love Crown Grill.

Hi All

Last time

I had Spiney Lobster cake

followed by a Muscle pot

Followed By Steam Fish in a Bag might have been Bass all of the above were very good, the steam fish was excellant,

the bag was cut open at the table and the great smell of fresh cooking released.

the lobster tails,

were a side dish, the number of tails he brought ten.

yours shogun

• 3 months later...

I know its an old post-- but I am trying to find information regarding Crown Grill on Ruby.

Why is there an upcharge for lobster on some dinners but not the other?

can you still order whatever you want off this menu for one charge?

\

I know its an old post-- but I am trying to find information regarding Crown Grill on Ruby.

\

What upcharge for lobster?

\

There's no upcharge for anything on the menu at the Crown Grill other than the base $25pp.

We overdosed on lobster last week.:D

Mike:)

Edited by bhopal21

There's no upcharge for anything on the menu at the Crown Grill other than the base $25pp.

We overdosed on lobster last week.:D

Mike:)

there is an upcharge of 9.00 if we wanted a 1.5 lb whole maine lobster OR a 12 oz Brazilian cold water Lobster. (can we have as many of those if we pay the upcharge>?

is it realy necessary to pay the upcharge?

Its listed on the bottom of the third page on the menu.

(maybe the menu is old??

Edited by serene56

there is an upcharge of 9.00 if we wanted a 1.5 lb whole maine lobster OR a 12 oz Brazilian cold water Lobster. (can we have as many of those if we pay the upcharge>?

It has been a few years since I saw the Maine Lobster on the menu, and neither of those are shown on the menu on the Princess website.

How long ago did you have and see those?

That sounds like an old menu. The whole lobster hasn't been available in quite awhile. The only lobster served is lobster tails. You can have as many as you want.

When I had the whole lobster 5 years ago, I paid the surcharge. I never asked for a second. I paired it with a filet.

We also ate lots of lobster....

any foie gras?

Please do not slaughter me on this question. I realize this dish is very controversial.

I grew up with it, along with tongue, heart, and brain.

Edited by gingera